Airmiles Armchair Chatter

OK
They finally realized that I have a small car and 2 fill ups is my max :car::car:
Gas_Icon_white.png
25 Bonus Miles
When you fill 2 times with 30L or more of any grade fuel.*
— PLUS —
Get 50 Bonus Miles

If you fill a 3rd time with 30L or more of any grade fuel.*​
Offer lasts until March 31, 2023​
Well it might have been the quick email I sent to them..........................:cutie:

OK
They finally realized that I have a small car and 2 fill ups is my max :car::car:
Gas_Icon_white.png
25 Bonus Miles
When you fill 2 times with 30L or more of any grade fuel.*
— PLUS —
Get 50 Bonus Miles

If you fill a 3rd time with 30L or more of any grade fuel.*​
Offer lasts until March 31, 2023​
Well it might have been the quick email I sent to them..........................:cutie:

Mine is still 3 & 4 fill ups, and I only fill up once a month so I don't know lol. Oh well.

Mine is still 3 & 4 fill ups, and I only fill up once a month so I don't know lol. Oh well.
Time to send a little email to customer service
Hello SHELL Customer Service,,,
As much as I have enjoyed collecting Airmiles over the years the qualifying 3-4 monthly Shell gas fill ups are just not
something I can do. I have a small car and currently work from home. Rather than switching my purchases to ESSO (PC Points) is there anyway you can offer me Airmiles on 1-2 monthly purchases.

Regards

Doesn't hurt to try

https://support.shell.ca/hc/en-ca/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360000075478

Hugs Mel

Not Airmiles - but I think you all understand collecting points :D

Oh em goodness! Eeeeeeeek! I made it!

12, 500 Disney Movie Reward points!

Walt Disney Studio Tour here I come!!

I'm simultaneously pleased and surprised that it took 6 years and 3 months to the day! lol I thought it might be quicker - but ya know, 2 years 8 months years is a long time to not go to or buy any movies to get rewards for a ...you know, movie program.

According to my account I had 5373 points when they switched to Disney Movie Insiders in September 2019. So basically.... I earned 7000 points during the last 3.5 years and about 6000K of those were from diligently collecting the free codes! I'll totally take it! I need to scavenge together all the movie stubs - I have the digital ones squirreled away on my computer hard drive and the paper ones in a folder. Apparently they ask you to mail all the proofs of purchases and movie stubs in to verify for large point redemptions.

We're planning another trip to Disneyland later this year and will add a couple of days in LA to enjoy a tour!

I love the free codes, but I trade mine in for giftcards, I'm not sure how many I have earned over the years but I have a grand total of $35 as of today :D most have been spent on prior trips, even if I don't have a trip booked I get the cards. It's USD and adds up to a few snacks.

That is a nice prize you are claiming though! So many points!!

I love the free codes, but I trade mine in for giftcards, I'm not sure how many I have earned over the years but I have a grand total of $35 as of today :D most have been spent on prior trips, even if I don't have a trip booked I get the cards. It's USD and adds up to a few snacks.

That is a nice prize you are claiming though! So many points!!
oh those USD are so valuable! We took gift cards during our trip earlier this month - and it felt WAY better to not have all these micro-charges (micro - ha! but you know, lunch here, drink here, snack here, etc) on our credit card - we came home with almost no bills to pay! Such a great strategy to help with budgets :)

Scary that you need to come up with all the payment stubs. I'm not sure I could put my fingers on the originals at this point. I have copies of the scans on my computer but that's it. Fortunately I use mine for GC. Currently waiting for a free code for 10 pts so I can cash in for another GC.

Edit to add: put it out there nto the world and don't I get an email with a 25 pt code. Redeemed for another GC which I will add to one of the physical cards I have here.

Last edited:
Scary that you need to come up with all the payment stubs. I'm not sure I could put my fingers on the originals at this point. I have copies of the scans on my computer but that's it. Fortunately I use mine for GC. Currently waiting for a free code for 10 pts so I can cash in for another GC.

Edit to add: put it out there nto the world and don't I get an email with a 25 pt code. Redeemed for another GC which I will add to one of the physical cards I have here.
I knew going in or had heard on a podcast that they needed to send them all in. So from the jump set them aside in a dollar store pencil zip pouch ...I bet many have lost their printing (you know how thermal printing/receipts fade over time).

Anyhoo.... GC are also a good option!

My next savings goal is D23 gold membership :) maybe I can pay for one in a couple of years lol

Rexall Targeted offer ..check your account
Get 500 points for every $1 spent on M&M food market products.

Offer expires 3/9/2025 23:59 EST. Offer expires after a single use unless otherwise stated. Some exclusions may apply. Only accounts selected for this promotion are eligible. BE WELL™ bonus offer excludes prescriptions, products containing codeine, tobacco products, postal services and stamps, Gift Cards, Gift Card Express, Rexall Gift Cards, lottery, transit tickets and passes, phone cards, gifts with purchases, delivery charges, Home Health Care services/rentals, event tickets and taxes. BE WELL™ bonus offer is valid at Participating Rexall locations in the provinces of AB, BC, MB, ON and SKS, subject to certain exclusions. Rexall Pharmacy Group ULC. reserves the right at any time, in its sole discretion, to change or otherwise modify these terms and conditions without prior notice. BE WELL™ is a trademark of McKesson Canada Corporation and REXALL® is a trademark of Rexall Pharmacy Group ULC, which is a wholly owned subsidiary of McKesson Corporation.

Hugs Mel

Just did my 3rd week of $500 Metro GC. Groceries at Metro and Food Basics are covered for the next 6 weeks or so. Now do I do another bunch on Thursday next week to max the offer out? I could pick up a few Disney GC for the upcoming trip.
Yep a few Disney GC for yourself sounds perfect!:thumbsup2
A girl needs a few GC on her holiday..
minnie-mouse-daisy-duck2.png

Hugs Mel

Last edited:
Just did my 3rd week of $500 Metro GC. Groceries at Metro and Food Basics are covered for the next 6 weeks or so. Now do I do another bunch on Thursday next week to max the offer out? I could pick up a few Disney GC for the upcoming trip.
Yep a few Disney GC for yourself sounds perfect!:thumbsup2
A girl needs a few GC on her holiday..
I needed gas and thought why not....I'm getting $500 in gift cards.

Well, no Shell cards at Metro soooooo.........
$300 Disney for me.....DD is staying on with DCL so I will need to visit again
$100 Tim Hortons....also for me
$100 Metro card ....that's the responsible purchase

Anyone have experience with needing to return home from holidays earlier than expected? I got the dreaded text this morning and we're trying to figure out what to do next. Mom isn't in any pain but we're now looking at days and have shifted to bedside vigil mode. We were supposed to be at the after hours in MK right now got it refunded onto a gift card A sniffling 60 woman standing in the middle of mainstreet isn't a magical site! Looks like flying into Pearson won't be an option before Sunday at this point with the stupid blizzard blowing in but I'm not even sure how to go about this. Do we just book a new one and ignore the one we're supposed to be on? Spoke to the front desk manager and she said they'll put the remaining tickets onto our account and they'll be good, at face value for up to 5 years. We had 10 day hoppers but have only used 3 days. We'll get the value of the after hours at the studio added to a gift card as well. Disney has stepped up to the plate once again and is helping with a really crappy situation

I am so sorry Jacqueline. I don't have any experience - it was always our fear when we travelled when my mom was sick, but we didn't have to find out what to do. I'd suggest calling and seeing if you can rebook to a different flight. I'm not sure if you booked through AM or directly with AC.

Hopefully someone that's had to deal with this will chime in soon. Hugs to you and your family. I'm sorry about your mom.

So sorry to hear Jac. Reach out to AC and see about flights today before the storm, even out of Tampa and uber over there. Worse case would be to book with another airline,,yes pricy and might get nothing from AC.
Good luck,
Rain check on the drink,,,you have more important things to look after.

Anyone have experience with needing to return home from holidays earlier than expected? I got the dreaded text this morning and we're trying to figure out what to do next. Mom isn't in any pain but we're now looking at days and have shifted to bedside vigil mode. We were supposed to be at the after hours in MK right now got it refunded onto a gift card A sniffling 60 woman standing in the middle of mainstreet isn't a magical site! Looks like flying into Pearson won't be an option before Sunday at this point with the stupid blizzard blowing in but I'm not even sure how to go about this. Do we just book a new one and ignore the one we're supposed to be on? Spoke to the front desk manager and she said they'll put the remaining tickets onto our account and they'll be good, at face value for up to 5 years. We had 10 day hoppers but have only used 3 days. We'll get the value of the after hours at the studio added to a gift card as well. Disney has stepped up to the plate once again and is helping with a really crappy situation
So sorry that has happened. You are in a really bad spot with the airline right now due to the storm. First thing to do is call them and see if there is anything they can do. Based on what level of fare you bought you could potentially have no options unless the person you speak with has the power to help or knows who to pass you to.

The storm is supposed to be over by Saturday morning. So if you are inclined to just go ahead and book another flight home, which is going to be the easiest option, you should be fine with the later flight. There is usually one around 9:30-10pm with Air Canada. Be aware though that at this point cost wise you are probably looking at $2000-4000. Westjet also has an afternoon flight...typically 2:30pm.

In all honesty, I think you're better to plan to come back on Sunday at the earliest. Just due to the trickle down effect of flight cancellations.

Also, I hate to have to say it but brace yourself that you won't get home in time. Sorry.

Your flight options.....
Air Transat....Saturday at 21:35 or Sunday at 11:30
Westjet....Saturday no direct flights or Sunday at 07:15
Air Can....Saturday 11:00 or 21:25...Sunday 08:00 or 10:50 or 21:25 *note some of these are Rouge

I do not recommend you fly with any of the new low cost carriers...Swoop etc. They are not reliable at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter