Adjoining rooms

chcknctlt

Mouseketeer
I know there is no guarantee but is there any way to get better odds at getting adjoining rooms? Call morning of check in or something? Staying at Coronado.

I know there is no guarantee but is there any way to get better odds at getting adjoining rooms? Call morning of check in or something? Staying at Coronado.

All you can do is call and request that. This can be done anytime from the day you book up until 4-5 days out. Rooms are assignef 2-3 days out.

And in Disneyspeak:

Adjoining = near each other
Connecting = right next to each other with an interior door connecting them.

Want to make sure you're requesting the right thing.

Should the request be put in writing by fax (as I've heard) or by calling in? Which one increases your chances?

What is the Disneyspeak that you referred to? Is that a source of information somewhere?

Should the request be put in writing by fax (as I've heard) or by calling in? Which one increases your chances?

Neither one gives you more of a chance than the other. As long as it's noted on your reservation. Whether your request is granted is 100% dependent on occupancy and how many others request the same.

What is the Disneyspeak that you referred to? Is that a source of information somewhere?

It is just how Disney defines the 2 terms.

All you can do is call and request that. This can be done anytime from the day you book up until 4-5 days out. Rooms are assignef 2-3 days out.

And in Disneyspeak:

Adjoining = near each other
Connecting = right next to each other with an interior door connecting them.

Want to make sure you're requesting the right thing.

That is actually travel industry speak. Wherever you are going, if you are requesting a door connecting the two rooms you need to use the term "connecting".

If you use the term "adjoining" and end up with rooms across the hall, diagonally, around the corner, or next to but no door, you HAVE gotten exactly what you asked for.

And if you arrive and do not have Adjoining Rooms,you can always give it another shot at the Front Desk.

I would make sure to note on your check-in request that connecting rooms is most important to you over the room being ready at the time I requested. I found that made the difference. One of the rooms was ready much earlier than the other, but that wasn't a big deal to us.

I think I told them adjoining...I should call back and tell them connecting! Thanks for tip.

I think I told them adjoining...I should call back and tell them connecting! Thanks for tip.

If what you want is a door between them, you NEED to change the wording.

It is still not a guarantee though. No matter what words you use.

We called and had our reservations linked, really just with hopes of everyone being in the same general vicinity. Didn't request connecting or anything else rooms on the online check-in. Very pleasantly surprised to get connecting rooms!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter