After much aggravation, ADR success!

olive

DIS Veteran
I got up a little before 330 this morning - tried to get up at 230 but I just couldn't do it! - and tried for an hour to make any ADRs. I saw a variety of error messages - the EO2etc. one, the one about high volume/please try back and one suggesting that I was trying to book outside of my dates even though I was trying to book for the first day I will check in. My room reservation simply would not pull up. When I tried to put dates in for dining, the date would automatically shift back to January 1 no matter what date I wanted. I gave up and went to sleep with my alarm set for 655 so I could call and speak to a person instead.

What felt like 5 minutes later, my alarm went off and I got ready to call. I hit redial over and over starting at 659 until I didn't get the recording saying that the office was closed. I got someone right at 7 and was able to book all but one of my ADRs within 15 minutes of the times I wanted! Apparently there is a glitch in the system with Kouzzina where sometimes it does not show up, so I will have to call back on that one or try online later. Here's what I got:

1/1 - California Grill dinner
1/2 - Rose & Crown dinner
1/3 - Chef Mickey's breakfast, Ohana dinner
1/4 - Jiko dinner
1/5 - San Angel Inn dinner
1/6 - LeCellier lunch
1/7 - Brown Derby Fantasmic dinner package

I left the rest of the vacation wide open. Very excited about the outcome, but wow. What a system!

Note - I already called back once about Kouzzina, and the cm I spoke with this time said it looks like it is not yet loaded into the system.

I hope you can get some sleep now. I know my morning was a challenge and never went back to sleep.:surfweb:

Congratulations! I can't book until 10/27 and I'm not sure I'm going to be able to get anything with everyone trying to get on that same day! Three months of reservations all opening up on the same day is a bit scary to me.

Glad you got everything you wanted.

ugg - I am so not looking forward to trying to get online - knowing the glitches are rampant!

thanks for sharing your experiences!!

As a post script, I called back a few times to make little changes here and there. I was able to add four more adults to the Chef Mickey's ADR and only had to push the time up 5 minutes. I tried to make the Fantasmic dinner package at Brown Derby earlier but they are absolutely sold out. This is pretty impressive, since the first cm I spoke to thought the packages were just released this morning. Also, although I called back three times so far, Kouzzina is still not "loaded." Now I'm calling back to add Whispering Canyon. Although I am vegetarian, my family loves meat and especially ribs/BBQ. I think everyone but me and my son will have those crazy skillets. Oh - one more thing - when I called about Kouzzina the last time the cm said it wasn't loaded but if we were interested there was space at Le Cellier. We already had a reservation there for the next day, but I know some folks were having a hard time with that one. Maybe by later in the first week of January things are a little lighter?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter