Air bed for toddlers?

4our4kids

Mouseketeer
Does anyone know of a small air bed, toddler size, that is sold in a store? I know there is one online, but we leave Sat. and I don't think there is enough time to order on line.

I would have to rent a cot ($50.00) if I don't bring something for my 3yr old to sleep on. I'd rather pay the $$ outright and have it for later use.

Any suggestions??

Well, you could pick up a twin air mattress any any discount or sporting goods store, probably around $20. I actually have something that might work for you, I bought them in Target. It's a sleeping bag, with an airmattress atached underneath. They come in different characters, and also come with a pump. They take about 5 minutes to inflate, and my kids LOVE THEM!! It is located back in the camping section, near the kid stuff. I also have a toddler air bed, and I found it to be a complete waste. I bought it from One Step Ahead, and it's is REALLY small, and neither of my kids liked it!!

it sounds like lori has the same airbed that we have, its got a fleecy cover and sleeping bag built in, and packs down into a very small bag, my 5 year old sleeps on hers quite often and it will last her quite a long while I think.
I;m in the uk, so I don't know who stocks them over there, but if you can find one, they will work really well

Bev

we got a twin sized one - ours didn't come with a pump so we purchased a seperate one - which is also great for blowing up inflatable kiddie pools!

DS has slept on the airmattress a bunch of times now - not just at Disney - I've even fallen asleep next to him - pretty comfy!

Thanks for the replies! I'm glad I didn't buy the toddler bed from one step ahead, sounds like my 3yr old would not get much use from it, but the sleeping bag sounds like a great idea! I'll check it out today!
Has anyone seen them anywhere besides Target?

I don't know if you have time for Amazon.com but here they are on there
Ready Bed

Actually, it looks like the Toys R Us bit of Amazon.com so maybe the Toys R Us store would have one?

bev

Bev reminded me the name of the beds, they actually have a website. www.readybed.com According to their website they also sell them at Bed Bath and Beyond, so also try there.

I bought a ready bed from target and it's adorable (hello Kitty). I think this will be perfect for our trip.

Thanks for the help!

it folds into its own duffle bag which is pretty small, it would fit in a suitcase, but we just carried it on when we flew with ours.

My dh says it's a cylinder about 6in diameter by 2 foot long.

Bev

We have the Sleep Away Bed by Aero for my daughter.

http://www.thinkaero.com/

It is the size of a twin size bed, but has raised edges so they won't roll out. She sleeps really snug inside of the "nest" and LOVES her "vacation bed". My daughter is a tall 2-year old (around 38 inches tall), so we wanted to get her a bed that she would be able to use for a long time. We are really happy with the Areobed!!

We got the "Quick 'n Easy Inflatable Travel Bed with Electric Pump" from www.onestepahead.com

We just got back from a 2 week vacation and our four year old loves it. Probably the best feature is a cordless electric pump which inflates the bed in no time at all. It's also good for blowing up beach balls and rafts, etc.

The cost is $59.95.

We're bringing it to the AKL in September.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter