ADR needs work

Canadian Tom

DIS Veteran
The system of booking ADR is unfair. It needs work. Point: If I'm checking in on Feb.20th. I can make ADR for Feb. 20 fro the next 10 days. Great except people who's check in date is say, Feb. 15 can book up until Feb. 25. This mean a lot of reservations for restaurants for the first 5 days of our vacation(Feb.20th) are all booked. I would like to see them level the playing field and do it daily ARD. Thoughts? Canadian Tom

The system of booking ADR is unfair. It needs work. Point: If I'm checking in on Feb.20th. I can make ADR for Feb. 20 fro the next 10 days. Great except people who's check in date is say, Feb. 15 can book up until Feb. 25. This mean a lot of reservations for restaurants for the first 5 days of our vacation(Feb.20th) are all booked. I would like to see them level the playing field and do it daily ARD. Thoughts? Canadian Tom
Completely disagree. At least we get priority if staying on-site. Without that, it would be even harder to get into popular locations. You are suggesting they give you less priority choice.

Be thankful for days 6-10.

But think about it, the people who check in the day before you have an advantage for ALL except one of your days staying on site.

I just tried to book dinner for Feb.2/23, 60 day out. You would be amazed the number of restaurants that are completely unavailable, and that's my point. People who reached their 60 out time have already taken all the reservation times.

I have 7 night stays. It’s working fine for me. Maybe it’s the restaurants you’re trying to book.

What I am suggesting, is that resort guests be allowed to make ADR 120 or 90 days prior to check-in. That would helped be a perk for staying on-site.

What I am suggesting, is that resort guests be allowed to make ADR 120 or 90 days prior to check-in. That would helped be a perk for staying on-site.

I actually liked the 180 days. Worked fine for those of us who book our trips so far out. But I thought you were advocating for all ADRs to be same day?

Edit: Sorry, that was someone else on another thread.

And I think on-site still needs the + 10 advantage. Not just booking early.

Last edited:
That would have no real impact. The people who are booking reservations more than 60 days out would still be doing so. It would just be 90 or 120 days out. I suppose if they made it 547 days out, it would be easier since fewer will have booked…

I’m thinking staffing is the problem here and that they aren’t booking to full capacity-and dropping more times as the dates get closer. I’ve been reading more posts here about additional drops for some of the restaurants-which is great but we lose the +10 benefit. I’m still waiting for January Fantasmic packages to be released - my ADR day was weeks ago.

So, you want to wake up at 5am for several days straight so you can make your ADR's one day at a time? That's the problem that the "+10" solves. Your recommendation solves one problem but creates another. You can't make everyone happy all the time, so the current system reflects the trade-off that Disney found to provide the highest level of customer satisfaction.

No, I want the resort guest only to be able to book ADR at 120 or 90 days out. That would give Resort guests lots of time to book before the non-resort guests can book. So if you wanted, you could wake up once at day110 or 80 and book all your ADR.

Let your resort guest who are contributing more to Disney's bottom line have a perk that costs Disney nothing.

Let your resort guest who are contributing more to Disney's bottom line have a perk that costs Disney nothing.
They do already. They have the 60+10 advantage. And within that 60+10 it favors the onsite guest who stays longer....which I'm assuming you are okay with as they in theory contribute to Disney's bottom line more and someone staying onsite only 2 or 3 days.

I get how you think people who check in the day before you are taking all the reservations. But at the same time you get the jump on the people who check in the day AFTER you. In that sense i think it mostly evens out.

While I prefer the old 180 days, I don't see that coming back. I do think Disney needs to get their act together and actually release things at 60+10. This trend of holding back/not loading certain reservations until inside 60 days is BS.

No, I want the resort guest only to be able to book ADR at 120 or 90 days out. That would give Resort guests lots of time to book before the non-resort guests can book. So if you wanted, you could wake up once at day110 or 80 and book all your ADR.

And people who choose to wait & do it all at once or cannot do it day by day will be at a disadvantage compared to those who can get on every morning. Your suggestion just changes who is at a disadvantage.

Your comment(chicagodisneyguy) of it's okay to screw me because I get to screw the next guy, doesn't wash it with me. Two wrongs don't make a right. Sorry

Your comment(chicagodisneyguy) of it's okay to screw me because I get to screw the next guy, doesn't wash it with me. Two wrongs don't make a right. Sorry
no one is screwing you. Some dining reservations are in super high demand and not everyone is going to get one...even if staying on site and deluxe. If Disney moved the reservation time frame to 90 or 120 days people who check in before you are still going to probably grab the in-demand ressies for the early part of your trip....just like you will for people who check-in after you.

Doing it daily just means you level the playing field for the first few days of the trip but also take away your advantage on days 6-10 of your stay. I'd personally always rather have 5 days of advantage than 0.

Just out of curiosity, what reservations are you having the most trouble with? If looking for things like Space220 you will have much more success on a 10 day trip looking at day 60+6,7,8,9,or 10 than you likely would on a day to day scrum.

I think this whole ADR is a pain in the neck or somewhere else. I think I'll just relax and find a place to eat when I'm hungry. In other words forget the whole ADR thing and eat where I can when I want. Gee that sound relaxing. Like it used to be years ago when ADR could only be made the day of. Thanks

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter