"Adult Cove" @ Typhoon Lagoon To Offer Live TV

WEDWDW

DIS Veteran
For only the second time,to my knowledge,(with World Cup 2014 in Epcot and DAK being the other time),Disney is allowing Live TV in a WDW Park.:)

Just thought it was a very interesting "development".

Probably doesn't signal the "No Live TV" in the Parks "tradition" is ending,but I never thought I would see alcohol in Magic Kingdom either!

Can you imagine watching the Premier League in Rose & Crown Pub on a Saturday morning?!:)

That would have to be an amazing atmosphere in there!:)

Guests looking for more adults-only activities this holiday season now have another option, and this one involves a water park. From December 26th through the 31st this year, Disney’s Typhoon Lagoon will feature Adult Cove.

Disney promises the area will include “everything you need to really unwind this holiday season: food and beverage service at Hammerhead Fred’s Bar, specialty drinks, live music and – this is the best part – there will be a TV at the bar, so you can catch the big game.”

Once again, this area will only be in operation from 12/6 to 12/31, 2018.

This has virtually no appeal to my sense of "Disney Fun."

"Hey, let's buy tickets to a water park in December, sample some over-priced food and drinks, and watch some TV!"
(Meanwhile, the greatest theme parks in America are just 10 minutes away.)

What the heck?

I’m not sure I know what you mean. Live tv as in there is live tv being filmed in Disney and broadcasted? Or they just turn the tv on at Disney and watch network television? Like in a bar?

I’m not sure I know what you mean. Live tv as in there is live tv being filmed in Disney and broadcasted? Or they just turn the tv on at Disney and watch network television? Like in a bar?

Watch network television. Like in a bar.

Here's the pull-quote from the announcement: (Original HERE.)
"this is the best part – there will be a TV at the bar, so you can catch the big game."

I can think of LOTS of "best parts" at WDW.
But, paying to go to a water park and "watching TV" at the bar would not make my list.

Last edited:
Watch network television. Like in a bar.

Here's the pull-quote from the announcement: (Original HERE.)

I can think of LOTS of "best parts" at WDW.
But, paying to go to a water park and "watching TV" at the bar would not make my list.
This would be most beneficial to fans of sports teams who have games then. I am a Rams fan and I’ve been in WDW on game days when I haven’t been able to watch them. And I have watched them on my phone while in Disneyland. If given the chance to watch parts of the game during a visit, I would probably take it. Yes, you can argue I could go to ESPN zone or Splitsville or other places at Disney Springs, but again, that requires significantly more time and effort than being in a park location where I can watch it.

If I was visiting WDW next week (and the weather cooperated), I would very likely consider adding in a stop at Typhoon Lagoon during the game. What better halftime entertainment than a water slide!

I also don’t see this as something Disney would bother to do often. Water parks are a different atmosphere than the main parks. Though airing the Premier league at Rose and Crown pub would fit very well with that theme (but it could cause them to delay table turnover which could cost money). Meanwhile at TL, they could make money from people buying snacks, as well as a (small) redistribution of guests to that park.

This would be most beneficial to fans of sports teams who have games then. If given the chance to watch parts of the game during a visit, I would probably take it.
Definitely-Live TV in the Parks would be HUGE for Sports Fans!:)

The World Cup 2014 Venues were PACKED!(The coolest part was watching Germany take the Cup(even though we are Messi fans)and then walking to Germany and watching the Germany CMs celebrate!)

But,the argument against it has always been it would take away the "escape" from the "outside world" and lessen the "magic" of being inside a Disney Park and for that reason,the "ban" will probably continue.:)

Last edited:
I would ADORE being able to watch Premier League in Rose & Crown. I doubt it'll ever happen, but a girl can dream!

WELL SAID!!!!:)

Some would question why a Guest would want to "waste" time SHOPPING in a WDW Park,etc.:)

Or eating mediocre food at inflated prices, or leave parks they paid for to sit around a pool or pay top prices for hotels when they are going to parks .....

For AP holders - watching Premiere League soccer in the pub with others who enjoy is a very inexpensive treat.

Or eating mediocre food at inflated prices, or leave parks they paid for to sit around a pool or pay top prices for hotels when they are going to parks .....

For AP holders - watching Premiere League soccer in the pub with others who enjoy is a very inexpensive treat.
WELL SAID!!!!:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter