• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Airmiles Armchair Chatter

Ugh! I just spent $40 at rexall yesterday, now they have the 100AM for $50 starting tomorrow....any ideas what to buy? We made a last minute decision to go back to WDW this year, I'm short one 5day pass!!

What do you all buy there...if only my kids were still in diapers, lol.
All of my sons allergy meds in the fall (with coupons), Ibuprofen, cold medicines, make up for dd, milk and eggs, coffee when on sale, band aids, hair dye, sunscreen, bug spray, shampoo, deoderant, body wash, toothbrushes , toilet paper, kleenex etc. I find Rexall really overpriced so I shop the sale items, try to use coupons and buy items with bonus miles if they are a good price.

Sooooooo green with envy...the nearest Rexall is 4.5 hours from me...and we usually only do one maybe 2 trips a year there. And getting to stop there is never an option as we have other things to pick up and shop for. It seems like the Am they reward are good :sad2:

So due to our ordeal the other day we've been given Jetblue credits. Between those and the points we have, we can fly to Orlando and back for free. I have Universal AP's that don't expire until October 30th 2017, and I have two of the four 5 day Disney tickets I need. I looked on Skyauction and could get a 2 bedroom at Sheraton Vistana for the week we are looking at for $500 USD. There is also Bonnet Creek for $1100. Both are very close, and we love the amenities and space. We just don't all fit well into a room onsite anymore, and love having a kitchen .We would stay onsite at Universal for 3 nights though. I will soon have enough credit card points for our car rental.
I plan to ask for a 5 day Disney pass for my birthday at the end of the month from my parents.
I could conceivably do this trip for 11 days for about $2800 USD ( 3 nights at Cabana Bay , Volcano Bay tickets (estimating $300) , Vistana and $1500 for food and spending money).
That's pretty amazing. I could probably even get it lower than that with AP hotel rates at Universal.
So I have six months to earn another 5 day Disney ticket. I will keep collecting beyond that to try and pay for an airport hotel as well, if we need one.

I'll make my Sobey's and Rexall lists this afternoon. Let the collecting begin.:sunny:

Welcome back!

Ugh! I just spent $40 at rexall yesterday, now they have the 100AM for $50 starting tomorrow....any ideas what to buy? We made a last minute decision to go back to WDW this year, I'm short one 5day pass!!

What do you all buy there...if only my kids were still in diapers, lol.

Ooh the Duck loves an Airmiles challenge :P
Pull up the Rexall flyer and filter it to highlight the Airmiles offers Click on the Promotions at the top and select Loyalty
THEN (and this is paramount) go to the store ALONE and prepared to spend some time wandering with your calculator clutched firmly in hand and a determined look that will strike fear in the other shoppers :P (seriously you don't want to feel rushed!)
Here's what i would buy:
Glide Dental floss & Scope -- 2.99 ea buy 2 get 6 AM
1 toothbrush for every person travelling -- swipe and save -- .99 each (assuming you have 2 kids)

Imodium
instant dissolve tabs (they really DO work) on *sale* 19.99 buy 1 get 5 AM
Disney Bandaids -- cute for those inevitable scrapes -- 3.99 buy 2 get 4 AM
Body scubby thingee -- .99 buy 3 get 3 AM (they always fall apart and i don't have a backup hiding)
(this is hard to assign a $ to due to the sale) Rexall sunscreen --25% off buy 2 get 10 AM
Rexall cough & cold products -- 25 % off spend $25.00 get 25 AM (if i didn't need the Imodium I'd buy these -- better return on AM anyway)
PLUS i'd spend some time in the snack aisle and get a bunch of their products that i've discovered are a little TOO yummy :P lots of extra AM on these (i always grab 2 of the cheapest i can use if my sale doesn't quite meet the mark -- if i need them add them to the order, if not, I "unshop" them)
Eggs --- only 1.99 no AM but cheaper than the grocery store!
Black Diamond cheese -- large block --4.99 that is less than our grocery store this week
SO a sale including the Imodium --$52.85 (i'd be getting 2 cheese and NO sunscreen) and earn 110 AM

A Sale including the cough and cold stuff --$ 50.89 (again no sunscreen) and earn 135 AM

I don't see a lot of stuff that's "on sale" enough for me to put together more than 1 sale but if i needed some of the Rexall products i *might* be able to squeeze out another 50.00

Just got an email from AM. Bonus offer of 75AM when I use $20 Cash Miles in a single transaction. Someone should have told them Metro has an flyer offer of get 50AM when you use $10 Cash AM(95AM) in a single transaction (one transaction per day).

I love it when the right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing.

Just a reminder to everyone that if a loaded offer at Sobey's doesn't work call them. There is a 1-800# on the website and they will make it right. I just had a loaded offer for 20% off a product. The product was part of another promotion so the saving of $ didn't post on my receipt. I was at home when I looked at the receipt re the $ savings. Called them up and they gave me AM for the savings I didn't get on my receipt. (I'm happier about that anyway)

Bottom line is I wasn't going back to the store for $2.25 but a quick phone call got me 25AM. (Win-win all around)

Yes, I do this a lot. Sometimes they won't post if I have multiple paper coupons from air miles or vice versa. I always check my receipt at the cash and if there is an issue, I just go to the customer service desk they override it and add them for me.

Can someone explain to me how rexall works with airmiles? I went yesterday to spend my $50 and I purchased items with air miles offers but only ended up with the 100 for the $50.

Can someone explain to me how rexall works with airmiles? I went yesterday to spend my $50 and I purchased items with air miles offers but only ended up with the 100 for the $50.

Usually Rexall is pretty good with awarding AM automatically. As a general rule the offers are buy 2 get "X" AM. Were you purchasing multiples of the required items? If so, I would go back to the store and have the store Manager "Make it right" for you. They should be willing to do this. Don't bother calling their Customer Service department, it's useless.

Usually Rexall is pretty good with awarding AM automatically. As a general rule the offers are buy 2 get "X" AM. Were you purchasing multiples of the required items? If so, I would go back to the store and have the store Manager "Make it right" for you. They should be willing to do this. Don't bother calling their Customer Service department, it's useless.

Yes! Almost everything I bought was buy 2 get X airmiles and I didn't get any of them. I figured that they were just not "stackable". I'll have to go back now...

Ok I don't often take advantage of these bonus air miles offers, so I couldn't believe how easily I racked up those miles at Sobeys and Rexall today! Even my DH was impressed when I showed him the receipts, lol. I spent $116.40 and got 294 AM!!

Thanks to both pigletto and Donald - my hero for your tips!!!

Ok I don't often take advantage of these bonus air miles offers, so I couldn't believe how easily I racked up those miles at Sobeys and Rexall today! Even my DH was impressed when I showed him the receipts, lol. I spent $116.40 and got 294 AM!!

Thanks to both pigletto and Donald - my hero for your tips!!!
That's great!!! You will find the best deals in this thread. Everyone is so great about sharing their ideas. If something doesn't seem like a good deal to you, there's always a new one the next week :).

I had to pass on airmiles this weekend because FedEx was supposed to deliver the personal effects we left behind when we fled the Fort Lauderdale airport (keys, wallets, carry ons, identification etc) but didn't show up yesterday. I imagine it's coming Monday. I'm not too worried. I was afraid I would never see any of it again, so waiting one more day won't hurt.
Actually.. as I was typing this I realized I have the app on my phone... can I just show the card on my app to the Rexall cashier? I've never done that before but it says I can scan it.
Look at me.. I'm missing everything in my wallet and I'm worried about the airmiles card.:rolleyes:

I can't believe that our trip is almost here (pay no attention to my stupid ticker ..it's wrong!)We actually head to Toronto tomorrow late afternoon, staying in the Sheraton Gateway overnight (Thanks Airmiles :P )
I've been trying to keep on top of the new deals/flyer dates in the thread title and 1st post but AKK my last minute plans have gotten the best of me. We need to make one of our first stops after we get the rental car (thanks Airmiles) somewhere to get a phone for me. I added time to my ROAM Sim card before i *tried* to charge the phone i use in the States, yeah DEAD. The phone I use here is NOT un-lockable and after far too much running around the city yesterday to find an unlocked phone, decided to pick up one somewhere in Lake Buena Vista, wish me luck on THAT one.

Once we've checked in on Tuesday we'll be heading to Disney Springs to upgrade our tickets (Thanks Airmiles!), hubby to, we think, a 6 or 7 day Hopper and mine to an AP. Crunched the numbers and since we decided we will be getting Memory Maker anyway because our kids and their wives are joining us for a week (thanks mom for my birthday/christmas present of US cash) the extra $25.00 between the hopper and AP is a no-brainer. We'll make good use of the discounts on food and merchandise.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions that allowed us to not only get the airport hotel, 2 5 day passes (thought that would be enough ..WRONG), 2 separate car rentals (worked out cheaper that way as well as allowing us to get a larger car for when the kids descend on us) passes to Universal BUT almost an extra 3800 AM in our account. I'll do my best to keep my eye on the thread to provide whatever help i can, see you in February my fellow hunters! party:

I can't believe that our trip is almost here (pay no attention to my stupid ticker ..it's wrong!)We actually head to Toronto tomorrow late afternoon, staying in the Sheraton Gateway overnight (Thanks Airmiles :P )
I've been trying to keep on top of the new deals/flyer dates in the thread title and 1st post but AKK my last minute plans have gotten the best of me. We need to make one of our first stops after we get the rental car (thanks Airmiles) somewhere to get a phone for me. I added time to my ROAM Sim card before i *tried* to charge the phone i use in the States, yeah DEAD. The phone I use here is NOT un-lockable and after far too much running around the city yesterday to find an unlocked phone, decided to pick up one somewhere in Lake Buena Vista, wish me luck on THAT one.

Once we've checked in on Tuesday we'll be heading to Disney Springs to upgrade our tickets (Thanks Airmiles!), hubby to, we think, a 6 or 7 day Hopper and mine to an AP. Crunched the numbers and since we decided we will be getting Memory Maker anyway because our kids and their wives are joining us for a week (thanks mom for my birthday/christmas present of US cash) the extra $25.00 between the hopper and AP is a no-brainer. We'll make good use of the discounts on food and merchandise.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions that allowed us to not only get the airport hotel, 2 5 day passes (thought that would be enough ..WRONG), 2 separate car rentals (worked out cheaper that way as well as allowing us to get a larger car for when the kids descend on us) passes to Universal BUT almost an extra 3800 AM in our account. I'll do my best to keep my eye on the thread to provide whatever help i can, see you in February my fellow hunters! party:

Have a magical trip! pixiedust:

I am so excited for you!!!! I hope you all have a fantastic time and I wish you safe travels and sunshine. We will hold down the fort and keep up the chatter until you get back. Bon Voyage!:sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter