Activating New Annual Passes upon arrival

eeyoresnr

DIS Veteran
I have purchased AP for our family for our upcoming trip. we are staying at Pop Century. I know we will have new Magic Bands but will the passes already be loaded on them? do we still have to go to the' will call' window at our first park visit? do they still give hard copies of the passes in addition to the bands? can the tickets be picked up at our resort or only at the parks? does DAK have a 'will call' window or do we need to go to the guest relations window? I realize it may seem weird that I don't know all this after the amount of times we have been to WDW but I had surgery a few years back and can not remember a lot of things since then. and it has been almost 3 years since our last visit. thanks for any answers and help you might offer

I have purchased AP for our family for our upcoming trip. we are staying at Pop Century. I know we will have new Magic Bands but will the passes already be loaded on them? do we still have to go to the' will call' window at our first park visit? do they still give hard copies of the passes in addition to the bands? can the tickets be picked up at our resort or only at the parks? does DAK have a 'will call' window or do we need to go to the guest relations window? I realize it may seem weird that I don't know all this after the amount of times we have been to WDW but I had surgery a few years back and can not remember a lot of things since then. and it has been almost 3 years since our last visit. thanks for any answers and help you might offer

You'll still need to go to a guest services window outside a park or at DS to activate them and get your AP card. It's a quick and easy process.

There isn’t anything on your MB. It’s simply a tool to use that is linked to your MDE.

You will need to go to guest services/ ticket booth to activate your passes. They will give you the AP card. You will need to customize your AP bands in MDE after you activate. They will then be shipped to you.

Yes you can do this at AK.

Take ID and the credit card you used to purchase the AP’s with you. They will also need to scan each person’s Magic Band. You will get an AP card that you can then show at shops and restaurants for the discounts. The whole process is really quick!

Take ID and the credit card you used to purchase the AP’s with you. They will also need to scan each person’s Magic Band. You will get an AP card that you can then show at shops and restaurants for the discounts. The whole process is really quick!

Do you really need your cc? I bought our AP's months ago with giftcards, not sure I even have them still.

We activated our APs at the AK guest services. We needed our magic bands and ID. They will give you the AP card. For 2 of us it took under 5 minutes.
You can do it at any Guest Services.

At Epcot, can you activate them at the International Gateway entrance, or only the main entrance? TIA

Laurie

We stay at BWV and will activate the AP at the IG. Its much less crowded (so far) than the main gate. They are remodeling so not sure how the set up looks now. There used to be 2 buldings before the tapstiles, the one on the right was Guest Services.

There used to be 2 buldings before the tapstiles, the one on the right was Guest Services.
Those are being demolished. They've setup a temporary building that contains tickets windows and guest relations.

We are starting our trip offsite. But activating our APs prior to WDW check in. Can we add our APs to those bands, & use them before moving to Disney?

We are starting our trip offsite. But activating our APs prior to WDW check in. Can we add our APs to those bands, & use them before moving to Disney?

You don’t get AP bands until later. You order them online and they ship them to you.

They might be able to provide gray bands for you, though. Or you can buy some.

Once your APs are activated they will be linked to your MDE account so any Magic Band also linked to your account will work just fine.

You won't need to "do" anything after you activate the APs.
Your new APs will "automatically" be accessible via any MBs that you already have or will be getting.

You could, if you like, stop by the Liberty Square "Ticket Center" (at Magic Kingdom) and
pick up a new MB (one that will be free in relation to your AP) during your trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter