"Activating" Tickets

lyra2007

Mouseketeer
Hi--
Can anyone help me with this? My four-year-old and I will be arriving in Orlando on February 24. We have 4-day military tickets. I don't want to waste one day of the tickets for just a couple hours on Sunday, but I would like to activate them on Sunday so we can go right into MK on Monday, as we have a pretty early breakfast ADR.

We will be staying near DTD--can we activate our tickets there, or must I go to TTC to do so? Not that big a deal, but a lot of shuttle bus travel vs. walking across the street. The webpage says you can activate them at any WDW theme park ticket window, but I wasn't sure what that meant, exactly, or if it's accurate.

Thanks in advance.

If I remember correctly we activated ours at the water park. Where are you considering activating? Quest? Call shades of green they will probably know better than any ITR office, don't forget to have the id holder present :) good luck!

Do you have the actual tickets, or coupons that you must exchange to receive the tickets?

Actual tickets don't need a separate step in advance to activate them. Just go to the turnstile and enter.

(Annual passes purchased in advance come in the form of a coupon that must be exchanged and the date of exchange is the start date for the AP. APs purchased at Orlando Int'l Airport are the real thing, active as of the date of purchase there.)

I don't know what you are given for military tickets, but if you have an actual ticket in-hand it is activated at the turnstile when you enter the park. If this is the case and you do not want to use a ticket on Sunday, don't put the ticket into a turnstile on Sunday. The ticket will be activated when you use it to enter the park on Monday and you do not need to activate it before then.

If you have to trade a voucher in for an actual ticket, you can do that without entering the park. You may be able to do that at the Guest Services at Downtown Disney.

If you have 4 day military tickets, they must be activated first UNLESS you bought them at Disney--if you did, they're already activated. You must have a military ID as the military member or spouse to activate the tickets or to buy them from Disney. You can activate them at any guest services window at any of the parks or at DTD.

Thanks. We're getting them from Fort Lewis. I know at DL we had to fill out some paperwork and show our IDs at the ticket window. I think they are basically verifying that you didn't steal or otherwise come across the tickets in an unsavory manner.

If you have 4 day military tickets, they must be activated first UNLESS you bought them at Disney--if you did, they're already activated. You must have a military ID as the military member or spouse to activate the tickets or to buy them from Disney. You can activate them at any guest services window at any of the parks or at DTD.

This is exactly right. The only thing I will add is that activating them does not use a day so you can activate them as soon as you get there and then use the first day when you enter MK for your early ADR on Monday.

we always activate our military tickets at guest services at DTD. Just make sure the active duty member or apouse is there.

Posted from Disboards.com App for Android

You can go to either the Marketplace or Disney Quest Guest Services to activate the Armed Forces Salute Tickets.

We just returned on Thursday from a trip to WDW. We purchased our Military Salute tickets at Shades of Green and they HAD to be activated before we used them. They were not vouchers, they were the actual ticket. We activated ours at the ticket booth outside the International Gate to Epcot.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter