Airmiles Armchair Chatter

I'm pretty sure the T&C are the same for everyone. To quality you opt in then make an eligible purchase of $25 or more to get the 250 Bonus Miles. Then the next week you get the other amounts. Thursday to Sunday and only one purchase per week counts.

Terms + Conditions​

This offer is not transferable and is valid only for the BMO AIR MILES Mastercard cardholder who received this offer invitation email. Offer valid each Thursday to Sunday between December 15, 2022 and March 9, 2023. To qualify for the AIR MILES Bonus Miles, you must first click the "Opt in" button from the offer invitation and then i) make an eligible purchase of $25 or more, in a single transaction, on your BMO AIR MILES Mastercard or make an eligible purchase of $12 or more, in a single transaction, on your BMO AIR MILES World Elite Mastercard at any Metro location, excluding Thunder Bay, or online at metro.ca to get 250 Bonus Miles; then, one offer period later ii) make an eligible purchase, in a single transaction, on your BMO AIR MILES Mastercard or BMO AIR MILES World Elite Mastercard at any Metro location, excluding Thunder Bay, or online at metro.ca, as follows: a minimum of $60 to get 50 Bonus Miles, a minimum of $100 to get 100 Bonus Miles, a minimum of $250 to get 250 Bonus Miles, or a minimum of $500 to get 500 Bonus Miles. All eligible purchases exclude tobacco products and any other products or services that we may specify from time to time or where prohibited by law. Limit of one (1) eligible purchase transaction per collector number per week (Thursday – Sunday) for both the 250 Bonus Miles offer and the tiered Spend and Get offer. The maximum number of Bonus Miles to be earned in connection with this offer during the offer period is 2000 Bonus Miles. Purchase transactions do not include cash advances, balance transfers, interest charges, fee payments, credit or debit adjustments, or any other amounts that may be charged to the account. To qualify for this offer, your BMO AIR MILES Mastercard account must be in good standing at the time the Bonus Miles are awarded. This offer can be combined with other offers. Please allow up to 90 days after the promotion end date for Bonus Miles to be posted to your collector account. Offer is subject to change without notice.
Mine is different.

Terms + Conditions​

This offer is not transferable and is valid only for the BMO AIR MILES Mastercard cardholder who received this offer invitation email. Offer valid each Thursday to Sunday between December 15, 2022 and March 9, 2023. To qualify for the AIR MILES Bonus Miles, you must first click the "Opt in" button from the offer invitation and then make an eligible purchase, in a single transaction, on your BMO AIR MILES Mastercard or BMO AIR MILES World Elite Mastercard at any Metro location, excluding Thunder Bay, or online at metro.ca, as follows: a minimum of $60 to get 50 Bonus Miles, a minimum of $100 to get 100 Bonus Miles, a minimum of $250 to get 250 Bonus Miles, or a minimum of $500 to get 500 Bonus Miles. Eligible purchase excludes tobacco products and any other products or services that we may specify from time to time or where prohibited by law. Limit of one (1) eligible purchase transaction per collector number per week (Thursday – Sunday). The maximum number of Bonus Miles to be earned in connection with this offer during the offer period is 2000 Bonus Miles per collector number. Purchase transactions do not include cash advances, balance transfers, interest charges, fee payments, credit or debit adjustments, or any other amounts that may be charged to the account. To qualify for this offer, your BMO AIR MILES Mastercard account must be in good standing at the time the Bonus Miles are awarded. This offer can be combined with other offers. Please allow up to 90 days after the promotion end date for Bonus Miles to be posted to your collector account. Offer is subject to change without notice.

Mine is different.

Terms + Conditions​

This offer is not transferable and is valid only for the BMO AIR MILES Mastercard cardholder who received this offer invitation email. Offer valid each Thursday to Sunday between December 15, 2022 and March 9, 2023. To qualify for the AIR MILES Bonus Miles, you must first click the "Opt in" button from the offer invitation and then make an eligible purchase, in a single transaction, on your BMO AIR MILES Mastercard or BMO AIR MILES World Elite Mastercard at any Metro location, excluding Thunder Bay, or online at metro.ca, as follows: a minimum of $60 to get 50 Bonus Miles, a minimum of $100 to get 100 Bonus Miles, a minimum of $250 to get 250 Bonus Miles, or a minimum of $500 to get 500 Bonus Miles. Eligible purchase excludes tobacco products and any other products or services that we may specify from time to time or where prohibited by law. Limit of one (1) eligible purchase transaction per collector number per week (Thursday – Sunday). The maximum number of Bonus Miles to be earned in connection with this offer during the offer period is 2000 Bonus Miles per collector number. Purchase transactions do not include cash advances, balance transfers, interest charges, fee payments, credit or debit adjustments, or any other amounts that may be charged to the account. To qualify for this offer, your BMO AIR MILES Mastercard account must be in good standing at the time the Bonus Miles are awarded. This offer can be combined with other offers. Please allow up to 90 days after the promotion end date for Bonus Miles to be posted to your collector account. Offer is subject to change without notice.

Interesting. You don't get the bonus offer, but it seems like you did get the bonus when you spent.

The first time you do the offer you get the "bonus" of 250 AM. As long as you spent at least $25 on your CC.
The following weekends, you get the proper amount.
So it seems like you only did it one weekend, and got the bonus.
OMG…so I messed it up twice. I think. l could have spent $25 instead of $500. Now I’m mad. I read the terms more than once and didn’t pick up on the part you put in green ^

OMG…so I messed it up twice. I think. l could have spent $25 instead of $500. Now I’m mad. I read the terms more than once and didn’t pick up on the part you put in green ^
Did your offer have that in the Terms because, as you can see above, mine didn't. I thought the same, why did I spend so much when I didn't have to, but the I checked my offer and it is different. Maybe you didn't see it because your Terms are not the same either.

I'm throwing this out there as a plea for anyone & everyone who is willing to send out positive thoughts to whatever your higher power might be, in whatever form that might take - our trip is coming fast and furious and the possibility of needing to postpone due to my mom's health is crashing down around my ears. So much uncertainty surrounding the entire issue that I'm almost immobilized by the weight of the situation. I'm forcing myself to make parks reservations and ADRs so we don't get stuck, everything other than the flights can be pushed forward if need be. I know that Disney has a great track record for non-refundable things like the After Hours events we've booked on compassionate basis, we have a room only reservation that I can easily or move, hotel at YYZ is refundable until 5 days before check-in and I didn't book transportation between either airport yet. Flights we got with miles and if those are lost, so be it.

Just hate not knowing what the next day will bring - no plans yet as to where we're headed. Mom's listed as Palliative Long Term care, needs 24/7 supervision, unable to care for herself if she's not prompted, has a bizarre grasp on time and space but is ODDLY CHEERFUL! She has a brain tumor that is growing at an unknown rate so there's really no timeline available.
My mom’s delirium is already a challenge to me. I can’t imagine how hard your mom’s illness is to you. Sending you my prayers and some positive vibes!
1674615920920.jpeg

Did your offer have that in the Terms because, as you can see above, mine didn't. I thought the same, why did I spend so much when I didn't have to, but the I checked my offer and it is different. Maybe you didn't see it because your Terms are not the same either.
:headache: Yep...read it with a piece of paper this time to go line by line. It does have the part about week one/week two.

So, someone stop me before I mess up again.....if I go and buy another $500 card tomorrow I'm getting 500 AM right???

Even though I messed up the first card, I realized that it's money I will be spending anyway and at least I got more AM through Amex for buying the card at Metro than I would have if I just charged that amount while away.

Well gang…we are sitting at the gate at YYZ. Flight is showing as on time however the incoming flight is delayed. It’s been a day today. I have no idea how I got all done but I did. Our limo came 20 minutes early as it turned out the driver lives right around the corner from us. That’s and there was zero traffic so we ended up at the airport 4 hours ahead. We had dinner, grabbed some tea and have been hanging at the gate for a long time now.

Let the adventure begin!!!

Sweet! I just went to Metro and redeemed $150 in AMs for a Disney GC. I didn't have to purchase anything else, it was a straight trade. I like this Metro a bunch. And now, cherry on the top, I'll get 25 AMs back. Bonus bonus!
You’ve got my attention!
Please explain what I need to do to redeem air miles for Disney GC’s. Thank you!

You’ve got my attention!
Please explain what I need to do to redeem air miles for Disney GC’s. Thank you!
Most stores do not allow this. We have one Metro in the area that has never batted an eye, in fact the cashier asked me this morning if I wanted to redeem any AMs for them. Originally I said no because I wanted to do the spend $250 get 250 AM but I went back and picked up another card for $150 and did use AMs.
Our other Metro store will not allow this. They question every move with GCs.

Now, the other thing people do is buy their groceries and stack a GC on to that total and pay with AMs for the amount of the GC. Doing that though, you need to make sure your grocery total is at least the same amount as the GC. So if your grocery total is $50 and you add a $50 GC on to the purchase, you can use $50 worth of AMs and only pay $50 out of pocket for your $100 order. Hope that makes sense.

You can do that more than once in a day? Like if I redeem for $20 today, I can get back 50 AM?

I haven't used cash AM in years lol

Nope small print only once per day. I thought of that as well.
When they have this offer on I strategically break my grocrey list into $10-15 increments. Metro is just down the street so I pop in each day as redeeming 95 for the 25AM pnly counts once per day. Easiest 100AM I ever earn. Now if you happen to have two different cards with Cash miles available you can do each card on the same day and cut your trips.

Most stores do not allow this. We have one Metro in the area that has never batted an eye, in fact the cashier asked me this morning if I wanted to redeem any AMs for them. Originally I said no because I wanted to do the spend $250 get 250 AM but I went back and picked up another card for $150 and did use AMs.
Our other Metro store will not allow this. They question every move with GCs.

Now, the other thing people do is buy their groceries and stack a GC on to that total and pay with AMs for the amount of the GC. Doing that though, you need to make sure your grocery total is at least the same amount as the GC. So if your grocery total is $50 and you add a $50 GC on to the purchase, you can use $50 worth of AMs and only pay $50 out of pocket for your $100 order. Hope that makes sense.
Thanks for the detailed explanation. I’m not sure it would work at my local Metro, they seem to be quite on top of things there.

And I totally understand the stacking of the GC method - that’s what I do when I redeem my pc points for GCs. I don’t have cash miles currently but maybe I just might try to do this next time. Thanks again!

Hi all….
Well didn’t we have a ton of fun :rolleyes: when we arrived at MCO last night. Our flight ended up a full hour late. So ok, i pretty much expected that. As usual bag end up coming at a different carousel than they posted but they came fast. Great! Now to get to the garage to pick up the rental car. I booked Budget through Costco for a good rate. It actually made more sense for me to pay OOP then to redeem AM. I have Fastbreak so we walk past an enormous line and go to the garage. Get out there to find out there is no attendant and they have closed the counter. Back inside I go to line up. The line took over 2 HOURS!!! We landed at 12:40am and by the time we got to the hotel it was 4:45am. The hotel thought we were a no show but thankfully we still had a room.

I thought our MK day was ruined but it didn’t turn out too badly. We got to gate around 11am…I’m sure we have never been that late The park felt like it was absolutely packed. Wait times for the most part were 50+ minutes. We only did 5 rides which was disappointing but I think the lack of sleep made waiting in the lines difficult. We were both fine as long as we kept moving. We left around 6:45 …I always find it hard to leave and I kept lingering on MainSt.

Up early tomorrow to make a Walmart run and then heading to the port. Fingers crossed that dropping off the car goes better. I’ve allowed an hour for drop off and the shuttle.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter