Accommodation in Paris

rosaciri

Mouseketeer
Hi Everyone

Planning our next holiday which includes Paris and DLP. We will be staying onsite for 2 nights while at DLP and another 2 nights central Paris.

My questions are:

Would 2 days be sufficient at DLP. We spent 5 days at DL Anaheim and not sure how big the park at DLP is compared to Anaheim?

Looking for somewhere central to stay close to the main attractions - thinking 4 stars - any recommendations?

Many thanks for your advise we haven't been to Paris s looking forward to it.

Rosa

In central Paris, I would not choose a hotel based on it's closeness to the main attractions mainly because they are spread throughout the city. Also, hotels that are near one monument, especially the Arc de Triomphe and Eiffel tower, charge extra for that proximity.

We prefer to stay near a metro station that is on a useful line or near a transit point and that has restaurants nearby. A good spot is near La Madeleine. You can walk to the Louvre, the Opera or the stores on boulevard Haussman, but it is quiet and safe in the evening.

Look at Hotel Bedford, New Hotel Roblin or Hotel Madeleine Haussman for example, but there are plenty other good choices in that arrondissement. Just know that outside of american chains (Best Western in Europe is not considered an american chain btw. It's an association of independant hotels), the rooms tend to go from small to very small.

do you have a budget? Paris is a very expensive city and where do you want to be near?

Last edited:
Marc D has given very good advice - I'd avoid staying too near the Eiffel Tower both because it's expensive and also because it's not all that close to other things you'll want to see and do.
I would also recommend steering clear of the Northern parts of Paris near Montmarte and Moulin Rouge - there are many beautiful places there and great things to do, but from a past experience, it can also be a seedy area at night.
I almost always stay in or around the Latin Quarter (near-ish to the Notre Dame) - I like this area for its proximity to the river, accessibility, and lots of nice bars and restaurants. There are two or three main streets in the Latin Quarter that are horribly touristy/tacky but the wider area is my favourite! I really enjoyed my stay in a wee hotel called Les Bulles Des Paris last time, I'd probably go back there.

Oh and to answer your question about time in the parks - 2 days will be just about enough to squeeze things in. 3 or 4 would be ideal, but it's important to visit Paris itself as well so i think you've got the balance right. With planning and good organisation, you'll get almost everything done at the Disney parks in 2 days.

All cities charge more for being near to somewhere nice. This is not new. St Germain is a good area I heard.

Anyone have any experience at hotel Brighton near the louve? It good reviews one place I was reading.

We reserved an apartment through air bnb in the Marais district. Great location and reasonable. There were lots to choose from.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter