add name to deed, ROFR letter?

bumbershoot

DIS Veteran
Hi there!

I've learned a lot from the threads about adding names to the deed. But the one question I don't remember seeing a specific answer to is how DVC gets the ROFR info back to you (once you've sent in the request) so you can move on sending the info to the comptroller.

Do they just mail it?

Thanks in advance!

ps, I see what it says on the form, but the thread about it showed a timeframe of something like 2 days getting the letter after sending the fax, and that mystifies me. :)

Hi there!

I've learned a lot from the threads about adding names to the deed. But the one question I don't remember seeing a specific answer to is how DVC gets the ROFR info back to you (once you've sent in the request) so you can move on sending the info to the comptroller.

Do they just mail it?

Thanks in advance!

ps, I see what it says on the form, but the thread about it showed a timeframe of something like 2 days getting the letter after sending the fax, and that mystifies me. :)
You send them the first transfer form and they'll send you a ROFR waiver back with a second transfer form and additional instructions unless things have changed recently. Ultimately you'll record that and the deed and send them the second transfer form and a copy of the recorded deed.

They send the waiver by snail mail, since it's a legal document.

Thanks. I wonder how lanina got hers inside of two days? (I did ask on her thread but got no response)

I tell you, the more words I hear about this process the less I understand it. I probably should have paid someone to do this for me. Sigh.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter