ADR, what is required to book?

NDollie

Earning My Ears
Hello,

So I do know that I can only book 180 days out from when I'm planning to go, but I just need clarification on what is required. I have not actually booked my stay at WDW yet, I'm planning on going the first week of May. If I get to the 180 day mark can I do ADR without the resort reservation? If I can, do I pay anything up front for the ADR?

TIA!

If you do not have a resort reservation, you can book ADRs one day at a time for each day of your stay. So if you are arriving on May 1, you could make the ADR for May 1 on 11/3/2016. You could not book an ADR for May 2 until 11/4, May 3 on 11/5, etc.

You need a My Disney Experience account and a credit card. You will pre-pay for certain dining experiences -- Cinderella's Royal Table, Hoop de Doo, Mickey's Backyard BBQ, a few others. Otherwise, the credit card is used to hold the ADR.

And just to add to @_auroraborealis_ 'S excellent answer, when you give your cc info, it is to hold the ADR. If you are a no show, without cancelling 24 hours in advance, you will be charged $10.00 per person cancellation fee. For the ADRs that you had to pre pay, CRT, HDDR, MBBQ, etc, you would forfeit the entire amount.

Last edited:
If you do not have a resort reservation, you can book ADRs one day at a time for each day of your stay. So if you are arriving on May 1, you could make the ADR for May 1 on 11/3/2016. You could not book an ADR for May 2 until 11/4, May 3 on 11/5, etc.

You need a My Disney Experience account and a credit card. You will pre-pay for certain dining experiences -- Cinderella's Royal Table, Hoop de Doo, Mickey's Backyard BBQ, a few others. Otherwise, the credit card is used to hold the ADR.

And just to add to @_auroraborealis_ 'S excellent answer, when you give your cc info, it is to hold the ADR. If you are a now show,,without cancelling 24 hours in advance, you will be charged $10.00 per person cancellation fee. For the ADRs that you had to pre pay, CRT, HDDR, MBBQ, etc, you would forfeit the entire amount.

Thank you both for the info! that was clear and concise!

1. Can you make a reservation if you are not staying at a Disney resort?
2. If yes, how does parking work if for example I got a reservation at a Polynesian Resort or Wilderness Lodge restaurant? Can I park in the resort parking lot?

1. Can you make a reservation if you are not staying at a Disney resort?
2. If yes, how does parking work if for example I got a reservation at a Polynesian Resort or Wilderness Lodge restaurant? Can I park in the resort parking lot?

1. Yes.

2. Generally speaking, if you have an ADR they will allow you to park for 3 hours. This parking is ONLY good during your ADR and you can't go prancing off elsewhere.

At prime seasons, they may require you to valet park; if you want to prance off elsewhere, valet park.

1. Yes.

2. Generally speaking, if you have an ADR they will allow you to park for 3 hours. This parking is ONLY good during your ADR and you can't go prancing off elsewhere.

At prime seasons, they may require you to valet park; if you want to prance off elsewhere, valet park.

Thanks so much and Happy Thanksgiving to you !
So if i decide i need to prance sounds like I'm best off parking at TTC and walking to the Poly or transferring by boat to get to WL?

EDIT - I get it now: you're saying I can prance if I valet park, right?

Thanks so much and Happy Thanksgiving to you !
So if i decide i need to prance sounds like I'm best off parking at TTC and walking to the Poly or transferring by boat to get to WL?

EDIT - I get it now: you're saying I can prance if I valet park, right?
Yep.

Basically, the parking at a resort is for a resort guest. You're only considered a guest if you're staying there, or for the term of your ADR (which is ~3 hours).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter