Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I took her to the vet yesterday afternoon because she was getting worse, couldn't get comfortable, was moaning in her sleep and just looked miserable. She peed beside the litterbox and the vet thought perhaps she had developed a UTI on top of everything else and a quick urine sample plus antibiotics would perk her up. I knew by the look on her face when she came back out to the waiting room that it wasn't good - there was blood in her urine and elevated sugar levels as well. The time arrived to simply let her go in peace, she was never going to get better, her kidneys were shot. The only thing I would do by bringing her home on higher doses of pain meds would be prolonging both her and my suffering. She HATED the crate so I couldn't do that to her again. I was alone at the time but eventually our daughter dropped what she was doing and drove my hubby to the clinic - I was in no shape to drive myself home with an empty crate and her collar clutched in my hand.

I've spent the day clearing her stuff out of the house and I'll be donating it to either the humane society or putting it on our city's Facebook page "save it from the landfill" page. I need it gone, I'm just gutted
I so understand where you are coming from about getting everything out of the house but please keep her collar. Put it away in a box and forget its there. You will be glad one day to have the momento of your time together.

Looking for clarification on Metro Airmiles

So I will try to explain this the best I can

I go onto Airmiles website and look at Metro Airmiles deals
I click on the heart and the offers save to my Airmiles card and show on my Airmiles App on my phone.

metromessup1.jpg

They do not save to my Metro APP or online Metro *My Offers*

I go to the Metro store and buy the products however no Airmiles appear on my card or receipt.
One time I called Metro and they did a rewards adjustment (it took a few weeks)
June 9, 2023

REWARD MILES ADJUSTMENT
+140

I see over 800 products with airmiles on the Airmiles website.
Do I really have to track these Airmiles this way?
So flipping confused here.
Thanks
Mel

.Just my thoughts on the issue Mel. I went into my Airmiles account and looked at the coupons I have. I picked one product and clicked on the "Visit website to complete". It took me to the Metro online grocery. My thoughts is that those offers may be for the "online" shopping not necessarily in-store. Some of them may also be offered in-store but I think you'd need to see them in the store flyer for that.

Again, I don't know for certain as I haven't online grocery shopped. It would take a call to Airmiles to confirm whether the offers apply to in-store shopping.

Thanks ottawamom
I have asked for an *upper management Airmiles * advisor to call me Monday and am going to try calling Metro.
I also don't do Metro online delivery ,,,well maybe once 3 years ago.
I'll post any updates I get.
Thanks
Mel

regarding all those metro offers

• it looks like gazillion since each flavour and size is listed as one item you can filter by categories like frozen, or beverage or dairy...
  • The offers for products don't need to be activated nor ordered on line, they just happen and also work in store
  • If the offers are in the list online or in the app but not in the flyer it is usually good for about a month - the shelf labels have end dates on them - example, my frozen Blueberries are 3.99 a bag, buy 2 get 15 miles until the end of July. I've already bought 2 boxes and will be getting more!
  • The product offers appear on your receipt
  • the product offers in the app but not in the flyer are considered In Store Specials and not eligible for rainchecks
  • The emailed offers that you need to opt in for and then show up in your app with the little red grocery bag will NOT appear on your receipt
  • the offer will stay visible until the end of term but unless it says otherwise it's a once and done
  • If you got the redeem 95 get 95 (one of my cards did the other didn't).YES it's good for once per day, go ahead and get $10 of free groceries every day if you can

Yes, we shop at metro all the time!

• it looks like gazillion since each flavour and size is listed as one item you can filter by categories like frozen, or beverage or dairy...
  • The offers for products don't need to be activated nor ordered on line, they just happen and also work in store
  • If the offers are in the list online or in the app but not in the flyer it is usually good for about a month - the shelf labels have end dates on them - example, my frozen Blueberries are 3.99 a bag, buy 2 get 15 miles until the end of July. I've already bought 2 boxes and will be getting more!
  • the product offers in the app but not in the flyer are considered In Store Specials and not eligible for rainchecks
  • The emailed offers that you need to opt in for and then show up in your app with the little red grocery bag will NOT appear on your receipt
  • the offer will stay visible until the end of term but unless it says otherwise it's a once and done
  • If you got the redeem 95 get 95 (one of my cards did the other didn't).YES it's good for once per day, go ahead and get $10 of free groceries every day if you can

Thanks
Although I am going to be honest and say I am still confused.
I'll try to mull this over with a hot cup of tea and understand.
Hugs Mel

Not to confuse all your great information…there are also three flyers at the moment, a two week one, a monthly one and the regular weekly one.
The monthly one has a frozen fruit offer 15am when you purchase 2. They are all on Flipp, two of the flyers end July 5.

Glad to see someone else received the redeem 95 get 95 offer. For us it is such a great offer!

I know just how you feel. Poodle here also, got to go and put some product on my hair to tame it down.

Thanks
Although I am going to be honest and say I am still confused.
I'll try to mull this over with a hot cup of tea and understand.
Hugs Mel

I just went through a number of the airmiles website/metro offers and found most I searched for. A couple (your pop ones, sirloin burgers) I couldn't find but they were on sale. At this point my thoughts are they are errors (Metro changed to sale price rather than points and airmiles offers weren't removed by airmiles or airmiles offers released too early ie next weeks). Just my thoughts.

You know when to give up,,, and it's that time.
I have spent to much time on this 100 Airmiles.
Yes Metro acknowledges that the pop should have posted on the receipt but now they are saying it's limited to one special buy 2 cases of 8 x 310 get 20 Airmiles.
Until they can get their act together (Airmiles & Metro) I'm off to *Scene* other grocery stores.
I currently have enough for 2024 trip so need to continue at this point.

Terms + Conditions​

* Offer valid from June 22, 2023 to June 28, 2023. Valid at participating Metro locations in Ontario (excluding Thunder Bay) or on https://www.metro.ca/en/online-grocery. Minimum eligible purchase must be spent in a single transaction. While supplies last. Product availability may vary by store. We reserve the right to limit quantities. AIR MILES Card must be presented at the time of the purchase. Can be combined with other offers, and AIR MILES offers. ®™ Trademarks of AM Royalties Limited Partnership used under license by AIR MILES Loyalty Inc. Partner, Supplier and Retailer trademarks are owned by the respective Partner, Supplier or Retailer or authorized for their use in Canada.

I totally understand what you are saying. I've given up with Airmiles unless it's something I know will work. Some of the tried and true (my offers, flyer offers, email direct from Airmiles). Airmiles will need to get their website and store offers in line with each other. It discouraging and poor customer service to not get what you think should be a straighforward earning of miles.

This AM contest was posted on Twitter. Contest runs today only:
Here’s how to enter

1.Follow @airmiles
2.Like this post
3.Tell us in the comments what you are hoping to redeem for next!

Ends 11:59 pm ET.
Thanks. I just entered. Fingers crossed for any and all of us here. :D

Well I need a new air fryer. Debating getting the basket kind again or going for one that is also a toaster, with a rotisserie. That would replace the toaster oven I have as well so less things on the counter.

Almost a disaster here. Kiddo made himself a pizza then moved the airfryer onto the stove and knocked the knob with slowly melted the bottom, filling the house with smoke. Luckily he noticed before it was too bad, but I am also replacing the smoke detector since it should have gone off. Also glad I bought an sir purifier when the smoke was so bad outside, it cleared the smoke and plastic smell in no time. Thank goodness he noticed before there were any flames or anything worse happened. But I will miss my air fryer, love that little machine. 😢

Well I need a new air fryer. Debating getting the basket kind again or going for one that is also a toaster, with a rotisserie. That would replace the toaster oven I have as well so less things on the counter.

Almost a disaster here. Kiddo made himself a pizza then moved the airfryer onto the stove and knocked the knob with slowly melted the bottom, filling the house with smoke. Luckily he noticed before it was too bad, but I am also replacing the smoke detector since it should have gone off. Also glad I bought an sir purifier when the smoke was so bad outside, it cleared the smoke and plastic smell in no time. Thank goodness he noticed before there were any flames or anything worse happened. But I will miss my air fryer, love that little machine. 😢
So glad all is well. :hug:

I took her to the vet yesterday afternoon because she was getting worse, couldn't get comfortable, was moaning in her sleep and just looked miserable. She peed beside the litterbox and the vet thought perhaps she had developed a UTI on top of everything else and a quick urine sample plus antibiotics would perk her up. I knew by the look on her face when she came back out to the waiting room that it wasn't good - there was blood in her urine and elevated sugar levels as well. The time arrived to simply let her go in peace, she was never going to get better, her kidneys were shot. The only thing I would do by bringing her home on higher doses of pain meds would be prolonging both her and my suffering. She HATED the crate so I couldn't do that to her again. I was alone at the time but eventually our daughter dropped what she was doing and drove my hubby to the clinic - I was in no shape to drive myself home with an empty crate and her collar clutched in my hand.

I've spent the day clearing her stuff out of the house and I'll be donating it to either the humane society or putting it on our city's Facebook page "save it from the landfill" page. I need it gone, I'm just gutted
Mocha was so loved and will be so missed. I am deeply sorry for the loss of your fur baby.

I just found a new thingy on the Air Miles app. Each week they post food items from major grocery stores that you can earn a few miles on. You just submit your receipt (take pic) and submit through the app. Out my three from the this weekend (Sobeys, Superstore (Loblaws) and SDM (this isn't a qualifying store), I bought broccoli (3 miles) at Sobeys and the receipt activity shows it's "in progress".

When you open the app, a blue box is there that says "Air Miles Receipts"

I am glad all are safe....dont know how many times I tell my wife not to put the instapot on the stove for fear of this. Minimize preventable accidents.....now I get to show her this..

I just found a new thingy on the Air Miles app. Each week they post food items from major grocery stores that you can earn a few miles on. You just submit your receipt (take pic) and submit through the app. Out my three from the this weekend (Sobeys, Superstore (Loblaws) and SDM (this isn't a qualifying store), I bought broccoli (3 miles) at Sobeys and the receipt activity shows it's "in progress".

When you open the app, a blue box is there that says "Air Miles Receipts"
You're lucky, it's being rolled out starting in Atlantic Canada. Not available yet for the rest of us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter