• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Add one feature/change one thing from each resort to make it perfect

BLT - have an ice machine on every floor.

AKL kidani - Have an elevated walkway over the savannas to make the walk from the end of the wings to lobby shorter. Not really sure how much shorter it would be, but great for viewing if they put in lots of windows.

VGF - bring back the mirror in the bathroom TV!!! (I'll never stop missing that lol.) This should be easy because I'm sure the infrastructure is all there, behind the current mirrors.

Or I'd like to see a dedicated coffee and/or dessert/ice cream counter service option. It's the flagship resort and if the BW and Riviera can have this, the GF should also! They can use the Summerhouse so that way they aren't taking away from any existing options, only adding to them.

I also agree with the comment about a dedicated monorail car though; I was surprised by how long our monorail waits were on our last trip because they were arriving already full with only a few people getting off at the GF.

OKW--some studios with a murphy bed or sofa bed of some sort. OKW is our home and favorite resort but when I'm solo I like to have a couch.
I laughed a little when I read this. I understand exactly what you're saying, but our wish would be the opposite - have all the studios with actual beds so I don't have to sleep on a pullout!! Just different wishes! But perhaps these new Murphy beds are the compromise. I slept on one earlier this year at BC, and they're much nicer for sleeping than the pullouts. On the other hand, the 'sofa' part of the Murphy beds wasn't the most comfortable! Not sure I see that happening at OKW, but it doesn't hurt to put it on a wish list!

There are so many things here I agree with. Like the soundproofing between floors at HHI. And more food options at OKW. I'd love to see a larger CS location there. I'd also love to see elevators added to more buildings so that those of us with ECVs wouldn't hope we got the requested first floor. DH always insists that there must be some kind of elevator system in the square centers (wish I had a picture)-"I can't believe housekeeping carries all those sheets and towels up to the third floor.

OKW - Ditch the horrible tubs in the GV's 2nd. and 3rd. bathrooms for walk in showers. Really, ditch the tubs in all the bathrooms - keep the jacuzzi, if need be, for children who can't go in the shower. If cost didn't matter (and we all know it does in our dues), I would suggest zoned HVAC. Half the guests freeze and the other half sweats in the 2 bed and GV.

Poly- Pizza and ice cream by the water like Boardwalk has. It could fit in between the current resort and the new tower.

IMO, it’s the TTC that’s the issue for VGF. I was there when crowds thinned (after Easter week). I can’t imagine what it’s like during true holiday periods. It made me realize you can’t beat BLT for that walk to MK.
Maybe the best answer to this problem is to require guests getting on the Resort line to show they are staying at a monorail resort or have a dining ressie at one of the monorail resorts. Or at minimum make it a resort guest anywhere on WDW property.

Maybe the best answer to this problem is to require guests getting on the Resort line to show they are staying at a monorail resort or have a dining ressie at one of the monorail resorts. Or at minimum make it a resort guest anywhere on WDW property.
and then it takes at least twice as long to board which nets zero improvement (or worse)

Even if they did something like the magic band checks entering rides, right at the bottom of the line at the TTC? I think they could make that work at a quicker pace.
Yeah maybe if they executed it efficiently. I was picturing the attendants in the loading zone trying to go around to check guests as they boarded and was imagining everyone fumbling for IDs or key cards, like those big families you see trying to scan eight people into the park on one phone (usually in the AP express lane where they don't belong).

Yeah maybe if they executed it efficiently. I was picturing the attendants in the loading zone trying to go around to check guests as they boarded and was imagining everyone fumbling for IDs or key cards, like those big families you see trying to scan eight people into the park on one phone (usually in the AP express lane where they don't belong).
I have seen that too many times myself. If they could do it efficiently I think it could be a help.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter