• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Adding someone to your DAS?

lorenae

I'm going to Disney World!
I have DAS, but never used it. It lasts for a few weeks/months, correct? I obtained mine in early December, after realizing I needed it but then things were ok for me and I didn’t need to use it (single rider at TT, fast-passes, etc).

I’m going again this weekend, on Saturday, and a friend is joining me beginning on Sunday evening for the week. Do I have to add her to my DAS on Sunday evening then, or can I take her magicband over earlier on Sunday and ask them to add her? Does that make sense- she is going to be rushed getting to our GG reservations from the airport, and I wondered if she actually has to be present for me to add her?

Every time I go, I head to guest relations to make sure it’s set and to add any guests with me that trip.

I am not sure how long it’s set up for but Most of my trips have been a few months apart as well so I assumed I needed to reactivate it

I am pretty sure you can use her magic band to add her.

Thanks! I asked them on Dec 4 if it would still be “good” for January 11-18, and she said yes, but I don’t know how long it really lasts without renewing it.

I don’t want to be embarrassed if I have a problem and need to use the DAS and then have them tell me to go to GR at Epcot when we have such a short time there that evening so maybe I can find out for sure before she arrives.

I have DAS, but never used it. It lasts for a few weeks/months, correct? I obtained mine in early December, after realizing I needed it but then things were ok for me and I didn’t need to use it (single rider at TT, fast-passes, etc).

I’m going again this weekend, on Saturday, and a friend is joining me beginning on Sunday evening for the week. Do I have to add her to my DAS on Sunday evening then, or can I take her magicband over earlier on Sunday and ask them to add her? Does that make sense- she is going to be rushed getting to our GG reservations from the airport, and I wondered if she actually has to be present for me to add her?
the DAS is good for 60 days since there is someone going with you when you get to the park go to GR and tell them you would like to add your DAS ( some time the person does not need to be there some times they do is really depends)

at the very least, you will have to have her magicband/ticket media, in order to add her to the das. so if she is meeting you there later, you wouldn't be able to add her unless you had her ticket.

have a great trip!

It didn’t work for us to add someone who was not with us in October, 2019. We arrived a day before our friend was joining us. When we went to renew our daughter’s DAS, we had our friend’s Magicband and asked if we could add him. We were told he would need to be with us in the park to add him.

The situations I’ve heard where Guest Relations added someone with the Magicband, but without the person being there, the person was already in the park. They just were not in Guest Relations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter