• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Airmiles Armchair Chatter

This is what the airmiles web site says
Once at Walt Disney World, collectors can add on the Park Hopper Option which allows you to go from one Theme Park to another on the same day, or the Water Park Fun & More Option which allows you admission to other attractions like Water Parks, Downtown Disney , Pleasure Island and more.
I was checking to add on a water park day.

I know in the past others have said you should enter into the Park and use one day before upgrading them for more days as it cost less but I do not know if that is still true today.
Hugs Mel

Last edited:
Just wondering if anyone has upgraded their "airmiles disney ticket" at WDW recently. It used to be you needed to enter the park using one day before you upgraded or the tickets would be considered discounted tickets and the upgrade would cost more. Anyone know if this still applies? I'm looking to change 5 day tickets to 7-10 days with hoppers in a couple of weeks.

We upgraded with no problem, but it was midweek when we decided we would do another day, so didn't have the issue of not having used a day yet. Is there a specific reason you would want to upgrade them before you enter for the first time? I think you would have to do it at WDW, so am not sure if a day early would make a difference in terms of FP, so is there another reason you would want to do it before using any days? FWIW, we did it a the gate to MK and there was no line and it was super quick and easy for us to add a day (to 6 from 5) for 2 adults and a child.

We upgraded with no problem, but it was midweek when we decided we would do another day, so didn't have the issue of not having used a day yet. Is there a specific reason you would want to upgrade them before you enter for the first time? I think you would have to do it at WDW, so am not sure if a day early would make a difference in terms of FP, so is there another reason you would want to do it before using any days? FWIW, we did it a the gate to MK and there was no line and it was super quick and easy for us to add a day (to 6 from 5) for 2 adults and a child.

I'm arriving earlier than the rest of my group and hoped I could get everyone's tickets upgraded and in the correct order before everyone arrives. We have non-expired tickets on our magic bands that I want to save and I understand they always use the oldest first unless you have them re-prioritized. I know I have to have the order straightened out on the magicbands before entering the park, I was just hoping I could upgrade the tickets at the same time but I'm not willing to pay extra. I'll rather stand in line twice lol.

Thank you everyone for responding.

Just wondering if anyone has upgraded their "airmiles disney ticket" at WDW recently. It used to be you needed to enter the park using one day before you upgraded or the tickets would be considered discounted tickets and the upgrade would cost more. Anyone know if this still applies? I'm looking to change 5 day tickets to 7-10 days with hoppers in a couple of weeks.

It has always been recommended that you go thru the gate first to "lock in" the price of the ticket. We always use the value of the ticket toward renewing our annual passes and depending on the person you get, they will try to quote you the discounted airmiles price if you don't go thru the gate first - which I usually don't. I make sure I know the "real" value of the ticket and let them know what it's actually worth. I've had some arguments, but if you're firm they'll give in. If they don't, either go thru the gate and then upgrade, or go to another CM, or ask for a supervisor. It can be a pain in the neck, but I've found if they end up keeping you too long, you'll score some fastpasses for your time.

It has always been recommended that you go thru the gate first to "lock in" the price of the ticket. We always use the value of the ticket toward renewing our annual passes and depending on the person you get, they will try to quote you the discounted airmiles price if you don't go thru the gate first - which I usually don't. I make sure I know the "real" value of the ticket and let them know what it's actually worth. I've had some arguments, but if you're firm they'll give in. If they don't, either go thru the gate and then upgrade, or go to another CM, or ask for a supervisor. It can be a pain in the neck, but I've found if they end up keeping you too long, you'll score some fastpasses for your time.

Thank you, I think I won't even try, I'll wait for all of us to enter the park and I'll make sure I know the costs. Thinking it through, this might be the smarter way to do it anyways. My bigger concern is the non-expire tickets, since you can't tell days left on tickets on MDE, if they prioritize them incorrectly, I'm only going to know if I go back to customer relations and have them recheck the tickets after everyone enters the park. So two trips anyway.

I really hope I don't need to take everyone's magic band too.

Thank you, I think I won't even try, I'll wait for all of us to enter the park and I'll make sure I know the costs. Thinking it through, this might be the smarter way to do it anyways. My bigger concern is the non-expire tickets, since you can't tell days left on tickets on MDE, if they prioritize them incorrectly, I'm only going to know if I go back to customer relations and have them recheck the tickets after everyone enters the park. So two trips anyway.

I really hope I don't need to take everyone's magic band too.
There's a recent thread in one of the forums about upgrading tickets like ones from am or undercover tourist etc. Apparently you don't have to enter a park first anymore. Just go to guest relations when you get there. Do a search for it. I'm on my phone ..if I find it will post a link

OK..I'm not very phone savy and currently camping..but I did a search and some came up. Any answers from those threads with robo are the correct answers. Robo says you can upgrade before without members present. Ask in one of those threads.

Last edited:

Also, Texture has an offer of 165 bonus AM when you sign up for their premium service $14.99/month. You sign up for their 30-day free trial, then after your first month of paid subscription, you get the 165 miles.

FINALLY Thrifty's has a decent AM offer this week! Spend $75 or more and get 75AM or spend $150 or more and get 200AM! Guess what I'm aiming for?! I did my shopping list and it looks like I'll make it easily with $160 plus the AM included in the flyer plus the 200, I'll end up with about 356AM this week just for spending $160! WooT! Now THAT'S what I'm talkinbout!

FINALLY Thrifty's has a decent AM offer this week! Spend $75 or more and get 75AM or spend $150 or more and get 200AM! Guess what I'm aiming for?! I did my shopping list and it looks like I'll make it easily with $160 plus the AM included in the flyer plus the 200, I'll end up with about 356AM this week just for spending $160! WooT! Now THAT'S what I'm talkinbout!

Finally! I have been waiting for this deal to come, he only thing better would be if they would have the bonus AM for buying Smile Cards!

Did my weekly run to Rexall to use my spend $40.00 get 60 Am and we actually walked out with 284 after spending only $140.00 (if hubby hadn't been with me i'm sure i could have found enough to actually bump it up to 4 sales but he lost patience after we'd been there for 30 minutes hee-hee) How did we get so many you ask??

Vitamins BOGO 50% off and spend $30.00 get 50 AM --we're OLD and both have dietary issues meaning we need supplements
Sunscreen
-- buy 2 get (i forget how many) -- hubby's a red-headed very fair skin guy who burns walking in front of a window :P
Hubby's deodorant --buy 2 get 22 AM and it costs 27.00 on it's own so it was a separate sale!
Gauze wrapping buy 2 get 10 AM -- I'm still needing to wrap my hand to protect it every night!

When we got in the car hubby was giggling "who knew that a drug store could be a GAME" With a twinkle in his eye he also said "i hope your fellow Airmile Warriors have good news about Sobey's this week i LOVE shopping there"

That is some pricey deodorant Donald, hope he smell real nice.
OOPS it's actually anti-perspirant and it is wicked $$ and super strong .. only uses it every-other night and has to be sure to wash it off good. We found it by fluke about 10 - 15 years ago and used to be behind the counter, without it his clothes would be drenched --poor guy would change his undershirt mid-day at work :O

OOPS it's actually anti-perspirant and it is wicked $$ and super strong .. only uses it every-other night and has to be sure to wash it off good. We found it by fluke about 10 - 15 years ago and used to be behind the counter, without it his clothes would be drenched --poor guy would change his undershirt mid-day at work :O

Is it called Drysol by chance? My son used to use it on his palms as they would be so sweaty all of the time.

What is this? My DH is always wet....doesn't smell, but soaked through.

I just opened my e-mail and found a coupon from Rexall --- spend $40.00 get 60 AM. anyone need the link? This isn't a targeted one with my # printed on it this time :D
Could I have the link for this, please? I don't usually do Rexall, but....

drysol-deodorant.jpeg
Is it called Drysol by chance? My son used to use it on his palms as they would be so sweaty all of the time.
Yup that's it! Uses the extra strength
What is this? My DH is always wet....doesn't smell, but soaked through.
It's called Drysol .. very small box blue. He uses the dab-on bottle and while it's uber expensive doesn't take much and like i said every other night. I can never figure out how to add pictures so ..the picture is somewhere within this response :P
Could I have the link for this, please? I don't usually do Rexall, but....
http://images.rexall.ca/newsletter/2016/Aug1/AUG1-COUPON-4060-ONMB.pdf
You can split your purchases up into multiple 40.00 transactions, just need a separate coupon for each one -- i love how my AM account looks the next day (cause YES i can already see my earning from last night at 7 pm!)

Did my weekly run to Rexall to use my spend $40.00 get 60 Am and we actually walked out with 284 after spending only $140.00 (if hubby hadn't been with me i'm sure i could have found enough to actually bump it up to 4 sales but he lost patience after we'd been there for 30 minutes hee-hee) How did we get so many you ask??

Vitamins BOGO 50% off and spend $30.00 get 50 AM --we're OLD and both have dietary issues meaning we need supplements
Sunscreen
-- buy 2 get (i forget how many) -- hubby's a red-headed very fair skin guy who burns walking in front of a window :P
Hubby's deodorant --buy 2 get 22 AM and it costs 27.00 on it's own so it was a separate sale!
Gauze wrapping buy 2 get 10 AM -- I'm still needing to wrap my hand to protect it every night!

When we got in the car hubby was giggling "who knew that a drug store could be a GAME" With a twinkle in his eye he also said "i hope your fellow Airmile Warriors have good news about Sobey's this week i LOVE shopping there"

You are "Rocking The Points" Hon!
Well Done!
Hugs Mel

View attachment 185854
Yup that's it! Uses the extra strength

It's called Drysol .. very small box blue. He uses the dab-on bottle and while it's uber expensive doesn't take much and like i said every other night. I can never figure out how to add pictures so ..the picture is somewhere within this response :P

http://images.rexall.ca/newsletter/2016/Aug1/AUG1-COUPON-4060-ONMB.pdf
You can split your purchases up into multiple 40.00 transactions, just need a separate coupon for each one -- i love how my AM account looks the next day (cause YES i can already see my earning from last night at 7 pm!)
Thank you! I guess I know what I'm doing after dinner with friends in the city tomorrow night!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter