Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Thanks for the heads up on the Sobey's flyer. Soup and pasta sauce it is this week!

Yep
time to get ready for stocking those pantry shelves--oops mine are already pretty full. I might be able to squeeze a few for in.
Happy shopping!
Hugs Mel

Anyone else experiencing weird posting of AM from Foodland and Sobey''s. Foodland hasn't posted the gift card bonuses but they did post my shopping. Sobey's only posted part of one shopping trip. I know it's early and it may all be sorted out by tomorrow it's just a little odd usually things post correctly the first time.

How often does Foodland have the GC AM offer? I wonder whether I should get 5 GC now since Foodland, Sobey's and Price Choppers are far from where I live. It may take a while for me to use up $750.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
They've fixed the glitch in the system and it works now -- you just need to click on the watermelon slice and if you get the multiplier (i also got 3X this week) a skill testing question will pop up -- answer it correctly and POOF you'll get the bonus amount. One of the offers this week in the Prize Pool is 5X the airmiles at Foodland if you spend >$50.00 you need to print a coupon out.

I just earned 2x the miles for the week.

So for us, the 5x is for Sobeys. Let's say I spend $100 and earn 5 miles. That would be 5x5=25, and then 25 x 2 = 50 miles? I also have a Lawtons drugs offer spend $50 and get 50 miles. Would I then get 2x50 = 100 miles from lawtons?

Anyone else experiencing weird posting of AM from Foodland and Sobey''s. Foodland hasn't posted the gift card bonuses but they did post my shopping. Sobey's only posted part of one shopping trip. I know it's early and it may all be sorted out by tomorrow it's just a little odd usually things post correctly the first time.

Hi Hon
I got only one of my postings from Sobeys so far and they are posting in a weird way--I was even over 61 points but that is now showing where it came from _Metro.Hopefully overnight it straightens out.
I have been keeping as running total list.
Hugs Mel

I went back and checked my math and Airmiles is wrong on the skill testing question where they said I was wrong,,lost out on 3x multiplier. I still think there is a glitch in the system.
Hugs Mel

I went back and checked my math and Airmiles is wrong on the skill testing question where they said I was wrong,,lost out on 3x multiplier. I still think there is a glitch in the system.
Hugs Mel
Airmiles told me I got the skill testing question wrong too, and my answer wasn't wrong.:rolleyes:

Sobey's posted bonus miles for me this week on a Tuesday. Just 20 of them, but still.. really weird. They never do that.
Right now I have 200 bonus miles showing from Sobey's but none of my Foodland.

Airmiles told me I got the skill testing question wrong too, and my answer wasn't wrong.:rolleyes:

Sobey's posted bonus miles for me this week on a Tuesday. Just 20 of them, but still.. really weird. They never do that.
Right now I have 200 bonus miles showing from Sobey's but none of my Foodland.

I mean really who's better at math than an avid airmiles collector?
Lol
Hugs Mel

My Sobey's post was for 20 Bonus and 4 Regular. It should have been 82 Bonus and 2 Regular. Something is definitely going on. Hope they get it figured out before I decide to call on Friday.

Hugs Mel
I mean really who's better at math than an avid airmiles collector?
Lol
Hugs Mel
YES the first two weeks i was told "that's the pits" when i gave the CORRECT answer .. it was written like this (3 X 50) + 20 /5 = now i know from math class to follow BODMAS meaning the answer is 154 ... me thinks they wanted to see 34?? (i'm just guessing the numbers but i KNOW this was the equation)

This week's question was worded VERY clearly ---
Step 1 :3 times 50 equals
Step 2 : take the answer from step 1 and ..... blah blah blah,no room for error this time around! I have a feeling they caught alot of heck from some upset collectors over their math!!
The second week i had the same question i literally used 2 calculators and asked the hubby .... :P Hopefully they have it working for everyone before the contest ends!

Anyone else still playing the Prize Pool online contest? I got a 3X multiplier today so any offers I use this week will be worth 3 times more than the face value. I wish we had offers like Ontario does! Here in NS, there is no gift card offer at Sobeys right now, just 5X AM base offer. And one for 50AM if I spend $50 at Lawtons.

Happy to have the multiplier!
I've played twice on my iPad but lost out on the multiplier because of bad math. Not mine. 50x3
YES the first two weeks i was told "that's the pits" when i gave the CORRECT answer .. it was written like this (3 X 50) + 20 /5 = now i know from math class to follow BODMAS meaning the answer is 154 ... me thinks they wanted to see 34?? (i'm just guessing the numbers but i KNOW this was the equation)

This week's question was worded VERY clearly ---
Step 1 :3 times 50 equals
Step 2 : take the answer from step 1 and ..... blah blah blah,no room for error this time around! I have a feeling they caught alot of heck from some upset collectors over their math!!
The second week i had the same question i literally used 2 calculators and asked the hubby .... :P Hopefully they have it working for everyone before the contest ends!
Same with me. I thought it was because I did it on my tablet so was intending to use my Desktop next time.

I just earned 2x the miles for the week.

So for us, the 5x is for Sobeys. Let's say I spend $100 and earn 5 miles. That would be 5x5=25, and then 25 x 2 = 50 miles? I also have a Lawtons drugs offer spend $50 and get 50 miles. Would I then get 2x50 = 100 miles from lawtons?
I thought the T&C said that the multiplier is on base miles only. Super sweet if it's for the whole thing.

On the topic of churning cc..how long after you cancel can you reapply and get the bonus?

Generally six months between applications for the same card. Any earlier and the institution will likely just reactivate a previous card. There is some YMMV in there. That is, some people report success after just two to three months. Many have no luck when they try this. Best practice is to wait the six months between apps.

Though some cards have a new limitation of 'one bonus per lifetime'. Again it's YMMV for that as well. If the T&C stipulate one per lifetime I'd probably apply for my second Amex AirMiles Platinum without linking to any existing Amex products. For example, the application asks you to enter an existing cc from Amex. I'd leave it blank. I'd also activate the card in a new online account. Both of these things may keep the new application distinct from my existing Amex profile.

And can both dh and I apply for one and both get bonus to the same am account?

Yes. You can use the same AirMiles numbers for both cards. And don't forget the referral trick.

I went back to Sobeys for 2 of the 50 AM sausage deals and had to go to the counter for the second one, only one worked....
Same here. The first time I got multiples in one transaction no problem. Wednesday I got two sets and only one bonus posted. CSR had no problem adding the missing miles. Hopefully this isn't a new limitation.

Question for those who track gold and onyx status. I looked at where they said I was for the year (just over 4000 AM) but when I add up the totals from each month (January to August), I end up with 5899 AM. I know that is not yet at Onyx, but am wondering if others have seen this and if you have an explanation?

I understand if things like surveys don't count, but I am pretty sure I haven't earned 1800 AM in surveys! I am thinking about calling once I actually cross the 6000 mark (according to the monthly totals) and see if I can get an answer on this.

It's not looking like it's going to be a very good airmiles week for me. I might be able to sneak out 100 at Sobey's. I can't see the Kraft deal in the flyer well enough to read it online. Can anyone tell me how many items need to be purchased under the Kraft/Heinz easy meal solutions to get the 50 airmiles?

I still don't see the Foodland miles, but I assume they are on the way sometime today.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter