Adding Room Charging for Child

soniam

Wooden leg named Smith...
The last two trips staying onsite, our son has not had room charging capability. I had to add it at the front desk. Both times, they said that you set it up in the online hotel checkin. I just checked in on the web for our May trip, and there was nothing to differentiate that. I could only enter a credit card for purchases, nothing for specific guests. So, how do I this without having to visit the front desk everytime? My husband and I can both charge. Thanks

The last two trips my kids had charging privileges. I believe all I did was enter a PIN for them during online check in. I didn't do anything special or ask at the front desk. They were as young as 9 on one of the trips.

This is what we did for our Christmas trip.

TL;DR - it's under Profile

Website instructions:
1. Log into the MDE website
2. Go to the top right corner, click on My Disney Experience
3. Click on Profile
4. Scroll down to Payment Method and click on the arrow
5. Scroll down to Disney Resort Hotel Guests and click Set Room Account PIN. You can set a pin for each member of your family there.

App instructions:
1. Click on the hamburger menu all the way on the right
2. Scroll down to My Profile
3. Click n Payment Method
4. Click on the Disney Resort Hotel Guest PIN
5. Click on Set Room Account PIN

Hope this helps!

The last two trips my kids had charging privileges. I believe all I did was enter a PIN for them during online check in. I didn't do anything special or ask at the front desk. They were as young as 9 on one of the trips.

This is what we did for our Christmas trip.

TL;DR - it's under Profile

Website instructions:
1. Log into the MDE website
2. Go to the top right corner, click on My Disney Experience
3. Click on Profile
4. Scroll down to Payment Method and click on the arrow
5. Scroll down to Disney Resort Hotel Guests and click Set Room Account PIN. You can set a pin for each member of your family there.

App instructions:
1. Click on the hamburger menu all the way on the right
2. Scroll down to My Profile
3. Click n Payment Method
4. Click on the Disney Resort Hotel Guest PIN
5. Click on Set Room Account PIN

Hope this helps!

Unfortunately, he already has a pin. It was set a long time ago, and I specifically remember seeing that we had 3 of 3 pins on those previous trips, DH, DS, and myself. Maybe if I try to reset the pin, or maybe I will try through the app instead of the website. Thanks

I reset all 3 on the website again. Don't know if if made any difference though. However, when I went to to try it in the app, only my husband and i show up. There is no option to change the pin for my son, and he's not even listed as a guest. I wonder if that's the issue. He shows up in my friends & family on the app though. He is listed on the upcoming trips both on the website and in the app.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter