Airmiles Armchair Chatter

No Airmiles for Foodland posted for me ,,actually nothing posted for me since Aug 27 so hopefully this weekend something will get posted.
Hugs Mel
My Foodland usually has a Saturday post date, but I don't usually 'see' them until Monday (maybe Tuesday this week?). I have a lot, too, so am watching patiently-or maybe not so patiently! lol

I went to Sobey's for soup and spaghetti sauce and one of the parmesean cheese. I will probably go back for more, and I'm sending dd back to her apartment for university with lots of the sauce and soup. I also picked up 2 of the $25 Google Play gift cards with bonus airmiles for dh and ds for Christmas.
219 airmiles today.

Did everyone get their airmiles from the Foodland gift cards? I didn't and I am a little worried.
No not yet, but not worried. The Sobeys one when this happened took about 4 weeks for mine to show up. I figure about the same.

Does anyone know if the AM holder has to be at the movies, would like to get for a friend as we wont be able to go. CLosest one is some distance away.

Has any one booked hotels through the Airmiles travel hub? I am looking at March Break for Miami and some of the hotels are offering 600-900 airmiles for a 1 night stay. In some cases the CAD rates are less than booking direct, plus 690 airmiles seems to good to be true.

Has any one booked hotels through the Airmiles travel hub? I am looking at March Break for Miami and some of the hotels are offering 600-900 airmiles for a 1 night stay. In some cases the CAD rates are less than booking direct, plus 690 airmiles seems to good to be true.
I haven't done this yet but have been looking very closely for a couple of nights in Jan/Feb to bookend our 2 weeks at OKW and pleasantly surprised at the rates myself. I completely trust the site and if i find the right combination of price & Miles along with ideal location I'll be jumping on it. The miles don't get posted for 2 - 4 weeks after your stay though so don't book thinking you'll see them soon!

Have not used for hotel stays, but if anything like flights. Make sure of the dates and all info. To change or cancel the cost are crazy expensive. Good luck

Does anyone know if the AM holder has to be at the movies, would like to get for a friend as we wont be able to go. CLosest one is some distance away.

I haven't seen them ask for an AM card or any form of ID the two times I've been. They just take the paper and hand you your tickets. There are usually lots of other people there who have received their tickets from radio stations etc. They just want to process you as quickly as possible. Tell your friend to just say he didn't bring it because they never asked for it before if he gets asked.

My in-laws are just about to undertake a trip to the States for a week all booked this way. They used AM twice in the spring for hotel stays and it worked out great so they are doing a longer trip this time to use up all their AM before they expire. They love traveling this way because they pay the taxes up front in Canadian dollars.

Picked up a few more jars of pasta sauce today but my store was out of them so I had to go to the back up Sobeys,,,cashier said they were very popular.
Hugs Mel

I went and got more sauce today and 3 more soup. 71 more miles. I have enough sauce until this time next year I think :thumbsup2.
So I am waiting on 825 miles between this weekends shopping and the gift cards. I am however out of gift cards. I only bought three and I spent one and a bit last weekend and then this weekend I spent one more and the rest on groceries for dd to go back up to her university apartment .
I should have bought all five and will next time for sure.

Just to clear this up, you're talking about booking a room thru the NEW system, paying for a hotel and EARNING miles, correct? If so, this is a brand new system that only went in to action early August so I'm not sure if anyone has used it yet. Sounds perfect -- like you, i think the prices are great and it lets me earn miles in a spot i don't normally get any -- bonus all around in my mind!

We have like others, used our miles to book hotels often and had no problems with either the process of booking or actually staying.

1. Surveys count in my totals. The only things I have noticed that aren't were the Megan Trainor contest and a bonus from AM for signing up for online notices.
2. They update the "ONYX/Gold" status Monday morning. If you look before then you will have timing differences with anything that has posted since last Monday.
If you had a good week a week and a half ago that could be your difference. I have my account status reconciled down to the Airmile.(it's just something I have to do:crazy2::crazy2::crazy2:)

Thank you! Yes, it was a good week and now has showed up, so as soon as the next week's update is done I will officially be Onyx, thanks to the soup and pasta sauce offers at Sobeys :) Now to decide how much of each we actually need... Another need is such a strong word.... :)

Just to clear this up, you're talking about booking a room thru the NEW system, paying for a hotel and EARNING miles, correct? If so, this is a brand new system that only went in to action early August so I'm not sure if anyone has used it yet. Sounds perfect -- like you, i think the prices are great and it lets me earn miles in a spot i don't normally get any -- bonus all around in my mind!

We have like others, used our miles to book hotels often and had no problems with either the process of booking or actually staying.
Yes, I was asking about booking hotels that you pay for and earn airmiles. Being new probably explains why the high airmiles you can earn.

We made Onyx with all of our air miles over the past couple of weeks.

A couple of weeks ago, we used up some 7,550 air miles to buy two admission tickets which we'll use to help pay for our annual pass renewals when we go for our trip later in the year. So we don't have that many air miles in the account.

Strangely enough, we checked the air miles needed to get the same admission tickets at the Onyx level. They're asking for 6,700 air miles for the same thing, a decrease of some 850 air miles over what was deducted from our account when we ordered them.

Guess we shouldn't have been in any great hurry.

Jim.

We made Onyx with all of our air miles over the past couple of weeks.

A couple of weeks ago, we used up some 7,550 air miles to buy two admission tickets which we'll use to help pay for our annual pass renewals when we go for our trip later in the year. So we don't have that many air miles in the account.

Strangely enough, we checked the air miles needed to get the same admission tickets at the Onyx level. They're asking for 6,700 air miles for the same thing, a decrease of some 850 air miles over what was deducted from our account when we ordered them.

Guess we shouldn't have been in any great hurry.

Jim.

1. Congratulations on making ONYX
2. Go back on the AM website and check your numbers again. 7550AM is the # of AM needed for 2 7day base tickets, 6700AM is the # of AM needed for 2 3day base tickets. There is no advantage to being ONYX when it comes to Disney park tickets.

You didn't miss out on any savings. Sorry:(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter