ADR's for 4 ppl, but now only 2 are going. Problem?

Huff

DIS Veteran
Made all my ADR's weeks ago for 4 people. Got everything we wanted. Two people have now cancelled so our trip will just be the two of us. I'm afraid if I call Disney and try to change from 4 to 2 I will lose my ADR's as many restaurants have tables for two and maybe upset to give us a four seat table when its just the two of us. I don't want to be turned away if we just show up as two.

What have others done in this situation and what problems have come up?

People show up with one more or two less all the time. Plans change, people get sick, life happens and generally it's no problem at all. Some have reported that they need to wait longer for their table, but Disney still (usually) seats them. I only say usually because if I don't someone will chime in with the one time they weren't seated and I'd be wrong. ;)

When it IS an issue, is when you have a credit card hold on your meal or your meal is pre-paid. If that's the case and you show up with fewer than you reserved for, you will be hit with the cancellation fee for the person(s) who didn't show up.

Is it better to just leave my ADR's at 4 even though I know now there will only be 2? If I call I was afraid they'd have to cancel and remake the ADR for 2 which will most likely be unavailable. Better to just leave them at 4 and not call Disney?

For what it's worth, I JUST got off the phone with Disney Dining because we'd booked a table for 8 at Tepan Edo, and found out a few days ago that 2 people would not be joining us. I told the gentleman what happened, gave him my confirmation number, and he was able to change us to a party of 6 and kept the same time and same confirmation number. I was able to verify that INSTANTLY on the website, and confirmed that nothing changed but a party of 8 to a party of 6. Took less than 2 minutes on the phone. :thumbsup2

you could go online and try to book all your places for 2...if there's availability then book the new reservations & go back and cancel the old ones.

However, if you can't get any ressies for 2, then just keep what you have & show up. From personal experience I do know that they will seat you when you show up with less people...as others have said, there are always cases of last minute cancellations - people get sick, people miss travel connections, etc. You may not get seated quite as fast (because they may want to seat you at a 2-top table instead of a 4-top) or it might not make any difference at all.

Personally I would call and make the change. I'm sure they would be able to downsize your party now without issue, but if you wait until the last minute you have a much more likely chance of losing your reservation. I know this because it's happened to me on 3 different occasions and I will no longer make reservations for others only myself and my kids to prevent us from losing our tables or in one case we had to wait just over an hour for a table of an appropriate size to be available.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter