Adding the non-expire option to tickets ????

jdb0822

Mouseketeer
If you purchase a MYW base ticket, lets say for 7 days. You use 2 days, and then decide to upgrade to a non-expiration ticket, can this be done to be able to use the 5 other days past the 14 day window? At what cost?

you can add it, but the option is based on the most number of days that were on the ticket, not on what's left over. so you'd still be paying based on a 7 day ticket.

thanks. Trying to convince DW to get 10-day non-expire tickets, with the waterparks (10 visits I believe).

We're a family of 7, and we seem to be going on average, about once a year, so I am figuring the tickets, especially with the water park option, will save us plenty over the life of the tickets.

We were told by AAA to go to a concierge on the last day of our trip and have just the remaining days upgraded to non-expire. Now that just seems dishonest to me and like it couldn't possibly be allowed so I called and asked about it and it is NOT correct information. My passes are 9 day length of stay. If I have 3 days left and want to convert to non-expire I get charged for the non-expire on the full 9 days which makes sense to me! I called and asked a few CMs just to make sure and got the same answer each time. I will be calling my AAA person to let them know.

Well I did this last Oct when we checked out. My DH had 3 days left on what was originally purchased as a 6 day ticket (no hopper or any extras), so I added the no expire option. For the heck of it, I asked her how much it would be to add days to the ticket. It was $1 to add 3 days-can you believe that? The total was around $46 for the no expire and extra days-well worth it! Now for our Sept trip this year, he's all taken care of with his 6 day ticket.

I did this option for my DD and myself this year. We will in Orlando for 5 days in September. But taking into account the first and last days are travel days, that left us 3 full days for parks. I bought us 6 day passes, with park hopper and non-expiration and now we have 3 days worth of tickets when we return next year!!! Yeah. And it cost me about $96 per ticket to add the three days and non expiration than if I just bought 3 days worth of park hoppers.

The cost to upgrade is the same difference as if you had bought the non expire originally. So your example 7 day non hopping, non plussed ticket cost 233.24, while a 7 day non hopping, non plussed, non expire ticket cost 334.41. Upgrading would cost you 101.17. You need to do the upgrade within 14 days of the initial use.

Adding the "non-expiring" option is expensive, so I would suggest adding the water park plus, and any days that can be added on (I think you can only add 1 if it's a 9 day ticket) to get the best value.....;)

We had these tickets and only had one Park Day left, but flew from NY and enjoyed the water parks for days!! Not going to major parks also allowed us to take advantage of special activities we had missed like the sing-a-long and campfire at FT. Wilderness, storytelling at AKL, etc.:cloud9:

thanks. Trying to convince DW to get 10-day non-expire tickets, with the waterparks (10 visits I believe).

We're a family of 7, and we seem to be going on average, about once a year, so I am figuring the tickets, especially with the water park option, will save us plenty over the life of the tickets.

Thats what we figure too. We use the water park as a full day of activity so we have 20 visits (10 theme, 10 waterparks/disneyquest) that we can use in the future. In the past 2 years we have done 3 theme parks and MNSSHP, and one waterpark. In the future we are going to skip MNSSHP, and do 3 theme parks and 2 waterparks.

Also the advantage is that when I come in the future I do not need a package so I can get a AAA discount on Disney property rooms.

I was sort of in your boat. We got 7 day MYW park hoppers and asked carefully about adding the no-expire option. We had to add it to all 7 days. We used it, going to one park in the morning and different parks in the afternoon or EMH. Later in the week, when we had 3 days left, we upgraded to annual passes. We got credit for every penny we'd spent for the 7 day hoppers, no-expire. We are very happy with our choice, we didn't leap to a conclusion that wasn't right for us and we got credit for our earlier purchases and didn't lose money by making a decision that we didn't know would be right for us back when we first chose to plan a trip.

I say, wait. If you realize that you didn't buy enough ticket, you can add to what you have. If you got too much ticket, you can't downgrade and get money back.

The cost for the No Expire option is based on the total number of major park days, counting both used an unused (entitlements). This number can never be higher than 10.

The cost, based on the number of entitlements, varied from $15 tio $180 (plus tax.
2 - $15
3 - $20
4 - $5
5 - $60
6 - $65
7 - $95
8 - $130
9 - $155
10 - $180

If you have the WPF&M Option and NE, the plus options also do not expire, and it is possible to use all of your major park days and still have minor park days remaining.

Two other rules.

Even with the NE Option, you cannot upgrade or modify the pass in any way more than 14 days from date of first use, and

If you had a pass of fewer than 10 days with the NE option and you want to add more days, not only will you have to pay for the days but also the difference in the NE Fee.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter