• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

After Hours - Waiting for New Dates to be Announced

I’m pretty sure all after hours dates have been announced for 2023. Epcots end in August then they party nights begin.

Seems crazy to me that HS After Hours events are ending this month. They are selling out pretty consistently now. I know there are Epcot ones on the schedule, but that's of no interest to my kids (or me, TBH). We are in Orlando for another event in July and were hopeful we could hit HS, when the sun is down, at an AH event.

I am so bummed. We are going in August and I wanted to go at night just for the weather fact. We are doing Mnsshp 1 night and I have no interest in Epcot. I was really hoping to do HS

Perhaps it's just wishful thinking, but surely there is still a chance somehow, nothing has been said to say that there will be no more right?

Perhaps it's just wishful thinking, but surely there is still a chance somehow, nothing has been said to say that there will be no more right?
I think we'd have seen them by now, so people with upcoming trips could start sending their money to the mouse.

Looks like the Jollywood Nights announcement has killed any hope of this happening for sure now between June-Nov. Anyone else agree?

Just wish Disney would announce whether it is done for real.

Looks like the Jollywood Nights announcement has killed any hope of this happening for sure now between June-Nov. Anyone else agree?

Just wish Disney would announce whether it is done for real.
I think by not announcing anything, they are announcing it's done for 2023. Meanwhile the final HS dates are sold out and you can still buy a ticket for the EP one tonight....

I think we will start seeing the AH being seasonal January - July events now and parties being the other offering August - December

I’m waiting too. When I went pre-covid they had AH at MK and AK even though there were also Xmas parties at MK. So I’ve got my fingers and toes crossed.

I'm hoping for after hours events in December. Are these normally announced a specific time in advance of the events e.g 3 months before? I just wondered when we could be fairly certain it wont be happening as I may consider Jollywood NIghts or MVMCP instead to try and get a similar experience with lower wait times/quieter parks.

I'm hoping for after hours events in December. Are these normally announced a specific time in advance of the events e.g 3 months before? I just wondered when we could be fairly certain it wont be happening as I may consider Jollywood NIghts or MVMCP instead to try and get a similar experience with lower wait times/quieter parks.
I would not anticipate any AH events for MK or DHS being added for December. Between MVMCP and Jollywood Nights plus the weekly Extended Evening Hours for deluxe guests, it’s already a very full calendar. They need to leave some evenings available for guests not participating in these events.

Epcot may offer them but those dates have not been announced yet.

Last edited:
So, Disney is not offering extended hours for Magic Kingdom after Sept 20th. Why do they expect us to book Deluxe resorts?

So, Disney is not offering extended hours for Magic Kingdom after Sept 20th. Why do they expect us to book Deluxe resorts?
They’re offering them on some nights at HS instead. FWIW I’ve never found them truly helpful especially at Epcot where everything’s so spread out.

We (family of 5) stayed at the Poly (deluxe suite) last Dec to get the deluxe benefits (not much more than a suite at AOA which we usually book). Our experience was not that great. The younger kids were too tired so stayed back at the resort and would rather swim than ride more rides. With VQ at Epcot and Genie+ there is so much uncertainty and GOTG was down all morning so we didn’t ride it until after lunch. That meant nap time got pushed back to 4 pm. My teen and I did go back to Epcot around 9 pm and ride spaceship earth, test track and GOTG VQ (took 45 mins). We both agreed it wasn’t worth the extra upgrade to deluxe. I believe we had a MK extended evening as well but I can’t even recall what we did. The problem with MK is two weeks before Disney adds an hour or two to park hours so extended evenings gets pushed to 11pm-1 am which reduces the benefit for people with young kids.

We are staying at Art of Animation for our upcoming Oct trip and aren’t going to miss the extended evening hours one bit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter