• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Air travel policy updates

We't got friends who just brought Delta back from Florida. Their 72 hour test was negative but the wife's arrival test was positive. Husband's test was positive a couple of days later. Both were fully vaccinated.

They weren't vacationing at WDW but were at their vacation home and did lots of unmasked partying while they were there.
Well let that be a lesson for everyone here who thinks the testing is overkill or not useful .

* edited because why bother?

Last edited:
Hey all, checking in from Punta Cana! Just to give you a brief update. Flight on Friday night from Vancouver to Toronto (red eye) was uneventful. Flying with Air Canada, NO temperature checks. Pearson was a disaster. Going from domestic to international we were stopped at one point for a Q14?? No we did not have this, staff would NOT tell us what this was, just directed us to a long line that never moved. It was 6:30am (3:30 our time) and we were tired and annoyed. Finally they told everyone in line just go to your gate, they will tell you what to do. No one at our gate. No food open but Starbucks so waited in another long line. When gate opened we got in line only to be told yeah, you're fine. Then told to line up AGAIN if you didn't have a Q14. What in the world? Turns out it was the QR code you need (health form) to enter the DR. We had it already but many did not so over 100 people had to download the app. Boarding the plane was chaos. I'm sorry but YVR is a well oiled machine compared to the cluster that was YYZ. Our flight took off two hours late. Customs in DR was over an hour, it was HOT and NO social distancing :( A lovely porter helped us with our luggage, got us through the airport and to our transfer. Sigh. Finally we arrived at the hotel about 3 hours later than we thought we would. Room was ready and we hit the pool!! Anyway, that's travel during a pandemic 😬. A doctor is coming to our room Thursday morning to administer our PCR tests. We have an all day beach excursion booked for Wednesday and a monkey habitat for Thursday afternoon.
Please do tell us more about the Dominican. After never-saying-never to another AI vacation, it’s looking unlikely that we’ll be cruising anytime soon. I’ve been checking out options in the Caribbean and it seems like the DR offers the most choices given that both Mexico and Cuba are a hard NO. I’d love to hear how it goes. :wave2:

I thought the borders are still closed for Canadians entering the U.S. How are people flying to WDW? Am I missing something?

I definitely don't have very deep pockets at all but I'm going in 11 days. I'm not worried about testing positive here. I work from home. On the way back I'm flying from Orlando to Buffalo and testing that day. If I don't have my results when I landI'll rent a cheap room until I do and then I'm taking a car service across the border home. The only extra I may have to pay is a couple nights in a room to wait for results.

Where are you planning to do your test in Buffalo? I'm planning to do the same in October on my way back from Vegas. I'm torn between trying to get a free test at Walgreens or just paying to the money to do the PCR at the airport.

Where are you planning to do your test in Buffalo? I'm planning to do the same in October on my way back from Vegas. I'm torn between trying to get a free test at Walgreens or just paying to the money to do the PCR at the airport.
I'm not I'm doing my test in Orlando at Walgreens the day I fly back and then waiting in Buffalo for the results.

I will say that mask wearing here (Punta Cana) is not as prevalent as I was led to believe. I'm glad the resort is at low capacity. We are still wearing masks when we enter a restaurant until we sit down and wear it when we go up to the buffet (they serve you). Hoping our excursions are not too people and will wear masks if needed (they are mandatory on transportation). Sanitizer is mandatory before entering a restaurant as well

Hey all, checking in from Punta Cana! Just to give you a brief update. Flight on Friday night from Vancouver to Toronto (red eye) was uneventful. Flying with Air Canada, NO temperature checks. Pearson was a disaster. Going from domestic to international we were stopped at one point for a Q14?? No we did not have this, staff would NOT tell us what this was, just directed us to a long line that never moved. It was 6:30am (3:30 our time) and we were tired and annoyed. Finally they told everyone in line just go to your gate, they will tell you what to do. No one at our gate. No food open but Starbucks so waited in another long line. When gate opened we got in line only to be told yeah, you're fine. Then told to line up AGAIN if you didn't have a Q14. What in the world? Turns out it was the QR code you need (health form) to enter the DR. We had it already but many did not so over 100 people had to download the app. Boarding the plane was chaos. I'm sorry but YVR is a well oiled machine compared to the cluster that was YYZ. Our flight took off two hours late. Customs in DR was over an hour, it was HOT and NO social distancing :( A lovely porter helped us with our luggage, got us through the airport and to our transfer. Sigh. Finally we arrived at the hotel about 3 hours later than we thought we would. Room was ready and we hit the pool!! Anyway, that's travel during a pandemic 😬. A doctor is coming to our room Thursday morning to administer our PCR tests. We have an all day beach excursion booked for Wednesday and a monkey habitat for Thursday afternoon.
You made it!!! That is a crazy story, and I know I would have been frustrated by all of that. I hope you have a great remainder of your trip. Enjoy that glorious sunshine, sand and water!!!

I will say that mask wearing here (Punta Cana) is not as prevalent as I was led to believe. I'm glad the resort is at low capacity. We are still wearing masks when we enter a restaurant until we sit down and wear it when we go up to the buffet (they serve you). Hoping our excursions are not too people and will wear masks if needed (they are mandatory on transportation). Sanitizer is mandatory before entering a restaurant as well

Do you have to pay for the PCR test that you need to come back home and if so how much is it?

Funny, the quoting didn't actually get all your response to mine. Anyway, yes we are taking both our girls to Punta Cana, our oldest is now fully vaccinated and our youngest, gosh she is SO good about keeping her mask on. Covid cases are exploding in Cancun right now and the Dominican seems to be taking Covid so much more seriously than Mexico. They have a much lower daily case count and all their hotel workers are vaccinated. Up until a few weeks ago you needed a negative test to enter the Dominican, this is no longer the case. There is 'random' testing at the airport when you arrive but if you show proof of vaccination or a negative covid test you won't be pulled aside even for a random test. I figure since DD10 is the only one unvaxxed her chances of being pulled aside are very, very slim. At the hotel, they have their own medical center set up and offer both the antigen tests (for US guests returning home) and the PCR test ($90US/person) for those of us entering countries that require us.
In the unlikely *knockonwood* event that someone tests positive, the hotel puts us up for a 14 day quarantine at no extra cost, all the food and drinks (but no alcohol) will be included plus a daily visit from a doctor. We are really looking forward to this trip!! Will definitely report back upon our return. We leave August 13th.

Dreams Royal Beach!

Above is where she posted about the testing. I highlighted in red the part about the testing (saved because I am hoping to go on a trip and wanted to remember the prices, not stalking :))

Hi everyone - question please.

I just got my antigen test results from Shoppers --- all good on that front.
I also have my attestation / CDC form filled out.

We are flying Air Canada (not sure if that makes a difference). Direct flight: Toronto/YYZ to Orlando/MCO.

When we go to the airport, are we supposed to download the information to an app or website, or do we just present the forms at check in, and US immigration?

Thanks!

Hi everyone - question please.

I just got my antigen test results from Shoppers --- all good on that front.
I also have my attestation / CDC form filled out.

We are flying Air Canada (not sure if that makes a difference). Direct flight: Toronto/YYZ to Orlando/MCO.

When we go to the airport, are we supposed to download the information to an app or website, or do we just present the forms at check in, and US immigration?

Thanks!
I don’t know if it’s the case for your flight but we got an e-mail from Air Canada asking us to upload our test result after checking in online. We still had to show it (we printed them for easier access) as well as the attestation at the airport. There was nothing to upload on the US site. We are coming back home on Saturday and it doesn’t look like we’ll be able to upload our results as my husband and son went back last weekend and they had to show copies.

Anyone who has flow from YVR lately how has it been?
Like a ghost town. When we flew out there were maybe 5 people and us going through security and Customs was empty when we walked in! The officer was waving and calling out to us as I stood there looking for where to go.
No food places open. Only some Hudson News places. I’m glad I had my coffee at home!
I had my test done at the airport, very quick.

Like a ghost town. When we flew out there were maybe 5 people and us going through security and Customs was empty when we walked in! The officer was waving and calling out to us as I stood there looking for where to go.
No food places open. Only some Hudson News places. I’m glad I had my coffee at home!
I had my test done at the airport, very quick.
No food or coffee places at all? Guess I'd better pack us some snacks! We usually fly out of Prince George early and eat breakfast at YVR during our layover.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter