• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ADR changinig from party of 4 to 5 added guest

mousefan73

Germans are faster at dubbing
What to do!?

DH most likely will be able to join our trip. Myself, my mom and 2 kids.

I have all our ADRs totally set... Now what?

I will start to make changes. but first.

1. If I change 5 and he cannot come.. We will have issues if we are only 4??
2. For some places can we sneak an extra in? My 2 kids and I can share a booth. They are 9 and 8.

3 DH will not be on DP, we are. Is this an issue with a shared ressie?

Any advice..??

I had reservations for 5 and was able to add 1 to make 6 by calling with no problems by calling. Even for CRT and BoG

Maybe because a table for 5 already had an extra chair

Try calling and see

What to do!?

2. For some places can we sneak an extra in? My 2 kids and I can share a booth. They are 9 and 8.

Any advice..??

1. You will not have any trouble if your DH does not make it and you only show up with 4 people. Also, as long as some of the party shows up, you will not be charged the cancellation fee.

2. You can try showing up with 5 for an ADR for 4, but if they are booked and don't have a table for 5, your DH will not be able to join you. The problem with showing up with one more than what the ADR is for is that you are most likely going to get a 4 top table, with no room to add a fifth person. If you were going from 5 to 6, for example, your chances would be better (but also not a guarantee).

3. I am assuming you will be adding your DH to the room after you arrive (or he has his own room)? If so, he can pay OOP for his meals, while everyone else uses the DDP. Just make sure you tell the CM which meals are on the DDP and which one is OOP. If you will be adding him to the room prior to arrival, he will have to have the DDP along with everyone else.

What to do!?

No. As long as at least one person shows up for the reservation you will not be charged for the missing person.

It's not a matter of squeezing an extra person in at the table. If the restaurant is at capacity he will not be seated because of fire and safety code regulations or if the restaurant is running far behind schedule and chooses not to seat anyone not on a reservation. As much as possible the CMs will seat him, but it's not an absolute guarantee.

You'll get 2 separate bills, one for those using the dining plan and one for the OOP items.

Any advice..??

The biggest problem I see you having is not an ADR problem, it's a MB problem. If he's not on the DDP, that means that he's not on your reservation. In turn, that means he won't get a MB, and won't have his own room key or MB access to FP. Under the old system you could give him one of the kids room keys, but under MBs, the room key and park admission are all on the band...

You need to change as many ADRs to 5 ahead of time as you can. Showing up with an extra guest, even a small one, is never a good idea. Your extra can be turned away. The restaurant seating is so tight there is not room to just squish in an extra guest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter