Airmiles Armchair Chatter

i should have 5 done through airmilesshops. still waiting for carter’s to post, but i’m also still waiting for the package to arrive, so that’s okay.

i also could very easily do a 6th. i’m kind of kicking myself for not trying to spread my shops over 2 cards.

I made 5 purchases with airmiles shops. They have all posted except Amazon. Has anyone had issues with Amazon posting them later? I'm getting nervous as that was a BIG purchase!
Aw yes, Amazon, the stress-inducing store!
Let's see if i can help you out with this. You need to follow the rules EXACTLY to get miles - that means an empty cart before you start shopping. i will fill up my cart to see how much I'm going to be spending and then remove them to my "save for later list", sign out of my account, sign out of my Airmiles account, sign back into to the AMS account and click thru to Amazon, sign into that account and then move the items into my cart and check out. Caveat, they changed all the stupid categories first back in August and it is even more confusing than ever! The list used to be only the exclusions and now it's only items that are INCLUDED. Worse than that, it seems they change regularly
Catergories now (black list) and in August (red list)

Before this change happened I was able to earn miles by topping up my gift card balance but I haven't tried that trick since mid 2020 so no idea if that still works of not, instead I buy a gift card when it has miles at either Shell or Metro.

Here's how I handle making sure i get at least some miles because it seems to me that if i trigger at least one of the categories then the entire order counts but i can't be sure about this yet.

I will take an item from my wish list, put the item into the search bar using All departments and see what it pops up as, example, hubby needs a new wrist brace
and it pops up under "health care" which isn't included

BUT if i force it to search within an included category while still using all departments on the left hand side like this:
It will now appear like THIS within an included category

I then take a screenshot SHOWING that it is within an included category (the one just above, but no editing like i've done here :P ) so that if they ask for proof, I can show them that YUP, it is within an included category.

Does this take extra time? DUH, yes it does! And be super super SUPER careful because if jumping thru all these hoops takes too long you will end up being signed out of your AMS account .. if you use the Chrome extension you'll see this quickly since it will turn grey, like this:
Simply click on that symbol and it will prompt you to sign back in
and it will now be blue, plunk your stuff in your cart now and check out!

There's ZERO need to do this for every single item, just do it for one until you find something that fits one of the stated categories. If it ever comes time to fight, most AM agents will take proof of the one item and apply the miles to the entire order. YUP, I did this over the Shop The Block promo. Didn't need to prove anything just said i was missing all my miles and they didn't seem to care but i was fully prepared!

Let's see if i can help you out with this. You need to follow the rules EXACTLY to get miles - that means an empty cart before you start shopping. i will fill up my cart to see how much I'm going to be spending and then remove them to my "save for later list", sign out of my account, sign out of my Airmiles account, sign back into to the AMS account and click thru to Amazon, sign into that account and then move the items into my cart and check out. Caveat, they changed all the stupid categories first back in August and it is even more confusing than ever! The list used to be only the exclusions and now it's only items that are INCLUDED. Worse than that, it seems they change regularly
View attachment 563357View attachment 563358

Before this change happened I was able to earn miles by topping up my gift card balance but I haven't tried that trick since mid 2020 so no idea if that still works of not, instead I buy a gift card when it has miles at either Shell or Metro.

Here's how I handle making sure i get at least some miles because it seems to me that if i trigger at least one of the categories then the entire order counts but i can't be sure about this yet.

I will take an item from my wish list, put the item into the search bar using All departments and see what it pops up as, example, hubby needs a new wrist brace

View attachment 563362

BUT if i force it to search within an included category while still using all departments on the left hand side like this:
View attachment 563364

View attachment 563371

I then take a screenshot SHOWING that it is within an included category (the one just above, but no editing like i've done here :P ) so that if they ask for proof, I can show them that YUP, it is within an included category.

Does this take extra time? DUH, yes it does! And be super super SUPER careful because if jumping thru all these hoops takes too long you will end up being signed out of your AMS account .. if you use the Chrome extension you'll see this quickly since it will turn grey, like this:
View attachment 563365
View attachment 563368

There's ZERO need to do this for every single item, just do it for one until you find something that fits one of the stated categories. If it ever comes time to fight, most AM agents will take proof of the one item and apply the miles to the entire order. YUP, I did this over the Shop The Block promo. Didn't need to prove anything just said i was missing all my miles and they didn't seem to care but i was fully prepared!
I just learned lots, thanks for the post. Wish there was a way to save posts because I KNOW I'll be hunting this one down in the future.
Again, thanks!

I just learned lots, thanks for the post. Wish there was a way to save posts because I KNOW I'll be hunting this one down in the future.
Again, thanks!
You can bookmark it. Then go to your account later and look for it in your “Bookmarks”. Click that flag on the top right corner (circled in red below).

D67C39F4-D71C-4A34-BE18-AF0557C131C7.jpeg

View attachment 563362

View attachment 563364

View attachment 563371

View attachment 563365
View attachment 563368

Wow, thank you. I guess my $1400 purchase isn't going to count then. Sigh....

So I really think Sobeys is trying to punish me for doing my weekly shopping there. This week my spend offer is spend $175 get 35 miles. Really can't they lower it so that I can actually meet that number. I may be using my Mom's card again as hers is spend $125 get 35. It doesn't matter to me whose card gets the points as I have cashed in her cash miles as well for items.

So I really think Sobeys is trying to punish me for doing my weekly shopping there. This week my spend offer is spend $175 get 35 miles. Really can't they lower it so that I can actually meet that number. I may be using my Mom's card again as hers is spend $125 get 35. It doesn't matter to me whose card gets the points as I have cashed in her cash miles as well for items.
It's not just you Judy, same with me.
I switched over to my DH's card a few weeks ago to see if maybe the offer would be better on mine but nope! It's worse!

No good My Offers for me this week and only 5 of them ,,,I used to get min 12 offers.
Oh well looks like a Rexall week for me.

Hugs
Mel

Oh good! I came to ask about “My offers” and that seems to be the topic!
So, I’m going to Safeway today for the first time in forever. And so I logged into getmyoffers.ca and I have none. Zero. Expired ones all ended feb 28.

however, it seems like for March I’m getting Thrifty’s ones. Which i know is a new thing in general (smileoffers). And probably better because I order TF delivery every 10 days for my parents, my house and my sister.

but now I’m wondering, because TF has taken over as my most frequent store, am I only going to to get TF offers now?

View attachment 563362

View attachment 563364

View attachment 563371

View attachment 563365
View attachment 563368

Thank you for this! I always look at the category for the listing. Do you know if that’s reliable?

Attachments

• 97760EA1-8409-48AE-94D6-CC28C5460055.jpeg
    97760EA1-8409-48AE-94D6-CC28C5460055.jpeg
    29.8 KB · Views: 10
My threshold spend with Sobeys is higher than I have every spent in the store (except for GC purchases). Cyclically it will drop soon but not by much (down to $125).

It's going to be a good week for me AM wise (Metro 3 cards) Sobeys GC and shop. I'm hoping to collect 815AM (on the 3 cards). I haven't had a total like that all year.

Last edited:
Just a vent and buyer beware for Walmart. I went online last night and ordered 2 items for in-store pick up today. Both items said available for pick up March 19 when I placed the order. I get my confirmation email and it says Estimated delivery date of April 15! The items are for my sons birthday this weekend so I’ll have to go get them somewhere else now. I called Walmart to see if I could cancel the order since they are of no use to me April 15 and they said I just have to wait until then and do a return! They said “the vendor” had confirmed the order so it can’t be cancelled now. They are sold and shipped by Walmart so “the vendor” is Walmart. Not impressed at all. 🙁

I went to Sobeys this morning to get the GC. Cashier ran them through and no AM on receipt. Instead of just doing a "Make it Right" adjustment and post the AM she got different GC and ran them through using my original GC to pay for them. Bizzare way to do it but the AM showed up on the second receipt.

There was a man in line ahead of me who purchased 3 GC and left without looking at his receipt. He walked away without any AM. ALLWAYS CHECK YOUR RECEIPTS! before leaving the store.

Just a heads up for those heading out to get GC this week.

I went to Sobeys this morning to get the GC. Cashier ran them through and no AM on receipt. Instead of just doing a "Make it Right" adjustment and post the AM she got different GC and ran them through using my original GC to pay for them. Bizzare way to do it but the AM showed up on the second receipt.

There was a man in line ahead of me who purchased 3 GC and left without looking at his receipt. He walked away without any AM. ALLWAYS CHECK YOUR RECEIPTS! before leaving the store.

Just a heads up for those heading out to get GC this week.

Strange. Was it a different type of GC that she used the second time that worked? Or the same type you had picked up?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter