ADRs for November/strategy

maleficent55

DIS Veteran
Help! My dining reservation window opens in one week for our November trip.
This is what I have so far on my wish list, with my 60 days resetting part way through since we are a split stay (which I DO plan on calling the dining number at 0700 the morning of to beg and plead for a cast member to help me make ADRs for the entirety of our stay.)

This is the wish:

60- no idea, it’s arrival day. Flight lands at 5:58pm checking into POR Riverside
60+1- Storybook Dining dinner
60+2- Be Our Guest lunch or dinner?
60+3- no idea, it’s a 1/2 day at HS and then a Xmas party at MK
60+4- Boathouse lunch (non park day)
60+5- Tiffins dinner
60+6- Space 220 lunch

- - - - - - - SPLIT STAY (cue dramatic music)- - - -

60- Sci Fi (lunch or dinner?)
60+1- Beaches and Cream (lunch. We will now be at the Beach Club having a pool day before spending evening at Epcot) and Le Cellier dinner
60+2- Cinderella’s Royal Table dinner
60+3- Boma breakfast

Any tips on the order in which to try for these would be SO helpful or any other tips more than welcome! It’s my first trip to Disney World

I would tell you to not expect to get your reservations for your split stay with the first reservation. We did a split stay in February and were told since covid, they can no longer link split stays so we were not lucky.

Be our guest is only table service for dinner I believe unless it has changed since covid.

I would say Be Our Guest and CRT would be the hardest to get so try to get those out of the way first.

My ADR day was today, and I was online right when ressies opened. I wasn't able to get storybook dining for any night of my stay. I would suggest trying for that, space 220, and Cinderella table first, and plan them near the end of your trip.

This is what I have so far on my wish list, with my 60 days resetting part way through since we are a split stay (which I DO plan on calling the dining number at 0700 the morning of to beg and plead for a cast member to help me make ADRs for the entirety of our stay.)
We have a split stay (VGF DS, VGF RS, RIV 1BR) in November too and ADR opened for me today. Had trouble with HDDR confirmation, so called at 9am to verify. 1st CM was very helpful and verified by reservation. I aske if he could assist with the rest of my reservations during our split stay. He wasn’t able to help (wrong department) but wrote a ticket up with my 3 resort confirmation numbers and transferred me. CM #2 was also very nice and explained that I was transferred to wrong department (internet assistance) and proceeded to transfer me again. CM #3 explained to me that they see the same thing we do - dates after 1st check out are not available to select to check dining availability even though I have a consecutive reservation.

So I am likely SOL for “Ohana, Space 220 and Topolino’s…backup plan is to walk up at the adjacent lounges and order appetizers. Tambu Lounge has off menu items from “Ohana…

Boma, Boathouse and Tiffins should be easier to get when your window opens. Le Cellier might be ok since its Food and Wine. Rest of them are going to be harder - they should be booked first starting at 60+7 days. Basically, work backwards.

Last edited:

I would definitely say CRT has to be your priority of that is a must.
I just did mine on this past Friday and it was...successful? Mostly. There are a few placements that I wasn't expecting, but overall there are reservations to be had. I had a total newbie moment (which is still surprising after 18 years of park going) that I completely forgot that CRT is a prepaid experience. Just like the dinner shows, those are paid right as you book them.
Things seem to be a little all over the place and unpredictable. (I for one did not anticipate T-Rex booking as quickly as it did, but here I am with that reservation 60 days out.)
If you are not able to get them, the addition of more walk up has been interesting to watch. But keep your hopes up. I was fortunate to get everything every one in my party was hoping for.

storybook dining is super tough, i doubt you will get at 60+1. same for sci-fi and possibly cindy's. your best bet for these would be at 60+6.

be ready to book backup resis and keep checking for openings at high demand spots as we get closer, especially if you are willing to take some early/late slots.

and maybe be willing to switch up your park reservation days if you find a reservation you really want to do on an off day.

This is pretty stressful. Makes me second guess the split stay but want to experience the Beach Club for that pool and proximity to Epcot but don’t want to pay for 10 nights there.

Don’t want to move park days because of where we will be based and wanting to start and end with MK.

This sucks!

Agree with Storybook Dining being really difficult. I had a reservation for Day 4 of my trip- but could only get 4:10 pm and I ended up cancelling it because the ambience at night makes a huge difference. This is one of the only places (along with Space 220) that I don't see anything open up last minute/day before.

As a side note, stayed at Beach Club last weekend and didn't make an ADR for Beaches and Cream. We joined the waitlist at 11 am while at the pool. It said 60 minutes but we were called 9 minutes later and the place was half empty. So, if you don't find anything for Beaches and Cream when you want it- just join the waitlist as a walk up. You will get in.

We also did walk up/waitlist for Topolino's breakfast and Ohana dinner. Both are hard to get ADRs- but if you just check the app and go there and wait it usually works out (we waited like 15 mins for both). Of course this can vary depending on time of the year, etc., but i think they are leaving more and more of the restaurant open for the waitlist.

I would definitely say CRT has to be your priority of that is a must.
I just did mine on this past Friday and it was...successful? Mostly. There are a few placements that I wasn't expecting, but overall there are reservations to be had. I had a total newbie moment (which is still surprising after 18 years of park going) that I completely forgot that CRT is a prepaid experience. Just like the dinner shows, those are paid right as you book them.
Things seem to be a little all over the place and unpredictable. (I for one did not anticipate T-Rex booking as quickly as it did, but here I am with that reservation 60 days out.)
If you are not able to get them, the addition of more walk up has been interesting to watch. But keep your hopes up. I was fortunate to get everything every one in my party was hoping for.
so did you have to provide a credit card then?

This is the wish:

60- no idea, it’s arrival day. Flight lands at 5:58pm checking into POR Riverside
60+1- Storybook Dining dinner
60+2- Be Our Guest lunch or dinner?
60+3- no idea, it’s a 1/2 day at HS and then a Xmas party at MK
60+4- Boathouse lunch (non park day)
60+5- Tiffins dinner
60+6- Space 220 lunch

- - - - - - - SPLIT STAY (cue dramatic music)- - - -

60- Sci Fi (lunch or dinner?)
60+1- Beaches and Cream (lunch. We will now be at the Beach Club having a pool day before spending evening at Epcot) and Le Cellier dinner
60+2- Cinderella’s Royal Table dinner
60+3- Boma breakfast

Any tips on the order in which to try for these would be SO helpful or any other tips more than welcome! It’s my first trip to Disney World
So as a follow up, we did indeed get everything we wanted. I cancelled our split stay so that eliminated all that nonsense.
Then, my husband and I in California stayed up until 0300 here to have multiple devices ready. It was a little silly and we were exhausted, but within 22 minutes we had it all. Some moved around from what I posted above, since we changed the split stay, some of our park days etc. changed too. And our dessert party was made @ 2100 PST time. Here is what we ended up with:
60 Boatwrights dinner
60+1 Boathouse dinner
60+2 Tiffins dinner
60+3 Ogas; Light Saber building
60+4 BOG lunch; Treats & Seats Dessert party
60+5 Storybook Dining dinner
60+6 Le Cellier dinner
60+7 SciFi lunch; Ogas
60+8 Space 220 lunch; San Angel dinner
60+9 CRT dinner
60+10 Boma breakfast; Beaches and Cream lunch/snack

whew!!! You'd think we were going just to eat!

I can reassure you on the going-just-to-eat.

We generally have 3 ADRs daily. We both prefer "sit-n-set" aka "We sit. Someone sets food in front of us."

If anybody can be said to be going just to eat, it ain't you. :thumbsup2

We generally have 3 ADRs daily. We both prefer "sit-n-set" aka "We sit. Someone sets food in front of us."

I second that- you are def just going to eat hahah

Hey! At least we really only have about one ADR sit down a day
Except Epcot on 60+8

The last day/departure day is Boma for breakfast and beaches and cream but that’s probably just for sundaes before we head to the airport

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter