Adding On Points

curlyq2121

Earning My Ears
So we are new DVC members and bought Poly points however we want to buy an add-on at BLT so we have the 11 month window since we love that resort as well. Is it true that if we bought 100 points lets say at BLT that at the 11 month window we can only use the 100 points and not the Poly points as well? I am so confused.

You can only use points at the home resort that you are trying to book at the 11 month mark.

You can combine points from different resorts at the 7 month mark.

So we are new DVC members and bought Poly points however we want to buy an add-on at BLT so we have the 11 month window since we love that resort as well. Is it true that if we bought 100 points lets say at BLT that at the 11 month window we can only use the 100 points and not the Poly points as well? I am so confused.

Look at it this way - if one could get the home priority booking window at any resort they owned at with all their points then everyone would own SSR and just buy 25 points at each of the other resorts. That negates the home priority booking window. So it is correct that you could only use the 100 BLT points at the 11 month mark (and also bank or borrow points from that contract to have up to 300 points to use) and then at 7 months you could use any of your points for any DVC resort, including BLT.

I would use your PVB points to stay at BLT a couple of times before you buy there. We bought there before it opened and while BLT is a nice resort, it is our least favorite.

Have you thought about buying an Epcot resort to use when you do Epcot and AK?

:earsboy: Bill

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter