Advice for those of you with Nov/Dec trips booked

I'm going 11/12 - 11/19 and I think I'm most worried about the weather. I have had gorgeous, perfect weather for all of my October trips, and I have not been to WDW in November since the first time I went, and it was absolutely freezing that trip. Winter coat with the fur lined hood, freezing. It was a freaky super cold snap, I guess. I am holding off on fully packing this year until I can check the extended forecast. I know for sure that I'm definitely going to toss a pair of those thin knit gloves, I think I have a fingerless pair. My hands are always killing me, and I'm in constant pain because I have neuropathy, and it's even worse when my hands get cold. It's pretty unbearable and I will be miserable if my hands are cold. I'm in PA and fall is in full swing here, been about 50° - 55° during the day, and it's gotten down into the 20's at night. So, I'm really hoping for beautiful warm weather when I get down there, so I can go back to wearing my skirts and summer clothes. I always have a lightweight scarf with me when I travel and it's warm. I can tend to get chilly in AC, and I don't like breezes or AC blowing on my neck, and I can even wrap it around my shoulders if I need to. If it's too hot to have the scarf looped around my neck, I can tie it to my bag. I am also going to bring a couple of lightweight cardis and a fleece jacket. I'm just not sure about pants. If I should have two pairs or one, in addition to the ones I will wear on the plane. I usually only bring one. I try and be a light packer, since I don't check my luggage.

I have been there during December when it was warm enough to swim, and I have been there in December when I needed a winter coat. It is best to check the weather a few days before you go and plan for all contingencies.

We went January 2014. It was during the polar vortex so temps were chilly everywhere but man it was super chilly in Florida. It got down into the low 30s at night and we were camping, thank goodness for heaters. Of course being that we were in Florida we also have days with temps in the 70s and the kids spent those days at the pool.

Thank you for this thread and the replies. It has been really helpful for me. We are coming from Australia where Christmas time is hot and I was feeling a little stressed about packing for this time of year. It's fantastic the valuable information you can get.

I have been there during December when it was warm enough to swim, and I have been there in December when I needed a winter coat. It is best to check the weather a few days before you go and plan for all contingencies.

Three years ago we were there the last week in November thru the first week in December. We went from too cold to swim to okay to swim to FREEZING to nice swim day, all in the same trip.

We are from Northern CT and live up on the mountain, and still we were cold. It is pretty breezy in Epcot, so you need a hat and mittens, especially at night if the temps drop.

Layers for daytime, especially if you get an early start. Once the sun really rises you can ditch the hoodie, but boy come late afternoon when it starts to set....chilly again!

We leave this coming Saturday for a ten day visit. I have checked weather.com, and iright now it says lows in the 60s, highs in the 80s (even a high of 90 one day!). I was planning on bringing one pair of pants and a hoodie for each person. Should I really plan on packing more cold weather gear than that? We live in Ohio, so we have lots of different weight coats, hats, gloves, ect, but I wasn't planning on bringing any of that. Is it possible that the forecast could change that much?? I will plan on double checking on Friday night.

How cold does it get for the first week of November? We're there til the 9th, and my boyfriend can handle colder weather better than I can. Lows are listed around, say, 60 degrees? I mostly am wearing shorts and tights, so I feel like I can adjust to the weather...hopefully!

How cold does it get for the first week of November? We're there til the 9th, and my boyfriend can handle colder weather better than I can. Lows are listed around, say, 60 degrees? I mostly am wearing shorts and tights, so I feel like I can adjust to the weather...hopefully!

I'm also there til the 9th (8th is the last real Disney day) and hoping for the best. I guess I'll bring a windjacket along with a hoodie/fleece jacket. If only weather could be more predictable.

Going right after Thanksgiving through first week in December in 2016 and I will be prepared with layers. A nice toasty hooded sweatshirt to put over other shirts, a hat and gloves will top the list. Never took gloves in mid November trips but I could have used them a time or two!

In 2006 my sister and her family went Thanksgiving week and froze their butts off. I was on my solo trip the next week and the heat was unbelievable. That's Florida weather for you.

Sorry, but I have to laugh:) I have been living in Florida since 1984 and the first 18 years in O-town. I always laugh when folks come here and seem to expect Florida to be always in the 80's, even in December and January. 40's in central Florida feels much colder, because it is a moist cold, chills your bones. My sister learned that on her 1st visit from Michigan, we told her to bring a warm jacket and a sweatshirt because it may get down into the mid to high 40's and she said that a light jacket would be enough:worried: Well the night she and my DW were watching me play softball she was freezing, had to go to the car. The next day she bought a warmer jacket:laughing: She lives in northern Michigan where it gets like -30 below zero and still talks about that night:rotfl2:So definitely check the forecast before you leave and then once more the day of your departure.

We will be in WDW in 2 weeks! Considering renting a locker for our cold weather gear, but wondering how far away the lockers are? Would we be better off to use our rental car as our 'locker' and make a quick trip back to the car? I've heard conflicting info on how long it would take to make a run back to the car vs. renting a locker.

Magic Kingdom is well worth a locker rental, but we use our car for the other parks. But, we are typically rope drop people, but not commando people (anymore), so that car isn't parked "far" and walking to it isn't a big deal for us. But, yes, lockers are always closer.

We're also not huge shorts people, so I just wear jeans to the parks in December. I find that I'm rarely hot in jeans and a t-shirt. But, there have been many times that I've put a layer under the jeans! (and gloves, and hats, etc).

The wind can be the deciding factor between comfortable and cold!

I don't think I saw this tip, but... one year, we forgot our hats and gloves. We tried Walmart and such, but had ZERO luck in finding winter gloves and hats outside of the park. It was MUCH cheaper to have a family member pack up some items from home and mail them down to us (priority mail) than it was to purchase new for our party of 5 in the parks. We knew we weren't going to need them for a couple of days and it was a unique situation, but... mailing stuff from home can work in a pinch.

We go a lot in November/December. For all of us we have:

1. Sweater/sweatshirt
2. Hoodie - can be worn alone or over sweatshirt
3. Thermal undies
4. Long sleeve shirt
5. Tee shirts
6. Shorts/Capris
7. Jeans
8. Sweatpants (can be worn over jeans or thermals for really cold nights)
9. Stretchy ($1) gloves
10. Head bands/ear warmers

A little of all - last year Nov. 18-27 went from hot 80's, horrible storms and possible tornadoes, beautiful 70's, rain, and freezing cold 40 degrees at night.

We go every Thanksgiving and the weather changes from day to day and time of day. Layers are good and watching the forecast right before you leave. Last year was the coldest Thanksgiving I can remember. It was colder in WDW than back home in Delaware. Unfortunately packing for this time of year requires a lot more cloths because you have to be prepared for cooler mornings and evenings and warmer days.

How much do the lockers cost to rent? Do you need quarters etc? I've never used them, but going 12/15-12/22 and think we will use one so we aren't dragging things around.

I live in south Louisiana and the weather is so unpredictable. We are packing things that we would normally wear during February Mardi Gras. Thankfully we are flying Southwest, so one suitcase will hold all winter gear. Heck, when we went in April 6 years ago it was cold the first day and hotter than Hades the last day.

Thanks for the locker tip, Robo. We recently canceled our stroller rental and were trying to figure out where to stash everything :)

How much do the lockers cost to rent? Do you need quarters etc? I've never used them, but going 12/15-12/22 and think we will use one so we aren't dragging things around.
I replied to most of that question two posts above, but here it is again :)

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/guest-services/locker-rentals/
$8-10 per day depending on size plus a refundable $5 key deposit. All info in the link above :)

You don't need quarters. You rent at the kiosk the full price plus the key deposit. Once you're finished you return the key to them with your receipt and they will refund you the deposit. If you are hopping make sure you keep that receipt so that you can show it at the next park and only have to pay the key deposit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter