Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Explanation of my post Re: Scene points

Sobeys

Turn Points into Groceries & More!​

Every 1000 Scene+ Points = $10 towards your grocery bill
In store redemption

OR

Cash back
Give yourself some credit. Use your Scene+ points for an account credit on participating Scotiabank debit and credit cards.

sob2.jpg

OR
sob1.jpg

Last edited:
I am like the rest of you finding it very difficult to collect miles these days. Thank goodness for my BMO CC. I purchased $500 worth of Metro GC the other day (waited until the AM posted from my test GC a few weeks ago). The cashier called up to the office and got approval to sell them to me. There was a sign posted right there about scams etc. Guess they were just being careful.

Anyway the BMO offer works out to be a better offer than the old Sobey GC deals (at the moment). I plan on stocking up in the next two weeks and netting 1500AM for $1500 in Metro cards. Shouldn't take too long to go through that in groceries as most of my shopping these days seems to be at Food Basics and Metro anyway. I don't know why it took me so long to put two and two together with this offer.

I'll keep collecting (all go to cash miles now) until I am able to use up the Dream miles I have in my account(s). When I use the cash miles I put the funds used into a savings account for future travel. After the Dream miles are gone I'm finished with collecting AM unless they change things and make it fun again. It was fun while it lasted.

We will need to start a new thread to keep in touch with one and other. Anyone have a good name for what we might call our post Airmiles thread. Something that pays homage to the Airmiles Alert.

Wish I knew where to find this BMO offer everyone is talking about. I have the World Elite Airmiles card and I've heard nothing about a tie-in with Metro.

It was a targeted offer (from Airmiles) via email middle of December 2022. The offer is good from December 12-Mar 9. One needed to opt in. Headline of the email was "Max your Miles at Metro!"

1676824759039.png
It might not be too late if you still have the email in your inbox.

Sometimes I feel all alone over on the Scene+ thread.:sad2:
Groceries expenses are still going up and Nestle (one of the largest producers of food for Canada) just said that they predict price increases for the next year.

Maybe we could chit chat and also post when we see specials and deals on groceries ,,,and still post when Airmiles
has specials and offers.:grouphug:

*** One thing I just realized about the cash back from Scene+ is it takes 3,000 points to get 20$ cash back BUT it is only 2,500 points to get some of their 25$ gift cards. (Wish they had Starbucks gift cards).
Time to rethink my points/airmiles strategy.

Hugs Mel🤗
I read the posts. I'm just not doing the best at playing the games right now, and I don't have any Sobey's stores close to me. I generally shop No Frills (order online, DD picks up on a trip home from shul), and our local little Freshmart store. I figure what it costs more, I'm saving in gas. Which, isn't doing well with Shell since we aren't going many places, and I need to be almost on empty to get 30L into her.
Wish I knew where to find this BMO offer everyone is talking about. I have the World Elite Airmiles card and I've heard nothing about a tie-in with Metro.
I either didn't get it or missed opting in, but I'm thrilled for everyone who has been able to take advantage.

I read the posts. I'm just not doing the best at playing the games right now, and I don't have any Sobey's stores close to me. I generally shop No Frills (order online, DD picks up on a trip home from shul), and our local little Freshmart store. I figure what it costs more, I'm saving in gas. Which, isn't doing well with Shell since we aren't going many places, and I need to be almost on empty to get 30L into her.

I either didn't get it or missed opting in, but I'm thrilled for everyone who has been able to take advantage.
Hey Debbie
That's the same for me with gas.. I literally have to be almost on one bar of gas or gas light flashing in order to get 30L into her.
For shopping we are choosing who has the best prices on what we need. Last week we choose FreshCo because we were able to get Prime chicken for $9.99 a box X 5 boxes. We did get 500 Points for spending $50.00.
Thinking about getting a BMO credit card ,,,maybe.

Check the airmiles app or website

My BMO credit card offer shows by clicking BMO offers

You should be able to opt in from the app or website good till 9 March 2023

360_F_425619937_JjYfeYuG9cLJ3y7YY2OQOiqiZRj24ivE.jpg

Hugs Mel

Check the airmiles app or website

My BMO credit card offer shows by clicking BMO offers

You should be able to opt in from the app or website good till 9 March 2023
Thanks, but the only offers I have from BMO is to get a credit card (x2). I already have a basic BMO and a World Elite BMO credit card, so it's very frustrating to keep seeing these two pop up.
Metro has the basic 1AM/$20 and use up to 7125 cash miles towards food per day.
Just another one we missed out on, and, if we had it, I would have definitely made the effort to get to Metro for sure. DD shops there for her kosher foods and uses my AM card.

Happy Family Day, Everyone!

Anyone else fall in love with certain Rexall products during the Shop the Block promos?? I tend to go in fits and starts with their new loyalty plan "Be Well" but when the stars line up like they will tomorrow, you can bet I'm shopping! We stopped on the way to see Arthur to start this ball rolling & bought toilet paper and Tylenol to earn enough points that I have $20 worth sitting there
  • Tuesday = old lady shopping day 20% regularly priced items
  • Flyer has a TON of products with extra points attached
  • Several good targeted offers
  • Use the $20 worth of points earned this weekend
  • Combine with the one day only Spend $60 get 50,000 ($20)

End results - I will *buy* $60 worth of things, use $20 worth of points and EARN $20 back

Anyone else fall in love with certain Rexall products during the Shop the Block promos?? I tend to go in fits and starts with their new loyalty plan "Be Well" but when the stars line up like they will tomorrow, you can bet I'm shopping! We stopped on the way to see Arthur to start this ball rolling & bought toilet paper and Tylenol to earn enough points that I have $20 worth sitting there

End results - I will *buy* $60 worth of things, use $20 worth of points and EARN $20 back
That’s a pretty solid plan! Good luck!!

Doesn't the subject of weak AM collecting come up every year at this time? I feel like things don't get rolling until May-ish.

I've already earned 2340 miles since the start of the year. A good chunk of that is from my CC's. DD's account is pretty much at a stand still....that account was only set up to double dip on the big promos. If there are no big promos going forward I will likely look at transferring her miles to my account.

On the cash miles redemption that I did not make....they sent an email with a phone number and want me to call them. Slight problem with that....the account is under DH's name. I'll have to explain everything to DH and hope that he actually listens to what I say.

Since the air miles are pretty much dried up right now (only have Shell and CC), I have been focusing more on my TD Aeroplan VISA. I have this card until the fall (no annual fee first year) and then I will likely cancel it. Hoping to hit 110,000 aeroplan points by then. Yes, I did some card churning in the past to hit my current balance of 95,000.

Currently saving my air miles for a future Universal trip, including Epic Universe. I know those park tickets (4-park tickets) will likely cost a lot for three people!

I was thinking of shopping at Rexall today but my offer is spend $75 get 50,000 points and I don't think I can do that much.

Since the air miles are pretty much dried up right now (only have Shell and CC), I have been focusing more on my TD Aeroplan VISA. I have this card until the fall (no annual fee first year) and then I will likely cancel it. Hoping to hit 110,000 aeroplan points by then. Yes, I did some card churning in the past to hit my current balance of 95,000.

Currently saving my air miles for a future Universal trip, including Epic Universe. I know those park tickets (4-park tickets) will likely cost a lot for three people!
Another option is to product switch the card to the TD First Class Travel and scoop up that bonus. That will keep the account alive to help your credit score, and you can product switch back to the Aeroplan card later on!

Going through the grocery flyers and I came upon this product. I'd almost forgotten all about it. Try it as a spread on apples for that caramel/cinnamon addition to a healthy snack. No Airmiles attached but it is really good.

1677076617804.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter