• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

After Hours Events - Ask Questions and Share Experiences Here

Sorry to come late to this thread with a dumb question. Does WDW still do the late night Extra Magic Hours for resort guests or are they all these paid after hours parties now?

I remember loving the super late extra magic hours back when.

Sorry to come late to this thread with a dumb question. Does WDW still do the late night Extra Magic Hours for resort guests or are they all these paid after hours parties now?

I remember loving the super late extra magic hours back when.
The extended evening hours are for guests of the deluxe resorts and Swan/Dolphin - Epcot on Mondays and MK on Wednesdays.

Perfect! Thanks.
The extended evening hours are two hours after park closes, so those, obviously, vary with park hours. Epcot’s are usually 9pm-11pm, but MK’s can fluctuate with the seasons. The morning is only 30 minutes and it’s for all parks and all resort properties and possibly a few DS resorts (but I’m not 100% certain about that).

My family and I will be attending HS AH next week. For those of you who purchased Genie+ or LL before the event, would you say that it was worth it or can we easily ride several rides multiple times during the event?

My kids don’t really care for Fantasmic so I wanted to use that time to ride as much as possible with Star Wars and Toy Story while most people are on the other side of the park.

Would it be comparable to MNSSHP? We’ve never been to an AH event but we’ve gone to MNSSHP and we always use the parades and firework times to walk on as many rides as possible.
For us Genie + was worth it but there were only two of us, it was our only park time and it was at $18 that day. I think we could have gotten on a few rides between 7-10 without it but there were decent lines still. Also, I did spend a good about of time stacking and modifying during the day to get everything lined up how I wanted it. If I was with my kids I likely wouldn’t have wanted to be on my phone so much. We were just relaxing most of the day pre-park, so it worked for us.

Is it worth getting an ILL to rise before event starts when you have after hours ticket? Lol
We did only because it was a "must ride" for us and we also knew we'd like to ride it more than once. We did an ILL for 8-9pm, and then rode it twice still during AH. So we didn't really need it but knowing that it can go down, we wanted to up our odds of getting on.

Tonight's officially sold out. Happened sometime recently, as tickets were still available this morning when I checked.

Looking forward to hearing reports about how it goes!

Getting ready to head there in a couple hours. It's pretty stormy right now so I'm hoping for the best.;
Same here! We got a Guardians group in the second drop so waiting to get called for that and then heading to HS.

This weather needs to get better quickly!

Curious why people are allowed in lighting lanes during the after hours events, when they are ticketed after hours guests. Feel it slows down the regular line.

Curious why people are allowed in lighting lanes during the after hours events, when they are ticketed after hours guests. Feel it slows down the regular line.
Disney is happy to take more money from their guests and guests can purchase ll and genie+ for the day/event. One more reason why I think you get way more bang for your buck by just going to dhs on a regular day with genie+ and everything including shows being open and not trying to hussle around for 3 short hrs.

We had the absolute best time last night at the AH and feel it was an excellent value for what we wanted and what we got out of it.

Party of five, two adults, three kids (14, 12 and 8.) My girls are the teens and my son is the youngest.

We wanted to ride the rides with little waiting and wanted time to just hang out and enjoy Star Wars with low crowds and less busyness. We feel last night checked all of our boxes.

I think we had a successful night because it rained most of the day and by the time HS closed, waits were already pretty low it felt most of the daytime crowds were gone before it started.

Biggest praise - they were checking bands everywhere we went.

Biggest complaint - wish they held the snack carts open at least five minutes after the event closed.

Biggest surprise - no wait times on the app from 9:30-10:00 so it made it hard to get an idea of what was still happening.

Here’s how our evening went - grabbed an afternoon boarding group to Guardians. Got in the queue at 7:50 and the ride went down. They closed the ride for the night about 8:20 and gave us two free LL. We walked back to Remy and used it there then caught the skyliner to HS.

9:21 for our wristbands and tapped into the park.
Ate dinner at Woody’s - lots of wristband checks happening
10:05 MMRR (posted 15) (pre show)
off at 10:22
10:26 star tours 5 min (the 8 year old really wanted to do this)
Off at 10:38
Snacks. No line.
10:45 Rise (15)
Off at 11:15
11:26 Smugglers Run (posted 10)
Off at11:45

**we took a big break to get light saber pictures done. At this point, Chewy was out for pictures. He saw my middle daughter who was disneybounding as Darth Vader and had a five minute interaction with her. He got on to her, then had her stand still while he went and got Rey. Then the three of them had a big conversation about her poor life choices. It was absolutely amazing and worth every penny just for that!**

Grabbed more snacks, watched the Green Men drummers.

12:30 slinky (posted 20)
Off 12:47
Right back on at 12:47 (posted 15)
Off at 12:58

We could have ridden one more time but opted to grab waters instead and head on out.

We had done TT earlier in our vacation so we didn’t feel the need to ride again but saw it posted about 10-15 the whole night.

We did six rides, got three snack breaks, had a fabulous character interaction and really enjoyed the cooler weather.

All in all, we thought it was a great choice for our family and a great last day of our trip. I do see though how it can go less well for other people’s experiences though, so if you’re still considering it, just know things that make it a good night may be out of your control.

Attachments

• IMG_7121.jpeg
    IMG_7121.jpeg
    27.9 KB · Views: 16
We had the absolute best time last night at the AH and feel it was an excellent value for what we wanted and what we got out of it.

Party of five, two adults, three kids (14, 12 and 8.) My girls are the teens and my son is the youngest.

We wanted to ride the rides with little waiting and wanted time to just hang out and enjoy Star Wars with low crowds and less busyness. We feel last night checked all of our boxes.

I think we had a successful night because it rained most of the day and by the time HS closed, waits were already pretty low it felt most of the daytime crowds were gone before it started.

Biggest praise - they were checking bands everywhere we went.

Biggest complaint - wish they held the snack carts open at least five minutes after the event closed.

Biggest surprise - no wait times on the app from 9:30-10:00 so it made it hard to get an idea of what was still happening.

Here’s how our evening went - grabbed an afternoon boarding group to Guardians. Got in the queue at 7:50 and the ride went down. They closed the ride for the night about 8:20 and gave us two free LL. We walked back to Remy and used it there then caught the skyliner to HS.

9:21 for our wristbands and tapped into the park.
Ate dinner at Woody’s - lots of wristband checks happening
10:05 MMRR (posted 15) (pre show)
off at 10:22
10:26 star tours 5 min (the 8 year old really wanted to do this)
Off at 10:38
Snacks. No line.
10:45 Rise (15)
Off at 11:15
11:26 Smugglers Run (posted 10)
Off at11:45

**we took a big break to get light saber pictures done. At this point, Chewy was out for pictures. He saw my middle daughter who was disneybounding as Darth Vader and had a five minute interaction with her. He got on to her, then had her stand still while he went and got Rey. Then the three of them had a big conversation about her poor life choices. It was absolutely amazing and worth every penny just for that!**

Grabbed more snacks, watched the Green Men drummers.

12:30 slinky (posted 20)
Off 12:47
Right back on at 12:47 (posted 15)
Off at 12:58

We could have ridden one more time but opted to grab waters instead and head on out.

We had done TT earlier in our vacation so we didn’t feel the need to ride again but saw it posted about 10-15 the whole night.

We did six rides, got three snack breaks, had a fabulous character interaction and really enjoyed the cooler weather.

All in all, we thought it was a great choice for our family and a great last day of our trip. I do see though how it can go less well for other people’s experiences though, so if you’re still considering it, just know things that make it a good night may be out of your control.
Just to clarify, what were you able to do (if anything) between 930 and 10pm? Since most of the recent events the park closed at the same time as the event started, there was no open period.

Your review just solidifies my decision to get tickets for next week (unless there's a day of just rain scheduled).

Just to clarify, what were you able to do (if anything) between 930 and 10pm? Since most of the recent events the park closed at the same time as the event started, there was no open period.

Your review just solidifies my decision to get tickets for next week (unless there's a day of just rain scheduled).
The rides were still open. So you could have gotten in line with a band on. It’s just because the wait times weren’t posted on the app it was hard to know what to chose.

We opted to eat at Woody’s during that time period. Probably not a good choice but our dinner plans got side tracked because of Guardians being down when we were at Epcot.

Also if it’s raining (without lightning) I’d still buy the tickets!

Just getting clarification… the only AfterHours event in July is at Epcot, right?
Any idea historically how quickly they sell out?
Thanks
°o° °o° °o° °o° °o° °o°

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter