Adding Allergy Information to existing ADR information?

SGMCO

Vintage Style is Sweet--Rumbleseat Fashions
Can you call Disney Dining and add a food allergy to your ADRs?
I already made my ressies but was reading a food review which was talking about cross contamination of cooked foods. I started to get concerned because I would hate this to ruin my trip. My allergies are not the normal kind--I'm allergic to all meats with the exception of seafood--different I know--plus it's hard to explain to people. I can eat fish, shellfish but also like eating vegetarian/vegan dish (I usually feel these to be the safest for my allergy) if I think the dish might have meat crosscontamination. What I read in a vegan food review was that on the Tusker house buffet the Tofu dish and another dish were cooked in pans that they also cook meats in. Yikes! I didn't even think about this.

Can you call Disney Dining and add a food allergy to your ADRs?
I already made my ressies but was reading a food review which was talking about cross contamination of cooked foods. I started to get concerned because I would hate this to ruin my trip. My allergies are not the normal kind--I'm allergic to all meats with the exception of seafood--different I know--plus it's hard to explain to people. I can eat fish, shellfish but also like eating vegetarian/vegan dish (I usually feel these to be the safest for my allergy) if I think the dish might have meat crosscontamination. What I read in a vegan food review was that on the Tusker house buffet the Tofu dish and another dish were cooked in pans that they also cook meats in. Yikes! I didn't even think about this.
Give Disney Dining a call and have them note it on your ADRs. Also contact Special Diets and inform them. They will send you a form to list all of your ADRs on and the allergies/diet needs to suit you. Lastly, when you get to the restaurant, contact a manager and they should have someone (typically a chef) guide you through the selections.

Also, check out the DISabilities forum for much more detailed information. You'll be fine and have a great time :).

Each of my ADR email confirmations where I indicated an allergy has the following:

* If it is at least 2 weeks until your reservation date, please email us at SpecialDiets@DisneyWorld.com with any food-allergy or food-intolerance concerns.
* If it is within 2 weeks of your reservation, please call (407) 824-5967, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m., Monday - Friday. Calls outside of business hours will be returned the next business day. Guests under age 18 must have parent or guardian permission to call.
* Finally, we request that you please confirm your dietary requests with the chef or manager on duty when you arrive at your dining location.

Which is pretty much exactly what the pp said! :)

(and actually, the ADRs that I did NOT indicate an allergy state the same info as well, just not as obviously. But it's in there!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter