Adding 1 person to Storybook Dining at Artist Point ressie?

jennf

Mouseketeer
Do you think it would be difficult to add 1 person to an existing party of 3 reservation? My thought is that we will already be occupying at table for 4 for the 3 of us so hoping this will be easy to add. Thoughts?

Do you think it would be difficult to add 1 person to an existing party of 3 reservation? My thought is that we will already be occupying at table for 4 for the 3 of us so hoping this will be easy to add. Thoughts?

Standard answer: maybe, maybe not.

It's not the table size, it's the number of people in the restaurant. If your plus 1 puts them over fire code regulations, then it doesn't matter if they fit at your table. They will NOT seat them. There are also tables for 3 (up against a wall), so adding a 4th wouldn't work there either.

You have an ADR for 3. They don't have to make room for a 4th. If you think they will be joining you, change your ADR to 4 or make it for 4 to begin with. If they don't show, that's no problem. If you show up with an extra and they say no, have an alternate plan.

There may not be room for 1 more based on occupancy rates, so there's no guarantee that they will accommodate an extra person. Alternately, there could have been parties ahead of yours that had additional people accommodated and now there's no room. There are a handful of tables on property that do actually only seat 3 people because of where they are placed. Too many variables and in any case, you're at the mercy of a CM who may or may not allow it regardless of whether there is room. You could be turned away, or told to wait until room for 4 opens up (which could be a long wait because it would be unfair to bump the parties after yours).

Yes, some people HAVE been accommodated BUT it really depends on too many things and unless you're willing to part with $30 over it if they turn you away, make the ADR for the maximum number of people you expect, and you can always cut it down or show up with fewer people.

There should be no problem at all. A party of three is sitting at a table for 4 anyway. In my experience, I've never been told no, even when asking to add several people. If anything, you may need to wait a few minutes after your time.

I have had several instances where I went from a party of 3 to a party of 4 at Disney, (adults only). I have NEVER had a problem simply modifying it when I walked in to check in. This includes Liberty Tree Tavern on NYE, Chef Mickeys, Beaches and Cream, and several other hard to get ressies. You should not have any problem even if you can't modify in advance.

There should be no problem at all. A party of three is sitting at a table for 4 anyway. In my experience, I've never been told no, even when asking to add several people. If anything, you may need to wait a few minutes after your time.

Not necessarily. Many Disney restaurants have tables that fit 3 only, not 4.

Adding an extra right at meal time should be your last resort. They won't turn an extra away if they have room for them. Having room is not a given.

Add the extra before your meal if you can. Showing up with one less is not a problem. Showing up with one more may be a big problem, you just don't know. Always best to have an ADR that is too big instead of too small.

Not necessarily. Many Disney restaurants have tables that fit 3 only, not 4.

On a previous trip, it was originally set to be myself and my two kids. At last minute, my husband was able to get time off from work, take a flight and surprise us down there. All of our reservations were made for 3. We never had any issue adding him on at time of check in at any of our reservations. In fact, several of the hosts said to me, "of course, and that it wouldn't matter anyway because all tables are square and set up for 2, 4 or larger parties". Round tables are used for larger parties.

On a previous trip, it was originally set to be myself and my two kids. At last minute, my husband was able to get time off from work, take a flight and surprise us down there. All of our reservations were made for 3. We never had any issue adding him on at time of check in at any of our reservations. In fact, several of the hosts said to me, "of course, and that it wouldn't matter anyway because all tables are square and set up for 2, 4 or larger parties". Round tables are used for larger parties.

Which is great! Doesn't mean everyone with have the same experience.

Best to know what could happen so you can prepare for it just in case

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter