Adding to ADR party

got2sammies

DIS Veteran
Ok please dont chop off my head. We already have a ADR for 7 at Ohana and my brother is coming with us last minute. I have been trying to get another ADR for 3 around our time but unsuccessful- got 10:00- ours is 5:30... Would he be able to join us no problem? We are also trying to celebrate his 40th bd that night. If they can accommodate us I would like to cancel the 10;00 ADR for 3 so someone us can have it.

Unless you can get it changed ahead of time, there is no way of knowing if your brother can be accommodated. I'm not sure why you booked the 10 pm ADR, it isn't doing you any good. It isn't like they will seat someone 4 1/2 hours early.

Keep checking for an ADR that will seat all of you. If that doesn't work, show up with your extra, but understand there is no guarantee he will be seated. Will he be ok with that? If they can't seat him and you all decide to eat someplace else they will treat you like a no show and charge you the $10 per person fee.

Not sure I follow. Is it just your brother (so 7 people + 1 = 8)? If yes, that should be fine. A table that seats 7 will seat 8 and I'm pretty sure Disney doesn't plan for max capacity with fire laws so that should be ok. I've done it on a prior trip (gone from 3 people to 4) and had no problems at any restaurant, including Ohana.

If the +3 reservation means going from 7 people to 10, that is a big(ger) difference and one I'd be nervous to rely on, especially for a birthday celebration.

They certainly won't seat someone 4 hours early. Let go of that 10PM ADR unless your brother is willing to go there and dine alone (or with his party of 2?).

Ohana can be weird about how they seat, because of trying to make sure there is clearance for stuff. We got seated at tables that could, in theory, seat 6 as a party of 4, but if they'd put 6 at the one it would have been horrifying for two of the people. The antics can make some of the spaces at tables unusable.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter