Admin Please Close Thread.

I am sure it will be amazing - we have been slowly gravitating to less park days and more luxuriating around the resorts on our stays - enjoy!
DH says he likes this new plan.

Years ago it was get up at three am, catch a 6 am flight, land just in time for breakfast, go to park. Next day go to park, next day take nap at COP in the park. You get the idea.

This trip, catch 3pm flight, have driver stop at Publix, pick up hoagies for dinner. Get rest of groceries later that evening. Next day park from about 9:39-3:30. nap, goto Epcot for late night hours about 7. Next day off. Next day repeat first day, but late night was mk(we didn’t make it). Next day off. Friday MK, Saturday off, sunday off/moving day. Monday did AK/nap/HS (only for fantasmic). Today off, tomorrow HS until 3 ish , rest, mk late night. Thur I had hoped for moonlight magic but wasnt able to get tickets. So Thursday and Friday will be rest days and Saturday home.

Years ago it was get up at three am, catch a 6 am flight, land just in time for breakfast, go to park. Next day go to park, next day take nap at COP in the park. You get the idea.

This trip, catch 3pm flight, have driver stop at Publix, pick up hoagies for dinner. Get rest of groceries later that evening. Next day park from about 9:39-3:30. nap, goto Epcot for late night hours about 7. Next day off. Next day repeat first day, but late night was mk(we didn’t make it). Next day off. Friday MK, Saturday off, sunday off/moving day. Monday did AK/nap/HS (only for fantasmic). Today off, tomorrow HS until 3 ish , rest, mk late night. Thur I had hoped for moonlight magic but wasnt able to get tickets. So Thursday and Friday will be rest days and Saturday home.
Absolutely amazing ... and with APs - I feel less worried about being in the park all day!

I agree it’s nice to have a balance when going to WDW, otherwise you need a vacation from your vacation because you are exhausted.

I agree it’s nice to have a balance when going to WDW, otherwise you need a vacation from your vacation because you are exhausted.

We always say that Disney isn't a vacation, it's an adventure and we feel like we need a vacation when we get home. My husband takes an additional day off for the day after we return from a Disney trip just to be able to sleep late and then mow the lawn. And bonus for me is that if *he's* on vacation, so am I (I don't have a paying job...just several volunteer positions) and I don't cook when I'm on vacation! :)

I have an AP. DH was using some complementary tickets. But the three days each week work well. And doing 5-6 hours in morning and a couple of hours late evening worked well. Plenty of time for rest in between.
What we are now looking forward to for our visits - is just strolling in after 2P - if we don't feel like running around in the mornings just to get to a park.

We are DVC but not AP holders. Like a lot of you, we take a much more relaxed approach now that our college-age sons don't join us. Still hoping they will want to go back to Disney.

I just made some ADRs for our July trip this morning; only a few we are married to. One benefit of jet lag is the ease of getting up at 6:00 am to make dining reservations.

I am sure I missed a lot the week I was away. Maybe I will go back and read it tomorrow. You guys keep the thread so interesting😊

Well I had a new adventure today. Close your eyes…….I was in the rest room in a stall and umm sitting, and a toddler climbs under the door. I said hi honey and toddler climbed out again. I think it was a multiple adult situation and he wanted to look for mom.
I have had little eyes peering between the stall door gap before. Never a dull moment when little kids are around!

Another New adventure today, We are at AKL. The chairs on the balcony hurt the back of our legs. With just the natural daylight in the room, I went to reach into the smaller bathroom to grab a bath towel, I didn’t see the door handle and smacked it with the lower bone of my eye socket. I’m going to look real interesting flying home in two days. Sitting here putting frozen water bottle on it now and again.

Another New adventure today, We are at AKL. The chairs on the balcony hurt the back of our legs. With just the natural daylight in the room, I went to reach into the smaller bathroom to grab a bath towel, I didn’t see the door handle and smacked it with the lower bone of my eye socket. I’m going to look real interesting flying home in two days. Sitting here putting frozen water bottle on it now and again.
Oh no, I am sorry that you got hurt.

Sorry you lost the battle with the door handle, I hope you enjoy the rest of your trip.

That's very true! Our 2021 trip, we were EXHAUSTED! Because it was a "get me the eff outta here" vacation after a year and half of hiatus, sorta last minute trip (I booked it about 7 weeks out, that's VERY last minute for me to fly across the country!) With no FP, no Genie at the time, no anything, it was just standing in stand-by all day everyday...it was pretty brutal! I didn't plan full rest days that trip (but we had two half days at the parks), and it felt very exhausting. We wouldn't do that again for sure!

Last edited:
Oh no....*ouch*! hope you're okay!! Definitely keep icing it as much as you can.

That's very true! Our 2021 trip, we were EXHAUSTED! Because it was a "get me the eff outta here" vacation after a year and half of hiatus, sorta last minute trip (I booked it about 7 weeks out, that's VERY last minute for me to fly across the country!) With no FP, no Genie at the time, no anything, it was just standing in stand-by all day everyday...it was pretty brutal! I didn't plan full rest days that trip (but we had two half days at the parks), and it felt very exhausting. We wouldn't do that again for sure!
Same. Our last trip in May 2021, although not planned at the last minute was exhausting due to the lines, no FP or Genie, limited Dining availability. We ended up scrapping one planned park day in the middle of the trip when a reservation at Wine Bar George opened for lunch and just spent the rest of the afternoon back at the quiet pool. I learned my lesson.

Sorry you lost the battle with the door handle, I hope you enjoy the rest of your trip.
Yeah, was outside, glasses got dark, came in for towel for DH’s chair , and bam. In the second smaller bath at kidani, the bath towels are kept on a shelf under the sink. So I was moving leaning over and didn’t realize handle/lever was so close.

At least most pictures are bruised free and last night ones were dark.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter