Affordable yet comfy sofa bed?

hoffman1

DIS Veteran
Does anyone have a recommendation for an affordable yet comfy sofa bed?
It could even be a chair that makes a twin bed.
We really like the sofa beds on the Disney Cruise Line that just flip down (rather than pull out) but I can't seem to find any made like that.

thanks!

I was in Costco this weekend and they had a brown leather (-like) ottoman that had a twin bed pull out in it. It was in the $200-250 range, I believe, and it seemed to be made well.

Last summer my son purchased the Friheten from Ikea (model without the chaise section) in dark grey. It also came in other colors and faux leather. I helped him put it together, which was fairly simple, as compared to some other Ikea items. You can view it and even the assembly instructions online. I then slept on it for two nights and was very comfortable, and I am over 6 feet tall and would never be confused for a lightweight! It also has some storage under it, where you can keep the bedding for it or whatever else you wish. And where the pillows can be stored while in use as a bed. It was $499. The sofa seat part springs up and out, revealing the storage area, then the sofa back folds down to cover that storage area, forming the full sleeping area.

Stay away from Ashley Furniture. We bought a sofa bed there years ago. Not only is the mattress horribly uncomfortable, the couch itself is terrible quality. An entire arm broke off inside of it after less than a year.

Another vote for the Frheten from Ikea, slept on one for a week at my dads in montreal, very comfy!

Check out lazyboy if you have a store nearby. We were in there looking around last weekend, and I noticed that their sofa beds looked like they had decent matresses...there were two types: a more traditional mattress style, and then one that was kind of an airbed combo thing. I didn't pay attention to the price because I wasn't looking at them specifically, they just sort of caught my eye because they were pulled open to show the mattress.

IKEA will likely have the closest thing to a cruise ship fold down sofa/bed.

Another vote for the Frheten from Ikea, slept on one for a week at my dads in montreal, very comfy!

I have the Himmene which is somewhat similar. Also quite comfortable (firm) with storage space.

I was in Costco this weekend and they had a brown leather (-like) ottoman that had a twin bed pull out in it. It was in the $200-250 range, I believe, and it seemed to be made well.

I saw this today. It was $250 at our Costco. I couldn't believe how comfortable the mattress was! They also had a fabric loveseat sofa bed but I'm not sure how much it cost.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter