ADR Help

Nikki_Arden

Earning My Ears
Hello! Tomorrow will be my 180 day mark and I need help finalizing some of my ADRs. Our vacation will be September 17-22

Sunday, 9/17 - Arrival Day
*I am hoping this will be a MNSSHP day and we'll get tickets for that*
Chef Mickey's or Whispering Canyon Café (late lunch -- before 4PM)
We've eaten at Chef Mickey's breakfast and my DS-5 loved the characters but I've heard it's not so great for lunch/dinner. We are planning other character meals so it's not necessary that we go to CM again. We'd appreciate your thoughts on WCC or any TS near MK.

Monday, 9/18 - Animal Kingdom
Tusker House (breakfast, around 10AM)

Tuesday, 9/19 - Epcot
Garden Grill (breakfast, PPO 8AM)

Wednesday, 9/20 - Magic Kingdom
BoG (breakfast (only ordering cupcake), PPO 8AM)
**Is it worth it to go to BoG PPO to be able to get early access to the park since they've started allowing everyone in PPO for the opening show? I was hoping to get some pictures of the castle/main street with my family before it started to fill up.... is this possible anymore? I also wanted to be able to get out in enough time to line up for 7DMT.... again, is this worth it?**

LTT (dinner, around 7PM)

Thursday, 9/21 - Pool Day
Homecomin' (dinner, around 7PM)

Thanks in advance for all your help!

I've been following many of the PPO BOG threads - if it is a park opening at 9 a.m. day, so crowds get in at 8:30 a.m., it seems most people with reservations 8:30 a.m. or earlier are allowed into the park between 7:45 and 8 a.m. (still not a consensus on if you have an 8:30-9 a.m. BOG reservation - I will find out in 2 weeks though, as we have an 8:50 a.m. BOG reservation). So, based on all I've read, an 8 a.m. BOG should get you in to Main Street ahead of the crowds... and most likely (per the other threads) a ride or 2 on 7DMT before the lines hit. And, I'm one of those that loved Chef Mickey's breakfast, but not their dinner - good to check out other options. Enjoy!

Hello! Tomorrow will be my 180 day mark and I need help finalizing some of my ADRs. Our vacation will be September 17-22

Sunday, 9/17 - Arrival Day
*I am hoping this will be a MNSSHP day and we'll get tickets for that*
Chef Mickey's or Whispering Canyon Café (late lunch -- before 4PM)
We've eaten at Chef Mickey's breakfast and my DS-5 loved the characters but I've heard it's not so great for lunch/dinner. We are planning other character meals so it's not necessary that we go to CM again. We'd appreciate your thoughts on WCC or any TS near MK.

Monday, 9/18 - Animal Kingdom
Tusker House (breakfast, around 10AM)

Tuesday, 9/19 - Epcot
Garden Grill (breakfast, PPO 8AM)

Wednesday, 9/20 - Magic Kingdom
BoG (breakfast (only ordering cupcake), PPO 8AM)
**Is it worth it to go to BoG PPO to be able to get early access to the park since they've started allowing everyone in PPO for the opening show? I was hoping to get some pictures of the castle/main street with my family before it started to fill up.... is this possible anymore? I also wanted to be able to get out in enough time to line up for 7DMT.... again, is this worth it?**

LTT (dinner, around 7PM)

Thursday, 9/21 - Pool Day
Homecomin' (dinner, around 7PM)

Thanks in advance for all your help!

How are you traveling? Who is in your party? What are there ages.
Travel day is wrought with uncontrollable delays. We never make an ADR for sooner than 5 hours after scheduled arrival. I also would never advise getting expensive party tickets for travel day if there are young ones in the travel group. Travel day is very tiring.
PPO BOG breakfast will get you in a few minutes before everyone else. But it will not be an empty Main Street, those days are long gone. You will have some advantage over rope drop crowds as you will be held closer to 7DMT queue area, but you will only have a slight advantage. Whether it is worth it only you can judge.
Have Fun

How are you traveling? Who is in your party? What are there ages.

We are driving -- we live about 5 hours away from WDW and should arrive around 11AM/12PM. Our group consists of my husband, son (who will be 5), and myself. I didn't think of how exhausting our travel day could be, especially if we tack on a party. We may forego an ADR for arrival day should we decide to do a party on our arrival day (that is assuming it is, in fact, a party day after all).

It's a shame that the advantage of getting PPO ADRs is gone....I'll still make it though and we'll see if it's 'worth it'

Thanks for your help

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter