ADR Grace Period

Amore Disney

Mouseketeer
I've been hearing that there's no official grace period, but CM's have been letting people in 15 minutes after their reservation time. I'm planning to arrive on-time to my BOG lunch, but in case something unexpected happens..

If you have ever been a few minutes late for your ADR, what was your experience? Has anyone ever been denied entry?

Not denied entry, but placed back in the regular queue (in other words, had to wait a lot longer.) for someplace like BOG that could mean no entry.

We were exactly 14 minutes late to Sci-fi and the cm said we were still in the 15 minute time. I don't think we waited much longer than the other people and were taken in order of arrival for the most part.

There is no official grace period. You can be turned away if you are late and especially if the restaurant is busy. Disney suggests that you be there 15 minutes ahead of your ADR time and their policy is that it is your responsibility to make your ADR time. Rusty may be along to expand on these. The best strategy is to plan things so that you will be early.

We were super late to a breakfast reservation at Ohana because the busses were awful to mk from csr. We waited for an hour for one to come. I called ahead and they said it was fine and that they understood.

There is no official time. It depends on how busy the restaurant is, and it totally up to the CMs running the place at that time. Note that if you are late and they won't seat you, you will also be charged your no show fee.

We were super late to a breakfast reservation at Ohana because the busses were awful to mk from csr. We waited for an hour for one to come. I called ahead and they said it was fine and that they understood.

Honestly this is probably the best thing to do on and off WDW property. If you think/know that you are going to be late for a reservation due to reason's beyond your control, then I 100% recommend calling the restaurant and letting them know and usually people are a lot more understanding when they have a head's up vs. just having someone show up 20 minutes late.

We were late a few times - got stuck on the monorail once, late bus once, my son had to use the restroom once and we were never turned away. Everyone was very understanding. We are usually very early for everything but sometimes things happen.

As Polydweller stated, there is no official "grace period". Disney requests you arrive 15 minutes before your ADR, Disney states to allow 90 minutes travel time. Many folks scoff at that recommendation and think it is too long - it is not.
Many people have been turned away from various restaurants. I have witnessed this at Le Cellier.
Many have been allowed in.
Personally I would never take that risk.

How do you call the restaurant? WDW doesn't publish the numbers for individual restaurants. You have to go through a call center. Does WDW-DINE contact restaurants for you?

You should be able to just Google whichever restaurant it is that you are trying to get ahold of, and the number should pop up.

Attachments

• crystal palace.png
    crystal palace.png
    531.2 KB · Views: 12
You should be able to just Google whichever restaurant it is that you are trying to get ahold of, and the number should pop up.

The number highlighted in your screenshot, 939-3463, is WDW-DINE. The call center, not a direct line to the restaurant.

We just visited in WDW in March 2016 and our flight was delayed making us late for our reservation by the time we caught a MK bus and headed to BOG for dinner. I called from the bus and we were told by the cast member I talked to that all the restaurants had a 15-20 minute grace period, and since we were in that time frame not to worry. When we checked in at BOG I asked if that grace period truly applied to all and she said yes. Just my experience.

Yes, that highlighted number is not a direct line to the restaurant. Might take a little bit deeper digging to get a direct number.

We just visited in WDW in March 2016 and our flight was delayed making us late for our reservation by the time we caught a MK bus and headed to BOG for dinner. I called from the bus and we were told by the cast member I talked to that all the restaurants had a 15-20 minute grace period, and since we were in that time frame not to worry. When we checked in at BOG I asked if that grace period truly applied to all and she said yes. Just my experience.

Unfortunately you cannot depend on what you are told over the phone by Disney ever. They are not even at Disney World, and if there is a problem good luck getting them to honor something a random call center CM told you. :(

I have been 5-10 mins late before and no one has ever said anything. I would not want to push it beyond the 15 min marker. As a rule I always try to get there 10-15 minutes early this way if anything delays us we are not that late.

We plan to be there thirty minutes early. Never been late. Thunderstorm stopped us from boating to HDDR once when we planned to be there an hour in advance and we still got there on time. Plan ahead is key.

The castmember at the check in podium at BOG can say that there is a grace period, but there is no written policy so they have no way of knowing what will actually happen at a different restaurant or even at BOG on a different day. One time we were at a different DW restaurant that was running so far behind schedule they were turning away anyone who arrived late, but on other days the same restaurant was seating latecomers.

Honestly this is probably the best thing to do on and off WDW property. If you think/know that you are going to be late for a reservation due to reasons beyond your control, then I 100% recommend calling the restaurant and letting them know and usually people are a lot more understanding when they have a head's up vs. just having someone show up 20 minutes late.

I bolded the critical thing there. Issues like the Disney bus being stuck in traffic or the monorail (or even a ride if you are stuck for a long time) breaking down are beyond your control. Cutting it way too close with FP+ times or thinking you would just squeeze in one more ride and being delayed are entirely within your control.

(I only point that out because more than once this question has come up because someone could "only" get a FP+ for something with a starting point within 5-10 minutes of an ADR either across the park or in a resort and not even in the park.)

I've been hearing that there's no official grace period, but CM's have been letting people in 15 minutes after their reservation time.

ADR Times and Tardiness "411":
1) WDW advises you to be at the ADR 15-minutes early.
2) You are expected to meet your ADR time, just like any other appt.
3) Being on-time is your responsibility, not that of WDW.
4) If late, they *can* cancel the ADR.
5) Under normal conditions, they usually allow up to a 15-minute lateness, but this is kindness, not a Grace Period.
6) If really busy, (eg, Free Dining, Holidays), there might be no Grace Period.
7) If you miss the ADR, you *might* have the ability to wait for a table.
8) For waiting times, there is no estimate, waits of 1-1½ hrs are common.
. . . if the eatery is not too busy, wait times could be minimal
. . . just depends upon the individual day-time-etc
9) They also have the option of canceling and just sending you away.
10) These options are at the discretion of the SEATER on duty at the podium.
11) Plus, it is up the eatery manager to decide if you get charged the $10/person no-show fee.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter