• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Admit it, you've been that rude guest!

To that guy on Pirates taking flash photos every five seconds, I really wouldn't have crammed your camera down your throat. I would have been more creative than that. My bad.

I took my screaming 4 year old on Splash Mountain. Well I tried to. We had FPs and made it all the way to loading. He was nervous but said he would go, as we got closer and closer he started crying. I knew he would love it once it started moving but he was so worked up by the time we got to loading that I was getting looks from everyone. I sat down and the ride started and he scrambled out of his seat and was climbing out! Needless to say, we ended up shutting down the entire ride and getting off. There were a lot of very annoyed looks shot my direction. I really do believe he would have enjoyed it if he gave it a chance, but I probably should have left the line with him when he started crying.

Yikes, no we have never done that and our pet peave is the people who do disrespectful things like that and feel that they are above everyone else. How do you know that the other families also were not in a hurry etc....? I'm sure they were tired of waiting as well. Sorry I know you want me to agree with you but unfortunately I don't. We run into families like that from time to time and it's incredibly annoying. My question really is, why did you feel that you and the couple that jumped on the bus deserved the ride more than the families who were patiently and respectfully waiting for their turn?? I have to tell you that if I was there I wouldnt have let you guys get on. I would have spoken up, if I were one of the other families......just sayin' I think it always works when you treat others the way you want others to treat you.....

Don't know as I would call it rude but here goes, Last December we were at MK waiting for the Castle lighting and Show so just picture the crowd that has gathered to watch, here goes a lady carrying a box with hot chocolate and food, suddenly yells, "I need to get through, my 5 year old is up there!" Of course me, I tell wife "why would you leave your 5 year old to get hot chocolate" Well the "lady" must have heard me, turned around and said "well, she's with my mother, I didn't just leave her there alone, jeez!" Well obviously you don't trust your mother to watch her, told her good luck getting through the crowd and she says, "I better go before I say something!" I told her good idea your 5 year old is up there!

We leave in a week for Dis, after the one year anniversary of losing my mother. I'm really struggling right now.:( this post made myday.Thanks

I am unapologeticly that person. When you try to skip in front of my stroller, I don't slow down. I can remember on a couple of occasions people having gotten so tripped up, they have ended up on their bottoms once they got by my stroller. Again, sorry I'm not sorry.

That isn't being rude. That's assault. If you do that with a car, too, you wouldn't be driving long.

This was probably more insensitive than downright rude but... we had a not-so-magical bus ride back from MNSSHP last year... it was raining, traffic was slow, and there was a little boy whining/crying the whole ride because he wanted to sit down. (If I'd had a seat, I would have given it to him just so he'd shut up!) Then to top it off, just as we pull into CBR a little girl sitting almost right in front of where my DD5 was standing starts vomiting. Thankfully none of it got on my DD, the driver pulls up to the first bus stop and the family hurries off the bus. Then he turns the light on and proceeds to get cleaning supplies and clean off the seat and floor. At that point I'd had it and just wanted off of that bus. The driver had left the doors open so I loudly said to DW, "Come on, we're getting off the bus." (We were stopped at Martinique. Our room was in Jamaica.) She looked at me confused, because our stop was halfway around the resort, but I was like, "I am NOT waiting here while he cleans that up, we are getting off this bus!" So off we went while everyone on the bus stared at us and I pushed my DD5 in the stroller in the rain from Martinique all the way around to Jamaica because I couldn't wait 5 minutes for the driver to clean one bus seat.

On my last trip, I was waiting to board Big Thunder solo. When I got on, a mother and young daughter tried to get on with me and I told the mom that they're supposed to wait for the next one. If it had just been one person, I wouldn't have said anything, but I don't think Big Thunder is really meant to hold three people (at least not when all three of you aren't one family).

That's not rude, that's following what the CM intended. :)

Yes, I could have held little dd on my hip, but I'm 5'2" and I couldn't see either.

And worse still? I'd do it again.

You would stand in a spot where YOU couldn't see again? That seems odd. You would block other peoples' views again? That seems intentionally and nonsensically rude. Fix the first one and the second one doesn't have to happen. And your spine will be better off.

Have you noticed how many of these stories start with something like, "...hot and tired...!" or "...totally exhausted...!" ???

Seems like kids aren't the only ones to meltdown. Adults don't just sit and cry about it in the middle of the walkway.

I am overly sensitive to how I treat strangers at Disney. Seriously. The only heels I've ever clipped with our strollers have been because someone was jumping in front of me and I couldn't stop fast enough. And then I still apologize even though it's not my fault they jumped in front of a moving person.

Unfortunately that makes me stressed out so turn into a jerk towards my family...
In 2012 our day at HS started terribly. DHS decided he didnt want to be rushed to RD or follow my plan. And his mom was with us and I swear to you she moves twice as slow when I want to be somewhere at a certain time. So when we were in line at TSMM for 1.5 hours and they were complaining, I kept it bottled up. Long line at RnR, kept my cool. When they wanted to stay at TOT when ONLY DH wanted to ride instead of sit somewhere we could all enjoy something, I started to come unglued and very frustrated. The upset that ensued led to me forgetting to grab our borrowed infant carrier from the beach Id been nursing our baby on. And then we spent 45 minUtes retracing steps and contacting lost and found and me crying over a $100 carrier I would have to replace.

Dh is letting me do RD every day this time because he doesn't want to wait two hours for TSMM ever again. And he knows that if mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy. Let me do my thing in the morning and we can be lazy in the afternoons
I remind DH regularly.....happy wife, happy life.

But I was really tired and if he wanted all the rides (& refused to wait over 20 min for anything) that 90min was critical!

I have so much empathy for you, taking that person to WDW!

I have really bad peripheral vision on my left side. I compensate very well in everyday life, but as we all know, a day at WDW, with all the crowds and activity going on, is nothing like everyday life! So yes, I HAVE been that person who's stepped between you and your family when you're trying to get a picture of them in front of Cinderella's fountain or the Haunted Mansion hearse.

On the other hand, I've also been that person you crashed your stroller and chain of hand-holding kids into because I couldn't see you to jump out of the way in time!

Great realization for all of us, that some people might have vision issues that we aren't aware of.

I find the slower pace uncomfortable to walk at, and so I will often skirt round people so I don't need to slow down.

Heck, I'm short and I walk fast and don't want to be slowed! I was the shortest of all my friends growing up, so I learned to be quick!

I have inadvertently taken flash photos. I set my camera to no flash but if I turn it off to save batteries, it resets to flash when I turn it back on. Sometimes I forget. Then I yell SORRY disrupting things even more.

Time for a new camera! :)

This whole post makes me kind of sad actually. I hate to hear of anyone having a bad time at WDW. Its so hard for us to get there, I am talking years and years between trips and a lot of scrimping and saving, that I have happiness overload once I actually get there. I have been known to have my own meltdowns in life but people who feel so vindicated for their rude behavior - can't you take a moment to remember that we are all people and have some empathy for people? Purposefully hitting someone with a stroller?! I mean seriously? If we can't be kind to each other in Disney then heaven help our world. That being said, if anyone did something to my child (hit her with a stroller, make her cry) my claws would come flying and I would be the lady who gets taken to jail.

I'm very patient in Disney. I'm always just so happy to be there. Very proud that I have never, ever been rude with a CM. I know what it's like to work customer service, man.

If someone takes more than a minute or so to take a picture, I will get walk past you. If it's an open area, I will walk about you. But if it's a tight space, and you're holding up a crowd, I'll walk right into the shot. I'll apologize, though! ...er... If that counts for anything.

I am sure I have had less than magical moments, but the nature of those moments is generally that we don't realize quite how un-charming we're being.

I do know of one where I'm pretty sure people think my husband is the meanest guy ever to walk Main Street USA. We made the mistake of going to the first all-nighter at DL and the mistakes they made in crowd control rapidly became an issue and we needed to get me and my anxiety disorder out of the park. Unfortunately, in order to handle the mess elsewhere they had pulled all the CMs whose job it is to keep traffic flowing on Main Street and it was probably the worst place we could possibly have been. I kept getting pushed into the woman in front of me who turned around and snapped at me and it set off the panic attack that had been building. We were at a point where construction meant there was no shop to duck into and I think DH elbowed or outright shoved a couple people in his need to get me to the far side of the street where there was a shop and access to the path to first aid.

Somewhere there is someone who talks about, "that creep who SHOVED ME at Disneyland!" I feel a little guilty about that.

I have so much empathy for you, taking that person to WDW!

They said they never want to go back. I got a dessert party on the 4th, they did everything they wanted, cali grill fireworks at a window table on the 5th, the 3rd we had fireworks time rose and crown - I really tried. lol

I was the rude guest at a hotel in Ireland once... my first trip to WDW is coming up this year so I don't have any WDW stories, lol. We all have bad days. I was mortified after the one I had. Apologized profusely to my husband, should have apologized to the woman at the spa I snapped at for a stupid reason. Oh well.

Yikes, no we have never done that and our pet peave is the people who do disrespectful things like that and feel that they are above everyone else. How do you know that the other families also were not in a hurry etc....? I'm sure they were tired of waiting as well. Sorry I know you want me to agree with you but unfortunately I don't. We run into families like that from time to time and it's incredibly annoying. My question really is, why did you feel that you and the couple that jumped on the bus deserved the ride more than the families who were patiently and respectfully waiting for their turn?? I have to tell you that if I was there I wouldnt have let you guys get on. I would have spoken up, if I were one of the other families......just sayin' I think it always works when you treat others the way you want others to treat you.....

Lol, I wasn't expecting anyone to agree with what I did. I was giving an example of a time I was rude and did something I shouldn't have, not confessing to being an unrepentant bus hogger and encouraging others to adopt my wicked ways.

I'm guessing you've never once in your life ever done anything thoughtless, inconsiderate or rude, because if you had, you'd have undoubtedly understood the intent of my of my post. I admire your moral fortitude! ;)

They said they never want to go back. I got a dessert party on the 4th, they did everything they wanted, cali grill fireworks at a window table on the 5th, the 3rd we had fireworks time rose and crown - I really tried. lol

I... I want you to take me to disney. Can I get cali grill window seats, and the fireworks party on the 4th? My goodness, can you summon santa and the easter bunny too? At this point, I'd like to know the legal ramifications of getting adopted.

LOL! No, I can honestly say I am not that guest, but I would have made room for you too!!! I bet everyone on that bus understood FP for Soarin are like gold!

I have inadvertently fallen over people, stepped on people and basically was an annoyance. I really do not set out to be THAT person, but I have been told I mortify my DD and DSIL, and amuse the dickens out of my DGD! Oh dear! I am That Person!!!

I would have made room for you as well if I was on the bus. Bu
This whole post makes me kind of sad actually. I hate to hear of anyone having a bad time at WDW. Its so hard for us to get there, I am talking years and years between trips and a lot of scrimping and saving, that I have happiness overload once I actually get there. I have been known to have my own meltdowns in life but people who feel so vindicated for their rude behavior - can't you take a moment to remember that we are all people and have some empathy for people? Purposefully hitting someone with a stroller?! I mean seriously? If we can't be kind to each other in Disney then heaven help our world. That being said, if anyone did something to my child (hit her with a stroller, make her cry) my claws would come flying and I would be the lady who gets taken to jail.
Me too! Somebody messes with my kid, things will get serious FAST!

The one thing I'm taking away from this thread, in light of all the other threads about what to ban...? It's that if the only people allowed into the parks were folks who never ever step on anyone's toes (metaphorically or literally) the parks would be ghost towns. On the plus sde, though, the few remaining guests would have a delightful time, until Disney went bankrupt. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter