Adding DDP to room only reservation?

Chabi670

Earning My Ears
We have already booked our room at a discounted rate but have not yet ordered tickets. We are planning on buying 5 day park hoppers and would also like to add the DDP as well. I cannot see how to do this online. Do we just need to call?

You will have to call because you will be going from a "room only" reservation to a package. They are handled by separate departments so the one night deposit you paid for the room only res will be refunded and the package deposit of $200 will be charged. Packages also have a different final payment due date (45 days in advance of arrival) and different penalties for changes and cancellations from the room only reservation.

We have already booked our room at a discounted rate but have not yet ordered tickets. We are planning on buying 5 day park hoppers and would also like to add the DDP as well. I cannot see how to do this online. Do we just need to call?
Yes, you will have to call and cancel your room only reservation and rebook under a Magic Your Way package that includes resort, tickets and dining. It usually takes 2 billing cycles, around 2 months to receive a refund.

So, if I am understanding correctly...I will be made to cancel my room only reservation and rebook under a MYW package? Meaning I will lose my discounted room deal? So there is no way to just add tickets and dining package to an already booked room? Thanks for the help!!

So, if I am understanding correctly...I will be made to cancel my room only reservation and rebook under a MYW package? Meaning I will lose my discounted room deal? So there is no way to just add tickets and dining package to an already booked room? Thanks for the help!!

You can purchase room and tickets separately, but DDP is a package add-on. You can't have it on a reservation unless the reservation is a package, and in most cases it must be a package that includes tickets. (The only exception to the package requirement is for DVC members booking through Member Services, although annual passholders and guests eligible for the military room discount can get ticketless packages).

If you have a discount that applies only to room-only reservations, or if your discount has expired, it is entirely possible you will lose it when switching to a package. You'd have to call Disney and ask about your particular discount. They may also have a current discount available that you can apply to a package. You can't do any of this online, you need to call.

Yep, what TDC Nala said. But, if you are booking under one of the current room-only discounts, that has not expired yet, you can add that discount to the room portion of your package.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter