Adding Parkhopper

disneyfor3

Mouseketeer
I have 5 day one park tickets linked to my MDE that I purchased last year from outside ticket source. We are going down in a few weeks and were considering adding park hopping to our tickets. I was wondering if we have to pay the difference between our ticket price plus the park hopping price for each ticket or can we just add park hopping for the $79 per ticket? Thank you.

How much did you pay per ticket? And how many days are you staying? It might be cheaper to just each upgrade one of the tickets to the length of stay (and keep the others for future visits).

And I could be wrong, but there might be a lower price one day hopping charge.

The rules changed this year and you might have to pay the ticket increase + the difference for hoppers.. you might get lucky and it's just $79 but most likely you'll be paying more per ticket.

It also depends on where you got the tickets and reseller sources could be even more.. it's all confusing now. plan on getting to disney and being told it's much more and possibly deciding to not add on hoppers.

It used to be that if you used your ticket (i.e. entered a park once) before doing the upgrade, it would "lock in" your savings - your ticket would be considered to be worth the current gate price of that ticket (even though you bought it at a discount from a re-seller) and you'd only be charged the difference between the current gate price of the ticket you have and the current gate price of the ticket you want.

However, my understanding is that has changed with the most recent price increase, and now you will be charged the difference between the pre-increase gate price of the ticket you have and the current gate price of the ticket you want. You *should* still keep whatever small savings you got by buying from a re-seller, but you will be charged more than just the current $79 difference between a non-hopper ticket & a hopper ticket.

You can find historical ticket prices on allears.net - look up what a 5-day base ticket cost from Disney prior to the last price increase, then compare that to the current price of a 5-day Park Hopper on Disney's site (make sure you scroll down to the bottom of the page to see the total with tax included). The difference between those two prices is what you should be charged to upgrade your base ticket to a Park Hopper ticket.

Thank you. I'll try it but I'm guessing we probably won't bother with adding park hopping.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter