AK Pool with Kidani's pool closed

melbatoast

Dis Fan
Hi, thinking of staying at AK end of March, but with Kidani's pool closed and their ability to use AK pool, will it be too crowded? Anyone else concerned with this?

It's a tough call. I would expect things to be very busy at AKL the end of March, meaning there could be more strain on the Jambo pool. The Jambo pool is pretty big and there's a lot of seating, but it is likely to be quite crowded some days, especially if it gets hot.

I’m worried too. We are booked last week of April so hoping for an early reopening

When does Kidani’s pool close?

I’m not sure if I’ve seen a report on an exact date (I have not checked in on the main AKL thread lately), but from Disney’s website:

From January 2022 through April 2022, the Samawati Springs Pool at Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani Village will be closed for refurbishment. During this time, Guests staying at Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani Village may enjoy the Uzima Springs Pool at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge - Jambo House.

You may see and hear construction noise while this refurbishment is underway, but you should not hear noise from Guest rooms between dusk and 9:00 AM.

We apologize for any inconvenience.

I’m not sure if I’ve seen a report on an exact date (I have not checked in on the main AKL thread lately), but from Disney’s website:

From January 2022 through April 2022, the Samawati Springs Pool at Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani Village will be closed for refurbishment. During this time, Guests staying at Disney's Animal Kingdom Villas – Kidani Village may enjoy the Uzima Springs Pool at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge - Jambo House.

You may see and hear construction noise while this refurbishment is underway, but you should not hear noise from Guest rooms between dusk and 9:00 AM.

We apologize for any inconvenience.
ok thanks, sorry I probably could have looked at Disney’s site 😬 We’ll be at Jambo House next week so the OP’s concern about the pool got my attention. It’s not going to be super warm though so I guess I won’t worry about it👍

I was at AKL Jambo when its pool was closed in September 2018. Not exactly a busy time but it was very hot. The Samawati pool was certainly busy but not crowded when we went twice. A few less seating options but it was fine. Possibly due to the inconvenience of getting to the pool from Jambo. I expected it to be busier.

I would be reluctant to stay at Kidani if I planned on using the pool often.

We've been there in cooler weather when the Kidani pool was closed and didn't notice the Jambo pool being crowded at all. Milage may vary of course.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter