Adventure Insider Package

And I am wondering if there is a limit to the distance from home to airport. We usually drive 200+ miles away to fly international since the airfare is much better than flying from our local airport.
That is definitely one of the as-yet unanswered questions. My guess is there will be a limit, but what it will be is anyone's guess!

Sayhello

Hi Folks,

I have heard from ABD and they have asked me to share some information.

You must go to www.AdventureInsiders.com and register.

If you received something from ABD and did not register, maybe someone registered for you.

ABD suggests that they will ship during the coming weeks. If you do not hear from them by September 15th, you should contact them or your agent.

A while back, there was a discussion on this board about whether ABD wanted feedback or not. I suggested at that time that ABD wanted your feed back, but there may be legal reasons that they were not able to contact certain guests.

If you will notice, when you register, you are being asked to "opt in" to receive communication from ABD / Disney. This will cover those legal issues.

I have also voiced the annoyance of guests outside of the US and the fact that they can not register for this promotion. I am told that this is being addressed.

Dreams Unlimited Travel will be ready to book return guests on August 29th. We will be running some great promotions, including an early booking discount.

If you have questions or would like to take advantage of these promotions, just send me an email at Kevin@DreamsUnlimited Travel.com.

If you have to register to receive the package from ABD then why the heck didn't they send something to past guest telling them how to register? That is just plain stupid.

If you have to register to receive the package from ABD then why the heck didn't they send something to past guest telling them how to register? That is just plain stupid.

ABD doesnt necessarily have every guests information.

Many travel agents have a guest's information sent to their office and then provide the information and such directly to their clients.

There are also legalities involved and Disney legal might not allow this kind of direct mail.

ABD doesnt necessarily have every guests information.

Many travel agents have a guest's information sent to their office and then provide the information and such directly to their clients.

There are also legalities involved and Disney legal might not allow this kind of direct mail.

ABD has my email address and all sorts of other personal information about me from the 3 past trips I've taken with them. I opted in for communication from them. They send me surveys. They send me marketing materials. They couldn't send me an email telling me how to sign sign up for Adventure Insider? I'm not saying they should out of the blue have a package delivered to my house. I'm just saying that if they have a past guest program in place they should tell me how I can sign up for it.

Hi Folks,

Dreams Unlimited Travel will be ready to book return guests on August 29th. We will be running some great promotions, including an early booking discount.

If you have questions or would like to take advantage of these promotions, just send me an email at Kevin@DreamsUnlimited Travel.com.

Just a quick question......how many trips are needed to book a day early? Also, will they count the ABD cruise add-on? I hope so!

I don't understand the need to sign up either. I have been on 2 ABD's, and am considering a 3rd. So, I guess, I just assumed that I would qualify for whatever programs they where introducing. Disney always amazes me with their wonderful guides and tours, but then they have such a lack of customer service when it comes to customer loyalty programs, and EBD's. Just doesn't make sense to me.

Hi Folks,

I have heard from ABD and they have asked me to share some information.

You must go to www.AdventureInsiders.com and register.

If you received something from ABD and did not register, maybe someone registered for you.

ABD suggests that they will ship during the coming weeks. If you do not hear from them by September 15th, you should contact them or your agent.

A while back, there was a discussion on this board about whether ABD wanted feedback or not. I suggested at that time that ABD wanted your feed back, but there may be legal reasons that they were not able to contact certain guests.

If you will notice, when you register, you are being asked to "opt in" to receive communication from ABD / Disney. This will cover those legal issues.

I have also voiced the annoyance of guests outside of the US and the fact that they can not register for this promotion. I am told that this is being addressed.

Kevin-how long will the early booking discount be running? Maybe you can't say that yet but I was just wondering as we are going on vacation soon so I am trying to plan. Thanks!

I don't understand the need to sign up either. I have been on 2 ABD's, and am considering a 3rd. So, I guess, I just assumed that I would qualify for whatever programs they where introducing. Disney always amazes me with their wonderful guides and tours, but then their lack of customer service when it comes to customer loyalty programs, and EBD's. Just doesn't make sense to me.

I received the package today, and I have only been on one ABD trip, in 2008.

Regarding the free door-to-door service, the fine print says (among other things) it is available to Adventure Insiders program members who have been on at least 2 trips when booking a non-discounted regular rate. It also says that the transportation will be "to the nearest major airport and back". So, it sounds like small regional airports (which don't tend to have the best fares) don't count (since I wouldn't count them as "major airports").

Unfortunately, we don't qualify for this perk, as we've only booked one ABD so far.

Kevin-how long will the early booking discount be running? Maybe you can't say that yet but I was just wondering as we are going on vacation soon so I am trying to plan. Thanks!

I'm not sure yet.

Waiting to see itineraries and pricing.

I got the package today, and I don't recall ever registering on the Insiders link. (I have done two trips in 2008 & 2009). I did go on the www.adventureinsiders.com/terms website they mentioned in the letter today, as it insinuated there would be more details about the airport transportation perk for 2x guests, but it just took me a bunch of legal-ese about the program in general. I haven't used a travel agent (except Costco), so no one else registered me. Maybe I have registered as an insider at some point, I wouldn't swear I haven't, but sure don't remember it.
I too, would see this as a good perk if I could use it for the airport that's 60 miles from home, as airfares from there are normally significantly cheaper than my hometown airport. The letter seemed to imply that this might be allowed at some additional cost to us, which still might be cheaper than parking.

I may be among the few but I don't see the transportation from and to my airport as a perk, from where I live it costs me about $70 total with tips if I use a car service/taxi to get to the airport and home.

I believe that the transportation benefit is only the current perk for Insiders. The perks can change to something else that is perceived to be both a financial benefit and an improvement to your experience. So if the limo to the airport doesn't do 'ya, maybe the next thing will.

If you received the email from Kevin, there is a paragraph which says:

"Please make sure that you visit www.adventureinsiders.com before Sept. 12, 2011 and enroll in the program.", which I did.

Our UPS guy also comes in late so we'll see later today...

tufbuf, did your UPS guy show up with your package?

Has anyone who took a trip this year or has an upcoming trip received the package?

tufbuf, did your UPS guy show up with your package?

Has anyone who took a trip this year or has an upcoming trip received the package?

We took a trip to Montana this past June (our 2nd) and just received the box this evening. I never remember signing up for anything....Who knows how they mail them out?

All I want is the information on the preview, so I hope I get something soon. I don't care about the clues, etc. I'm hoping ABD will provide some more information on the loyalty program during the preview. If it's mostly going to be about the Greece trip, I don't mind missing it. But I would like to find out if there is something more substantial to the loyalty program that the package I haven't gotten and a transfer to the airport. If that's all it is, the old $100 discount was better.

I haven't received the package either. Maybe Disney doesn't think someone who has taken 6 AbDs needs any enticement to book another trip... :sad2:

As far as perks for past guests, it would be nice if AbD offered 2 free hotel nights (like Tauck does).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter