AbD: any plans to offer Japan?

twinmum

DIS Veteran
Hello! My son is fascinated with ancient and modern Japanese culture. Has anyone ever heard of any plans to offer tours to Japan...or do we know it's absolutely ruled out for some reason?

It has been discusssed--and ABD has asked about it in interest surveys. Dusty (our China guide in 2008) mentioned that Japan was being looked at, but one down side was the high cost of touring Japan. There is a rumor that ABD may announce new trips--maybe Eygpt, maybe not--this month rather than in August (the traditional month for such announcements from them). I have not seen or heard anything hinting of an upcoming July "new trips" announcement--has anyone out there heard anything??

Hello! My son is fascinated with ancient and modern Japanese culture. Has anyone ever heard of any plans to offer tours to Japan...or do we know it's absolutely ruled out for some reason?

I would also be interrested with a Japan tour. The culture is so facinating and each area has such history.

Keeping my fingers crossed.

It has been discusssed--and ABD has asked about it in interest surveys. Dusty (our China guide in 2008) mentioned that Japan was being looked at, but one down side was the high cost of touring Japan. There is a rumor that ABD may announce new trips--maybe Eygpt, maybe not--this month rather than in August (the traditional month for such announcements from them). I have not seen or heard anything hinting of an upcoming July "new trips" announcement--has anyone out there heard anything??
Well, I have to admit, one thing that makes me skeptical of the July 18th date is the fact that that's a Sunday. I can't see them making a large announcement on a Sunday. But heaven knows, I could be wrong! Guess we'll find out!

Sayhello

Well, I have to admit, one thing that makes me skeptical of the July 18th date is the fact that that's a Sunday. I can't see them making a large announcement on a Sunday. But heaven knows, I could be wrong! Guess we'll find out!

Sayhello

The itineraries were released on Aug 10 last year. I was expecting them on Aug 3, since they had come out on the first Monday in August in 2009 (I remember because we were on our Costa Rica ABD at the time and discussed with our guide the trips being leaked on the internet before the announcement). Thomson has had their 2011 itineraries up on their website for several weeks and had a promo to sell them at the 2010 prices unitl the 2011 prices were posted (which are there now) and offered a $500 credit to the first family to book on each trip. Maybe ABD wants to get their info out earlier too. I hope so, but I'll believe it when I see it.

I am very interested in a trip to Japan as well!! I emailed ABD about the possibility of a Japan trip. They gave me a very mysterious response. I could not tell if it was hinting or just providing a generic response. My fingers are crossed!

I am very interested in a trip to Japan as well!! I emailed ABD about the possibility of a Japan trip. They gave me a very mysterious response. I could not tell if it was hinting or just providing a generic response. My fingers are crossed!
If you wouldn't mind, could you post the mysterious response? I'd be very interested to see what it was.

Sayhello

I also sent a question to ABD and had exactly tha same reaction to the reply. I asked 2 questions: whether they had any plans to include Japan, and also whether the 2011 itineraries were finalized (i.e. is the final list available?).

Unfortunately, I deleted it, but basically it did not confirm any Japan itineraries...but clearly did not say they absolutely wouldn't. It did not say that the final destinations had been finalized, but did suggest (and I remember this) "you may wish" to visit our website towards the end of July to check out the destinations. In other words, they didn't actually answer my questions, but they did catch my interest!
The plot thickens...or not!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter