Airfare...what is good from PHL?

PiazzaM

Earning My Ears
:jester: I am getting around $353.00 for 2 pp, roundtrip from Philadelphia, PA to Orlando for end of November....any suggestions on less expensive airfare and how to get it? Thanks! This is my 1st time to Disney.

If that's the total for 2 people, that's a great fare!!

I typically see around $200 pp from phl to mco

for next february it's been at $409 forever!

Last Oct. we paid $135 pp. round trip. We found the best deals on airfare for Oct. in June/July, with a sharp increase in Aug. If you don't mind driving to Allentown airport (ABE - it's up route 309), it is close to most of the northeastern suburbs and sometimes has better airfare. We also watched the NYC markets, but found that the slightly less prices were not worth the hassle of driving there.

Have you tried USAirways? From Philly, I always find they are the cheapest and they have direct service to Orlando. I booked in May and got fares of $158.00 per person and that includes all taxes and fees. I think the actual fare was $132.00. And also make sure you do your reservations online. USAirways gives a cheaper rate rate for online bookings.

I'm glad to hear that rates s/b better in June/July. I've been checking PHL, BWI, ABE, and AVP every day. So far, they've just kept ticking up. I hope that I can get something reasonable out of AVP since it's only 10 minutes from my house, but I'm certainly willing to drive to Philly, stay overnight and park my car at the hotel for a week for $135 pp. So far, AVP has had rates between $234 nd 252 for late afternoon flights. ABE has cheaper fares now that connect in EWR for less than a direct from there.

Originally posted by PiazzaM
:jester: I am getting around $353.00 for 2 pp, roundtrip from Philadelphia, PA to Orlando for end of November....any suggestions on less expensive airfare and how to get it? Thanks! This is my 1st time to Disney.

$353/pp round trip may be a very good price considering Thanksgiving is the heaviest travel time of the year.

Other than Allentown, Atlantic City also has an Airport, and if it weren't Thanksgiving time, BWI in Maryland also tends to have cheaper airfares thanks mainly to SouthWest airlines.

I hope this helps,
Joe

That sounds pretty good to me. I've see cheaper, but to save $25 per ticket vs the peace of mind of having reservations I'd say go for it :)

If you are using the US air website, you can find the cheapest fares by choosing Flexible for your dates.

I have flown out of Philly to Orlando Nonstop 5 times over the last year and usually pay about $150 pp on US Air. I have always found them to be the cheapest and have the best flight schedules. I am going again the end of June and am paying $158 pp which includes taxes and fees. If you check online at US Air.com for prices always check flexible dates and that gives you the lowest prices avail.

Kathy

I got $148 r/t on US last October for this coming August. Usually anything between $175-205 is about right US from PHL unless you want some squirrelly times or connections.

Anne

I got $164.50 pp rt on usair from phila for december 14th and return dec 19th. Our times are great, leave phl at 7:40 am and leave mco at 6 pm non stop both flights! I booked thru the usair website.

The Inquirer was showing in their travel section that the best price out of PHL to Orlando was $148 on Delta. Don't know about restrictions or anything, it was just on their chart.

You must have booked with AirTran...I just booked our trip, for November 4-11, and that's what I paid for two roundtrip tickets. I also checked USAirways and for, almost the same flight times, it would cost me $685!:eek: I would grab those tickets now. Good luck!:)

:bounce: I can't wait!!! I just booked last night online at AirTrans website, I got direct out of PHL to MCO and good times too, $353 roundtrip for 2 Adults. Thanks everyone! I feel that I got an okay deal, but I guess right now that is what the airfare is, but I don't like waiting to the last minute to book, then you end up not going on direct airlines and having to leave when you don't want to. Thanks again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter