Adding a guest MDE and FP+ logistics

Meech Loves Mickey

DIS Veteran
Hi,
I need to add my niece to our July reservation. She has her own MDE account with her family. How do I link to just her in MDE? Or would it just be easier to add her from scratch to our account?

Also, do I need to call Member Services to add her to the ressie? I don't see anywhere online to do it?

She will most likely only be there for 4 of the 5 nights we are staying.

Thanks!

She has her own MDE account with her family. How do I link to just her in MDE?
Go to your Family & Friends list and select "Add a Guest" and then the "I'll enter their name & age" radio button. Fill in the required information and then click on the "Invite this guest to connect" radio button and enter the email she used when she created her MDE account. Click "Done". She will need to approve the friend request from her account.

Also, do I need to call Member Services to add her to the ressie? I don't see anywhere online to do it?
Yes, you need to contact MS by either phone, chat or email. Wait until after you've added her to your Family & Friends list.

Go to your Family & Friends list and select "Add a Guest" and then the "I'll enter their name & age" radio button. Fill in the required information and then click on the "Invite this guest to connect" radio button and enter the email she used when she created her MDE account. Click "Done". She will need to approve the friend request from her account.

The account is actually my sister in law's and my niece is listed as a guest on that account (with 5 other people). I just want to make sure I am connecting to only my niece, but I'm guessing if I have the names exactly the same as they are in my SIL account it should work?

Thank you!

The account is actually my sister in law's and my niece is listed as a guest on that account (with 5 other people). I just want to make sure I am connecting to only my niece, but I'm guessing if I have the names exactly the same as they are in my SIL account it should work?
The way I read your OP was that the niece was the MDE account holder. If she is managed by your SIL, that changes the steps needed to connect with her.

To do it yourself, you will need to connect with your SILs account first. Once connected with your SIL, you can go back to "Add a Guest" and your niece should be listed as someone you may know and you can connect with her. Your SIL will get an email and will need to approve the friend request for your niece.

The other option is to call the MDE help desk and see if they can connect you to your niece without needing to connect with your SIL first.

Thanks! I’m assuming that I can disconnect and/or remove my niece from my MDE if needed in the future?

(She doesn’t travel w us every time. )

No real need to disconnect anyone from your MDE friends and family list. In the future, just don't select them when making FP+ or MDE reservations. There are friends I travel with every few years, and they just sit in the Friends and Family section until needed.

Thanks!

Just a couple of things...

-My SIL will be buying my niece park tickets. Should she do it before or after I connect her, or does it matter?

-I’m assuming I can buy the dining plan for my niece for just the 4 nights she is staying?

Thanks!

Just a couple of things...

-My SIL will be buying my niece park tickets. Should she do it before or after I connect her, or does it matter?

It doesn't matter, as long as she has the ticket media linked to her by the time you start booking FP+

-I’m assuming I can buy the dining plan for my niece for just the 4 nights she is staying?
No, anyone on the reservation must have the DP for the entire length of the reservation. The only way around that is to make a separate reservation for your last nights, at a different resort or different room type, and change rooms.You will wind up with extra meal credits, or book some 2 credit meals while she is there. Is she at the age age where she likes character meals? Maybe book one or two during her stay, or just forgo the meal plan altogether for your entire party and put what the plan would cost onto a Disney gift card to use for meals. That way extra funds can be used for souvenirs or saved for a future trip. Or, assuming she is 10 years or older, you'll just have extra meal credits to use up after she departs. DOing the math for my travel and dining habits, I've never found the DDP to be of any value, some meals are less, some meals are more out of pocket, but overall, the DDP would cost more than than what I pay out of pocket during the course of a trip, especially when you consider AP or DVC meal discounts.

Last edited:
No, anyone on the reservation must have the DP for the entire length of the reservation. The only way around that is to make a separate reservation for your last nights, at a different resort or different room type, and change rooms.You will wind up with extra meal credits, or book some 2 credit meals while she is there. Is she at the age age where she likes character meals? Maybe book one or two during her stay, or just forgo the meal plan altogether for your entire party and put what the plan would cost onto a Disney gift card to use for meals. That way extra funds can be used for souvenirs or saved for a future trip. Or, assuming she is 10 years or older, you'll just have extra meal credits to use up after she departs. DOing the math for my travel and dining habits, I've never found the DDP to be of any value, some meals are less, some meals are more out of pocket, but overall, the DDP would cost more than than what I pay out of pocket during the course of a trip, especially when you consider AP or DVC meal discounts.

argh, you're right. I forgot. I will have to rearrange dining so we have can have a two credit meal or maybe 2 TS in one day.

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter