• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

? about guests on reservation

Mommaof3

<font color=darkorchid>I have a wet noodle and I'm
I have 2 rooms and a total of 6 people traveling. Right now I have 2 people in 1 room and 3 in the other and 1 is not on the reservation yet. We have a package with the rooms, tickets, and dining. The problem is that 2 of the people will only be there 1/2 of the time as the rest of us. Do I have to pay for full time tickets and dining for both of them or can I only pay for the actual days that they are there? Thanks for any help and information.

Everyone on a reservation must be on the same plan with the meal plan for the complete length of the reservation.
One solution would be to have your second room, with those leaving early in it, booked for the shorter length of time. Then everyone in that room will have the plan for the complete time as required

Thanks for the replies. The short-timers are split over the vacation. So 1 is coming the first half and the other is coming the last half! It looks like I just pay full for both or risk the new room being away from the first! Plus that is really my 3/4 person room. Again, thanks for the information.

Thanks for the replies. The short-timers are split over the vacation. So 1 is coming the first half and the other is coming the last half! It looks like I just pay full for both or risk the new room being away from the first! Plus that is really my 3/4 person room. Again, thanks for the information.

So, the room with 2 has 2 people in it the whole time and the room with 3 or 4 has 1 person there the first half and one person there the second half - is that correct? If that's the case, I would keep the room/ticket/dining package for the room with 2 people and do room-only for the second room and just purchase tickets separately and pay OOP for food for that room.

That sounds like you lose any possibility of saving money with the dining plan and probably lose a lot to pay for an entire stay for 2 people who will only be there half the time. I’m sure you have your reasons, but I would really at least explore having one room room only and not pay extra for tickets and dining that won’t be fully used. It seems to me surely it would be cheaper to pay for tickets and food separate for that room than a half used package of dining and tickets? I’m not sure what it has to do with room location, if it’s 2 rooms your chances of being together or apart don’t change based on it being a package or room only reservations, you link them the same and request rooms together. Maybe I musunderstood something, but just my thoughts off the top of my head.

With a regular vacation package everyone in the same room needs the same things.

You have a few options...

Put those people in their own room and let them get what is right for them.

Pay for the full amount of tickets and dining plan and at least you can use the remaining dining plan credits.

Cancel and rebook a ticketless package so that you can purchase tickets separately but you'll still have to pay for the dining but again you'd get to use the remaining credits.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter