Adult & Kids shoe recommendations for the parks in JUNE

Tink113

DIS Veteran
looking for ideas for comfy shoes for park days in June. It will be hot and likely rain.

The last thing I want to deal with in cranky kids with feet that hurt, or cranky mom either lol.

I know lots of people say crocs. I’m not a traditional crocs fan (just hate the look). How are some of the other crocs styles. Just as good?

I have a pair of these. I bought them for combo beach/hiking trips, because they are good for both uses. They are great.
https://www.rei.com/product/148564/teva-terra-fi-5-universal-sandals-mens

Note that this is the second pair that I've bought recently. I blew out a strap on the first pair hiking in Hawaii*, but (a) that is very unusual for Tevas and (b) I bought them at REI, and they have a one-year no-questions-asked return policy, so I replaced them with an identical pair. I've had the second pair for a year, no issues at all with the straps.

-------
*: Happily, that was also a good excuse to get some new slippahs while I was on the islands.

If you like running/close toe walking shoes than I have spent the last 4 days researching these.

The most popular comfort shoes are Hokas (I got the Solimar style as I'm not a huge fan of the bulky soles and I honestly LOVE THEM), Brooks Ghost 15 (getting them this week), On Cloud and Adidas Ultraboosts. Hubby told me not to go crazy and order all 4 so I picked my 2 favorites ha!

We all only wear running shoes with good support and sole. We are not croc people, the little stubbies on the inside bother us and my feet sweat in them. We just wear running shoes, no matter what time of year we go.

My kids love Natives! They have both adult and children's sizes, they wore them every day of the trip this year (both to the parks and to the pool). It made packing light very easy.

Saltwater sandals. My daughter has had hers for a while - she wore them rope drop til fireworks at DLP and said they were super comfy. I’ve just got my own pair and I’m breaking them in today. I’ve had them on since 8am today, (now 6.30pm), done 13k steps and they haven’t rubbed in a single place, still super comfy.

When they get wet they actually mould to the shape of your feet as well for extra comfort 👌🏻 I’ve got the boardwalk style - it has a thick sole for comfort.

I wear sneakers (On Cloudrunner, I think, some sort of On shoe). My kids have always worn Keens. Although I think one of them ended up wearing her nike sneakers one day.

If you do go the running shoe route--you can get them (mostly) dry after a big rainstorm by stuffing them with wadded-up newspaper for a few hours. Buy a couple copies of NYT at the airport when you land as "don't rain" insurance.

As a front line CM spanning 22 years I, and most other CMs, wear generic black sneakers. Whenever I’m a guest, I wear generic white sneakers.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter