Advice Welcomed! Upcoming AKL Trip! Visiting Old Places and Trying New Ones!

BlondeAppetit

DIS Veteran
We will be going to Disney again in Feb/March! We will be staying at AKL and I love to try and explore all a resort has to offer! We have a three day hopper bc my daughter really enjoyed AK this last trip and I figure we will be taking multiple trips there, as well as hopping to other parks! I have three daughters - almost 2, 4, 8. We are frequent Disney travelers. This time we are not using the dining plan.

This is my current agenda:

Travel Day

Jiko dinner

Day One

MK

Crystal Palace breakfast - prepark

AK

Yak and Yet early dinner -NEW!!!

7:15pm - Rivers of Light

Day Two

AK

Tusker House breakfast - brunch-y at 10:20am

EP

Teppan Edo dinner - NEW!!! - 6:15pm

Day Three

Resort Day

Boma breakfast - NEW!!!

California Grill - date night!!!

Day Four

Epcot

Akershus breakfast or lunch

Park of choice in the evening - most likely MK

Day Five

Sanaa lunch - NEW!!!

Travel home

Share with me your thoughts!

Great food choices. Just not sure about the park hopping. Unless you are driving, you could be spending a lot of time waiting/on a bus. We have really cut back on the park hopping as we found we wasted a lot of time waiting for transportation. If that possibility doesn't bother you, great plan!

We will be going to Disney again in Feb/March! We will be staying at AKL and I love to try and explore all a resort has to offer! We have a three day hopper bc my daughter really enjoyed AK this last trip and I figure we will be taking multiple trips there, as well as hopping to other parks! I have three daughters - almost 2, 4, 8. We are frequent Disney travelers. This time we are not using the dining plan.

This is my current agenda:

Travel Day

Jiko dinner

Day One

MK

Crystal Palace breakfast - prepark

AK

Yak and Yet early dinner -NEW!!!

7:15pm - Rivers of Light

Day Two

AK

Tusker House breakfast - brunch-y at 10:20am

EP

Teppan Edo dinner - NEW!!! - 6:15pm

Day Three

Resort Day

Boma breakfast - NEW!!!

California Grill - date night!!!

Day Four

Epcot

Akershus breakfast or lunch

Park of choice in the evening - most likely MK

Day Five

Sanaa lunch - NEW!!!

Travel home

Share with me your thoughts!
Your plans look great for a family staying at AKLodge!

But I'm not sure some of the park-hopping, which ALWAYS looks great on-paper, is going to work with your two youngest children.

Teppo Edo seems like a stretch (since you also have Epcot/Akershus scheduled); not sure why you'd Park hop to AK from MK on that first day - that's a long day of just traveling on buses, particularly for young children....and Teppan Edo is far from the front gate at Epcot (the direction of your arrival).

What we've done is keep all the dining reservations until you HAVE to decide to cancel, with the expectation of canceling some of those plans to meet the needs of your group as your vacation unfolds.

In other words, keep your plan (which looks great!), but be prepared to ad-lib as needed.

Man - Can I tag along?!? Sounds fantastic!

However - for day 1, go back to AKL for a break before you head out to AK again (that's like a 5 minute trip), and similarly, on day 2, stop back at AKL for a break before you head to EP. We are big park hoppers, but when the kids were little like your girls, we always bounced back to the resort to just get some AC and downtime before we headed out again.

Your plans sound good, I would choose Akershus for breakfast. You can try to get an 8 am ADR and then go straight to Frozen, if you are interested in this ride, so you won't need a fastpass. Have fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter