Adding extra day at beginning of trip

Nutmeg2016

Mouseketeer
Hi everyone,

I purchased 4-day tickets for my family's upcoming 4-night trip (I bought them directly from Disney). We're not planning to use the tickets until Day 2; however, I'm now toying with the idea of maybe heading to MK on my own the first night, thereby requiring an extra day on my ticket.

I don't think I"ll make a final decision until we arrive at WDW that first day (unless I have to. . . ).

So, my questions are:

- Can I upgrade just my ticket to 5 days, or would I need to upgrade everyone's?

- Would I be charged $15, or would Disney try to charge me the 1-day price of $105?

- Would I be able to upgrade on the spot upon arrival at MK that night? Or should I try and do it online at the hotel (AKL) before I head out that night?

Thank you!

Hi everyone,

I purchased 4-day tickets for my family's upcoming 4-night trip (I bought them directly from Disney). We're not planning to use the tickets until Day 2; however, I'm now toying with the idea of maybe heading to MK on my own the first night, thereby requiring an extra day on my ticket.

I don't think I"ll make a final decision until we arrive at WDW that first day (unless I have to. . . ).

So, my questions are:

- 1. Can I upgrade just my ticket to 5 days, or would I need to upgrade everyone's?

- 2. Would I be charged $15, or would Disney try to charge me the 1-day price of $105?

- 3. Would I be able to upgrade on the spot upon arrival at MK that night?

4. Or should I try and do it online at the hotel (AKL) before I head out that night?

Thank you!
1. Yes
2. Yes. $15, plus tax, The 5-day ticket rate.
3. Yes
4. You can't do that. (But, the resort concierge desk can do it.)

Last edited:
Are these regular 4 day tickets from Disney, or are they the 4 Park Magic Tickets? Just wanted to check, because I didn't think you could add a day on to the 4 Park Magic Tickets.

In fact you can add a fifth day at anytime before they expire, you could wait until day 4 of your trip if it was more convenient. However you would need to do it before the 5th day or you would be charged for a single day ticket.

In fact you can add a fifth day at anytime before they expire, you could wait until day 4 of your trip if it was more convenient. However you would need to do it before the 5th day or you would be charged for a single day ticket.
But if you already have FP+ reservations, you need to add that day right away or risk losing some of them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter